In Thoery couldn't we make a Cheapass gamer game

gareman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I mean I sure there are good programmers on here, and I know there is good artist. I know a little bit of programming and want to learn more. I am sure there are people that could do puzzles. I can write and I am sure others can as well.

Let us discuss: dumb idea or potential to make a fun funny cool indie game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well not just by me. I was saying that us as a community (awe) could utilize are motley crew of nerdom to build a game from the ground.

If you in is what I want to know and what you do skillz wise

argh harder and harder to type coherently--ambien kickin it.........

goodnight

The biggest question: how much would it cost? Would there be a sale on it? A B2G1? Would it have DLC? How many CheapAssPoints would it cost? What is the conversion rate between CheapAssPoints and the American Dollar? What will the resale rate be? Is it likely to go OOP? How much will it be used at GS? Will GS gut all of the copies? Could it be aquired through an easy-to-abuse instant-win game on the Internet? Would anyone here buy it at MSRP?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The biggest question: how much would it cost? Would there be a sale on it? A B2G1? Would it have DLC? How many CheapAssPoints would it cost? What is the conversion rate between CheapAssPoints and the American Dollar? What will the resale rate be? Is it likely to go OOP? How much will it be used at GS? Will GS gut all of the copies? Could it be aquired through an easy-to-abuse instant-win game on the Internet? Would anyone here buy it at MSRP?[/quote]

I just thought it would be a cool idea. Perhaps, I am being a little immature about this idea. I was just wondering if anyone had skills on here it would be nice to develop a fully realized video game of decent quality.

But yea I guess your right it was a stupid idea to have fun, let people showcase their talents, and be able to come together and make something cool.

nuts to that.

it can be made with a group of people. I don't have any artistic nor programming skills but I think I could design the game + story.

oh and this would be a downloadable game. if its good enough or something, a bigger version could be sold through an online store for a cheap price but we are thinking way ahead right now.

Hell of a great idea we should do the kind of game cheapy and wombat were talking about. Id tell you what it was like but its 5 in the morning and i should be getting to bed soon. (looks out window O the sky is bright)

If there's a CAG game, I'm just saying this: I should be a power up. I don't want to be a playable character, I just want to be some kind of back up/special item.

Of course, Circuit City (even though it's a year later) should be like ::main boss::

"WUBB gets the LILBOO"
"LILBOO MAKES CIRCUIT CITY FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE"

[quote name='lilboo']If there's a CAG game, I'm just saying this: I should be a power up. I don't want to be a playable character, I just want to be some kind of back up/special item.

Of course, Circuit City (even though it's a year later) should be like ::main boss::

"WUBB gets the LILBOO"
"LILBOO MAKES CIRCUIT CITY FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE"[/quote]

"LILBOO MAKES EVERYONE FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!"

Garemon, I agree with you -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory. /homer :cool:

Also I'm excited to get a lilboo!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The biggest question: how much would it cost? Would there be a sale on it? A B2G1? Would it have DLC? How many CheapAssPoints would it cost? What is the conversion rate between CheapAssPoints and the American Dollar? What will the resale rate be? Is it likely to go OOP? How much will it be used at GS? Will GS gut all of the copies? Could it be aquired through an easy-to-abuse instant-win game on the Internet? Would anyone here buy it at MSRP?[/QUOTE]

So is this a question, or the story to the game?

You also need one of those trailers that starts off with "In a world where...".

And no, it's not a stupid idea. Go for it. Just realize that it takes lots of effort to make a fun game. ;)

Why doesn't someone just throw together a flash game where we rip something off and just paste Cheapy and Wombat heads over Mario or something.

Or just make another Bejeweled clone with money bags and other CAG related shapes. Just put a $ in front of the score and you got yourself a stew going.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Why doesn't someone just throw together a flash game where we rip something off and just paste Cheapy and Wombat heads over Mario or something.[/quote]
limboofthelost04ok2.jpg

This would be so cool if done right. Just make a simple game including CAG members, and jokes only CAGs would actually get. and dont forget to include me as a boss with british accent and monocle! :lol:

Budge's fatality should be hitting somebody over the head with a bottle of hienz ketchup mixed with alcohol.

I'm decent at programming. Mostly with C. I could help, but it all depends on what system we're making it for, and what language. (Also, what graphics engine depends as well.)

I want to be an item. Every time someone uses me, the screen will turn a milky white, and the user will be greeted with a gong and Randy Savage saying "Oh yeah!"

RPGMaker. Very easy tools & it has a high turnaround. To have such a huge cast, I'd say an rpg is probably the most logical choice. If you did an FPS, it'd be no different than playing multiplayer. Sports games might be a possibility though. A fighter might work but how would it be different from just using the Mugen emulator?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']DLF.

That is all I ask.

Obviously, you start with glitter as your only weapon...[/quote]

DragonLordFrodo and that dude that pretended to be a chick would make great boss characters.

[quote name='Xevious']DragonLordFrodo and that dude that pretended to be a chick would make great boss characters.[/quote]

I was thinking about DJK8ie, actually, but I heard s/he recently returned, or something.

[quote name='Rocko']I volunteer RelentlessRolento.

He is, after all, CAG's Only Game Designer.[/quote]

:lol: how did I miss this ?

anyway, it's been done but I abandoned it halfway through. it had nothing to do with CAG but was intentionally made to be "published" by CAG... here's the vid of an older working version I had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Ha2YLeIFU

so yeah... uh it can be done and has been done... just to an extent.

Wombat and CheapyD were talking about a Tribes type CAG game. A Tribes mod would definitely fit that mold.

bread's done
Back