In what condition should I expect to receive a used game from Gamefly.com?

lain21us

Banned
I'm thinking of jumping on that Halo 2 deal, and I'm wondering if anyone could share their experiences about the condition of the discs they've received from GameFly. Thanks in advance.

I bought FIFA 2005 and it was in great condition - no scratches on the disc and the manuals were PERFECT, as if no one had used them. Great, great, great.

I've ordered about 10 I think.

All have generally been in excellent condition.

3 had minor damage to the manual.

1 had a loose disc (wasn't on the spindle) but it was in good shape when I looked it over.

YMMV. Some people have reported receiving discs in like-new condition while others have received discs mildly to somewhat scratched.

I've ordered about a dozen games and every last one of them look 'used' (which includes light scratches and fingerprints). Some had a lot of marks circling the disc and didn't look much better than the stuff you'd see in an EB or GS.

Just got my first game from them. The disc was very clean; there were some slight marks on the disc but I would hardly call them "scratches" or anything like that. It really was just the normal stuff you'd see on a disc after playing it for a while. Packaging and manual and all that were perfect and complete; and there were no stickers or anything to deal with. Oh and I ordered the game Wednesday (Feb 9th) and received it yesterday (Feb. 14th), so shipping time is pretty good.

I would definitely order from them again!

Yeah, I'll just second everything said here. I've ordered about 10, and they've all come in great condition, with only very minor marks. Course you never know with a game as popular as Halo 2, but gamefly games usually seem to be in better shape than most used games you'd get at EB or Gamestop

I've gotten several games that were literally unused. They won't always rent out every single copy they have. I've gotten a couple that were fairly beat up though. But on average, they're usually in better shape than you'd get from EB, with an occasional chance of an unused/mint or beat up copy.

They do usually resurface the games if they're that bad, into good condition, but sometimes they miss some.

Oh, and cases and manuals are always 100% perfect. Those don't leave the warehouse.

I got Zelda Four Swords Adventures and everything was in mint condition, even the outer cardboard box and the GBA link cable were included.

I bought 7 games (1 GBA, 1 GC, 1 Xbox, & 4 PS2) from them when they had the free shipping deal. All cases (box for the GBA game) & manuals were in perfect condition, not even fingerprints! The discs (cartridge for the GBA game) were in near mint condition. I couldn't find any scratches. It was like I bought them new.

The best thing about buying from GameFly is the cases and manuals, they go straight into storage, and come out in near perfect condition. YMMV with the discs, depending on how popular the title is and whether or not they actually rented the disc they sell you. I highly recommend GameFly used games over EB or Gamestop. At least you know they will come complete and the cases won't have 300 unremovable stickers covering them.

I bought Champions of Norrath and Paper Maro from Gamefly. The game, case and manuals were in perfect condition, but it really depends on how much that individual game was rented out.

bread's done
Back