Independent game shops in the Bay Area?

There is one in Alameda on Park Street. Sorry I dont remember whats its called. I also know of one in Fremont near the mall. Again, I forget what its called.

Network Video
1215 Broadway Burlingame, CA 94010

They speciallize in Imports and have domestic games. It's a small store, but its packed full of games, anime, toys, dvds. They have new and used games. But mainly new.

I recently did a trade-in by mail with BRE Software in Fremont. Seems like a very decent outfit, if you want the copy of Gradius III & IV I traded in check their B&M location. :)

Xevious, If the one you were talking about in Fremont was Knights, I tried to swing by a couple months back & it was gone. I hear there's one in Benicia but don't know the name.

[quote name='physlics66']Xevious, If the one you were talking about in Fremont was Knights, I tried to swing by a couple months back & it was gone. I hear there's one in Benicia but don't know the name.[/QUOTE]

That could be it. I havent been there in a long time. The Alameda Store had the word "Alameda" in it. I think its called the "Alameda Game Exchange" or something like that. They have a big selection of all platforms dating back to the Atari 2600 and Colecovision.

[quote name='physlics66']Xevious, If the one you were talking about in Fremont was Knights, I tried to swing by a couple months back & it was gone. I hear there's one in Benicia but don't know the name.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Knights is indeed dead.

If you're in Brentwood (Northern California, not the So Cal Brentwood) be sure to stop at Brentwood Game Exchange. They have just about any game and system you can imagine.

anybody know of any Bay Area game stores that carry import DS games? a couple of friends of mine were interested in picking up some stuff.

im from SD but about the import ds games. if you guys have a fry's electronics store in the bay area they sell DS and PSP imports.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']im from SD but about the import ds games. if you guys have a fry's electronics store in the bay area they sell DS and PSP imports.[/QUOTE]
yea but Fry's price is much higher than the price online. Avoid unless you need it right away.

Nice, thanks for the input. I'll try to hit up a couple of these stores, especially the one in Burlingame since that might be the closest to me.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']im from SD but about the import ds games. if you guys have a fry's electronics store in the bay area they sell DS and PSP imports.[/QUOTE]

yea they do, but their DS import selection is lame compared to ther PSP imports. the last time I was there they had Tenchu and Bleach for PSP, but had games like Mahjong for DS...

[quote name='Xevious']That could be it. I havent been there in a long time. The Alameda Store had the word "Alameda" in it. I think its called the "Alameda Game Exchange" or something like that. They have a big selection of all platforms dating back to the Atari 2600 and Colecovision.[/QUOTE]
Game Exchange is an okay place. I pick up classic games there from time to time. Its where I got a 99 cent copy of Shaq Fu for Genesis. They have a huge selection of older stuff, the best part of that is that a lot of it is complete too. Other than old stuff, you're better off somewhere else. They sell new releases for at least $5 more than retail and they don't give you good trade in prices most of the time.

The biggest thing against the store is this one guy. Theres only two people I ever see there. The lady thats there is very kind and tries her best to be as helpful as possible. She wasn't hesisant at all earlier this year when I brought her a stack of $1.99 games and exchanged them for a couple DS games. The guy who works there is the Middle Eastern version of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I've seen him call people liars and lowball people like crazy. You just can't reason with this guy. In general they'll lowball you, but the lady seems more happy to have your business that she'll at least bargain with you.

I could probably find the one in Benicia eventually, the only gamestore here I know of right now is Gamecrazy though :\.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Game Exchange is an okay place. I pick up classic games there from time to time. Its where I got a 99 cent copy of Shaq Fu for Genesis. They have a huge selection of older stuff, the best part of that is that a lot of it is complete too. Other than old stuff, you're better off somewhere else. They sell new releases for at least $5 more than retail and they don't give you good trade in prices most of the time.

The biggest thing against the store is this one guy. Theres only two people I ever see there. The lady thats there is very kind and tries her best to be as helpful as possible. She wasn't hesisant at all earlier this year when I brought her a stack of $1.99 games and exchanged them for a couple DS games. The guy who works there is the Middle Eastern version of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. I've seen him call people liars and lowball people like crazy. You just can't reason with this guy. In general they'll lowball you, but the lady seems more happy to have your business that she'll at least bargain with you.[/QUOTE]

They have a good selection, the woman is very nice. The guy kind of hid in the back the two times I was there. I bought elemental gearbolt there.

[quote name='uuaww']rasputins exist throughout the bay, about 6-7 locations.[/QUOTE]

The videogame prices at Rasputins have never been competitive from what I have seen. This is not to say I dont like the store. In fact, its my first choice to go when I want to buy CDs or DVDs (that are not on sale).

rasputin can be very hit and miss when it comes to video games, i got area 51 and gt4 3 weeks after they came out for 12 each. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes, you don't.

bread's done
Back