In the market for a good laptop. Any good deals?

DarthPuma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I can spend a little over 750, but the cheaper the better! I want something with a good processor (dual core is a must) at least 2 gigs of ram, and would like it to have a dedicated video card. I won't be doing any real gaming on it, but if it could play Spore I would be ecstatic. I don't have any brand preferences, and don't mind if it's a refurb as long as there is a return policy/warranty.

I would be careful with anything having a 8400 or 8600 since Nividia had problems with them and had to set 200 million against their earnings next quarter. I just bought a HP with a 8400 and I'm debating on returning it. Just hit up slick deals once a day and you'll find what you're looking for, since both Intel and AMD came out with their new platforms, there is a lot of discounts on the old ones now.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Getting warmer...

I would check out slickdeals for a few days, though.[/quote]

Oh wow, that IS perfect!

The computer I used to have has an NVIDIA 7900GS, AMD ATHALON X2 3800+ and 2 gigs of ram. How does that laptop compare? I get confused with the 8000 different processor and video card types on each side.

bread's done
Back