Inception BD/DVD/DC - $17.99 @ Amazon.com

The pre-order price guarantee should happen automatically though, right? I should only ask them if it doesn't change when it ships I presume...

The automatic adjustment should happen, yes, though my orders always seem to have issues with it.

I'd recommend you do the following:
1) Screen cap the current price, with the "You ordered this item....." banner at the top of the item page.
2) Give Amazon 24-48 hours to adjust the price automatically in their system.
3A) If it auto-adjusts, you're golden.
3B) If it doesn't auto-adjust, email them and ask them to manually adjust it. If they come back with the "it'll automatically do this at time of shipment" or "you'll receive the lowest price when it ships", keep emailing them until you see the correct $17.99 price in the order history.

Release date is this coming Tuesday, so if it drops lower for some reason by the end of the day on Tuesday, you'll get that as well.

Thanks for the post Shrike, I'm in for the preorder now, was waiting to see the price come down. That $24.99 on amazon was really annoying :)

Finally, I talked to a rep and got denied yesterday. Now I hope amazon gives me my trade in credit before it ships.

Thanks Shrike, in for one. This is one of my all time favorite movies. I still discuss the ending with my wife and friend. I say the top is about to fall and he is in reality. Watching for a second time helped me understand what was going on better. I think the special features have an explanation of sorts about the ending. Can't wait!

[quote name='supermodestmouse']NOOOO!!!!! I would have actually paid for that special edition :([/QUOTE]

Why not just buy it from Amazon.uk then?

Thanks shrike, cancelled my old order and re-ordered this. For those that have an old order, the product description may be different. My old one only said the Blu-Ray, however this order is the 3-disc version (I ordered when they only had the one available). So, you might want to check it out; it's probably the same thing, it was just before they had any concrete information about the Blu-Ray release.

I'd switch over to this on Amazon, though I have the BB special edition version ordered with a $10 off digital certificate that doesn't come back if I cancel the order.

Glad CAGs are getting in on this.

wow....how convenient! i was just looking for a deal on inception earlier today. while its not my favorite nolan film, i still enjoyed it and want to give it another shot to see if i'll like it more after a second viewing.

hopefully, nolan does a commentary track to go with it. iirc, he normally doesnt.

I preordered this awhile ago when it was in my gold box for $23.74. I'll wait until tomorrow and if it isn't price adjusted then I'll just cancel and reorder.

Mine actually shipped already today so I shot their customer service an email asking to refund the difference as it didn't adjust. I think it auto-adjust if the order hasn't shipped yet, but since mine did already the price was still $24.99. I never had a problem with amazon refunding the difference on a product before, and I don't expect one this time =) Thanks for the info!

In my Goldbox for $17.09, had to bite. Meant to see this in theatres but never made it. So a bit of a blind buy although I've only heard good things.

Only the people who are super elite or those who hate everything popular will dislike it. If you don't fall into either you'll like this. It's one of the more unique films of the last few years.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']My goldbox has it for $17.09 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Mine, too. I couldn't resist it at that price :cool:

I'll order this one for viewing and then pre-order steelbook for collecting. BTW, I just found out that I do have Michacel Jackson Collector DVD/CD Briefcase which look similar to Inception ones. I'm gonna buy a cheapo totem for 25 cents @ grocery vending machine lol!

Are people really buying these now -- I try to stay away from buying individual movies -- take up space and really, do you watch it again once it is put away? Why not just rent?

[quote name='bsesb2003']Are people really buying these now -- I try to stay away from buying individual movies -- take up space and really, do you watch it again once it is put away? Why not just rent?[/QUOTE]

Because some of us watch movies more than once and are huge movie fans and like having a library of our favorite moves.

I buy a lot less, and rely more on Netflix these days. But I still have 300+ movies and still buy things like Inception that are among my all time favorites.

It's not different than people who collect games (which I don't, I beat and trade/sell) or cds (which I also have 300+ of).

[quote name='bsesb2003']Are people really buying these now -- I try to stay away from buying individual movies -- take up space and really, do you watch it again once it is put away? Why not just rent?[/QUOTE]

Did you really just ask why people buy movies?

If you go see the movie in theaters, then rent it one time, you are paying the same price (or more) as you would if you just skipped those things and purchased it outright.

Thank you sir. I never thought of renting movies. You just saved me $1000's of dollars. Thanks for the help.

:imwithst:

Used some slick Gold Box manipulation and decided to grab this for $17.09. I currently have an order with WBShop for $25 (along with the Ultimate Matrix Collection for $26), but I think I'm going to cancel the Inception portion of the order. Even if they tack shipping back onto the order (hoping they forget that part :)), I still get UMC for about $32, leaving me with $49 out of pocket for both movies instead of $51

[quote name='n00bie']I hope Amazon adjusts the price. They shipped mine today and charged me $24.99.[/QUOTE]Don't take the chance. Email them now and they should fix it without issue.

If they claim that it was the cheapest price when they shipped it, remind them that the pre-order price guarantee is in effect until 11:59PM on 12/07/10, and that they're required to adjust the price.

bread's done
Back