In The Groove Dance Bundle- $19.99

I think this is a great value. I did not really like the game compared to the DDR games (song selection) but the pads are pretty good quality. The only problem with them is sometimes on certain DDR games when you are standing in the center of the pad (neutral position) the pads still register you as pressing up, down, left, right, ect. Very weird. To get around this you need to be standing off to the side of the pad when you are making your selections and songs before you actually play. During actual gameplay there are no problems.

[quote name='WilliamG']GREAT deal. In the Groove is in many ways a better version of DDR. Shame it flopped so hard that it's so cheap now..[/QUOTE]

I think it would have sold better if it was a new release game since DDR is more mainstream than ever. I wish they would have released ITG 2 for PS2 as well. I was playing ITG 2 in the arcade at Six Flags today and it had a really good songlist.

[quote name='WilliamG']GREAT deal. In the Groove is in many ways a better version of DDR. Shame it flopped so hard that it's so cheap now..[/QUOTE]

It didn't flop. Konami sued, and won. ITG is now Konami property.

Depending on free shipping or not, in for 2 or 3.

[quote name='darkcecil32']It's too bad that ITG 3 will probably never, ever, see the light of day =/.[/quote]

Jeez, the lot of you are in the dark.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The game will, the dance pads will not[/QUOTE]

It will work with the Pelican PS2 to usb adapter. I have two pads and two adapters and it works perfectly.

I don't like ITG personally but 10 bucks for the pads is a great deal. Shipping is like 5 bucks. The redoctane pads are ok, like purkeynator said they are really sensitive in the menus, and real ddr pads are better quality, but still a great deal.

Eh, $32 after tax/shipping kills it.

Plus, my PS3 is my PS2 now. Is there no converter that works for DDR pads? Even the ones with the PS-selector button?

Well, ITG had its own problems, but at least it was something new when Konami bores me to death with DDR.

ITG tended to target the high-tier players, so it was fairly elitist for a good period of time. Honestly, if we're looking for reasons DDR died off, one really good one would be 'It's not dancing when you're flailing on the pad.'. Max300 should have been a novelty. Instead, the high-tier audience demanded it become the standard. DDR was at its best in the 4th / 5th mix days. Those songs aren't terribly hard, but at least it gives an illusion of dancing that is slowly lost as the series goes on.

I really wish Harmonix was in charge of DDR and not Konami. >.>

Konami bores me to death with DDR.
Are you seriously not following the Japanese location test that started last night? USB memory sticks to hold edit data, revised rating system, etc.

I really wish Harmonix was in charge of DDR and not Konami. >.>
If Harmonix handled DDR, you'd only have two arrows and only go up to Difficult/Standard. No. Screw them and their dumbing down of things.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Are you seriously not following the Japanese location test that started last night? USB memory sticks to hold edit data, revised rating system, etc.

If Harmonix handled DDR, you'd only have two arrows and only go up to Difficult/Standard. No. Screw them and their dumbing down of things.[/QUOTE]

Did you play Frequency and Amplitude? How the heck can you even say such things about Harmonix. Not everything needs to be Beatmania or extra, extra hard. DDR becoming more like Guitar Hero or Rock Band would only be a good thing. It has to be less about the hardcore players and more about the average player, or it will never be anything more than in the nitch it's still in.

DDRX still has its wonderful cache of Japanese music that will never really catch on with the general US audience. -.- Konami just doesn't get it.

Most songs 10+ just don't look like dancing anymore. Nothing you say changes that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamelore']Eh, $32 after tax/shipping kills it.

Plus, my PS3 is my PS2 now. Is there no converter that works for DDR pads? Even the ones with the PS-selector button?[/quote]

Wow they jacked up the shipping. I got mine a few months back for $4 shipping....

[quote name='BrandonMills']Did you play Frequency and Amplitude? How the heck can you even say such things about Harmonix. Not everything needs to be Beatmania or extra, extra hard.[/quote]

I can say what I want. GH/RB is simply a dumbed-down GF/DM with two more frets. Harmonix and Activision are simply getting money from that. Can you imagine how much more competitive and challenging the game would be if just strum timing and speed mods were added?

But no, it's just about the songs. That's Harmonix's approach, not Konami's. Harmonix's success is in the songs, not the instrument. And that's very unfortunate that this is probably the narrow mindset that dominates the majority of GH/RB players. You guys are missing out on some great songs.

Can I ask you guys something? Do you seriously not pine for more than just PLAYING the song from the start to finish? Make a hard song even harder?

I am befuddled that there is nothing as simple as a sort of nonstop setlist mode has yet to be implemented.

DDR becoming more like Guitar Hero or Rock Band would only be a good thing. It has to be less about the hardcore players and more about the average player, or it will never be anything more than in the nitch it's still in.
What niche? There have been 8 PlayStation sequels since the series' introduction into the U.S., 4 Xbox games, 3 360 games, 1 Gamecube game, and 2 Wii games since DDR US PS1.

And you know what? Each game that's on a different console approaches the songlist in different ways AND THEY'RE STILL SELLING. DDRMAX PS2 had 10% licenses and now we're at 25 licenses and 50 Konami Original songs.

Xbox releases currently dominate with around 70-75% licenses but mostly from lesser known indie stuff. That's still carries over with the 360 games.

The Wii, while still too early to determine, is around 50-50 but the licenses are great covers and the Konami Originals are done in a dance music-style genre which are still pretty great.

And if it weren't for the hardcore, you wouldn't be seeing stuff like USB edit data, screen filter, online mode, LAN mode, incremental speed mods...

DDRX still has its wonderful cache of Japanese music that will never really catch on with the general US audience. -.- Konami just doesn't get it.
And here's where you stop being valid. Let's see what's in those U.S. releases!

PS2 GAMES
SN2: 6 songs, 1 of them actually licensed. There are about 75 songs here.
SN: 13 songs. Out of about 75.
EXTREME 2: THREE songs. Out of about another 75. Take note that is this THE best DDR game ever released among the player consensus.
EXTREME: THREE songs. About 74 or something.
DDRMAX2: 4 songs from about 72-73.
DDRMAX: THREE songs from about 70-ish.

XBOX Games
Ultramix: 4 out of 50-ish?
Ultramix 2: ONE.
Ultramix 3: Seven.

Japanese songs in downloadable content available up until Ultramix 3: ZERO.

I can't remember everything but the point stands: you're just not trying. By your logic, we should equally dismiss the other songs that are NOT in English or Japanese. What about those? Are you going to complain about something in Spanish? French?

Don't also neglect the fact that the PS2 game songlists are dominated by Konami Originals, not licenses.

One last thing: All Bemani songs are NOT in Japanese. They have vocals in various languages that are primarily English or Japanese or have no vocals whatsoever.

Most songs 10+ just don't look like dancing anymore. Nothing you say changes that.
Yeah, well, it's not like those dominate the songlist either.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back