Indiana Jones DVD's $10 bucks at TARGET!

blueroomnc

CAGiversary!
Hi I didnt't see this posted anywhere but the new Indy DVDs are ten bucks at Target this week only. Its not in their ad but i was their today and got all three for 30 bucks plus tax. the box set with the three is 39.99 so its actually cheaper to buy them separate. the kiosk was in one of the check out lines with a bunch of other movies marked ten bucks. way cheaper than circuit city for these new discs.

hmm maybe an unadvertised sale? I was in store Tuesday when they released.. were like $14 each and box set was $37.99.. I guess I'll go check now!! Let ya know.

yup, confirmed. I just bought the individual sets for $30 plus used that $5 off toy coupon thing LOL it worked so yeah $25+ tax for the Indy trilogy at Target =D w00t go return at Hastings ASAP my man. Save yourself a few bucks

Yeah, saw this today...bought them last Tuesday at $13.99...was thinking of taking back and getting a refund until I realized I lost my receipt. Ugh...

Wait a minute, isn't the same?

The single Indy Jones movie sold for $10 but the older version of the boxset has 4 DVD (3 movies plus bonus featurette) is around $38.

[quote name='kndy']Yeah, saw this today...bought them last Tuesday at $13.99...was thinking of taking back and getting a refund until I realized I lost my receipt. Ugh...[/QUOTE]
If you paid with debit or credit, they can use your card to pull up the transaction.

[quote name='Megalith']Too bad? Aren't the new releases identical, other than the shittier box art?[/quote]

the old adventure trilogy dvd's are different from these. The new ones have different special ed. like new interviews and stuff?

The "new" releases have a few new features...mostly crap. I think the "new" release dropped a documentary as well. The individual movies also come with really nice slip covers.

The older release had a 4th disc with a documentary that was 2-3 hours long and that's about it; each movie has its own disc with no other features. The new ones dropped it entirely in favor of "Introduction by Spielberg and Lucas", seemingly boring bits like "Looking back with the Women of Indy", and "Creepy Crawlies the Bugs and snakes" stuff...didn't catch my interest. I almost bought the new set at work(CC) but saw we had a couple of the older sets still so I picked one up for about $34. I also like the art for the older set.

And damn! I just looked up the old set on amazon to post the differences in features and it's dropped to $24.99.The full screen version of the old set is still at $36.99 which is bizarre. The new set release is $34.99.

Anyways, this is the new feature set(from one of the reviews on Amazon):

STORYBOARDS, unless something differs greatly from the film, I have trouble sitting through these:
2) Snakes Alive! The Well Of Souls. - From Lost Ark
3) Hold On To Your Hat! The Coal Mine Chase. - From Temple of Doom.
4) The Birth Of the Action Hero! The Last Crusade Opening Scene.

MEMORIES, modern interviews with those who worked on the films back then. These are always a little jaded for me.
5) The Indy Trilogy, A Crystal Clear Appreciation. - The cast & crew of the new movie talk about how well they like the original three.
6) Indy's Women Reminisce. - a reunion of Indy's main women.
7) Indy's Friends & Enemies. - Steve, George, & the writers discuss character creation, including a look at the new movie.
8) Creepy Crawlies. - Steve George & Frank Marshall remenisce about snakes, bugs & rats.

BEHIND THE SCENES, new documentaries about the making of the originals:
9) The Mystery Of The Melting Face. - a re-creation of the original special effect in "Ark".
10) Discover Adventure On Location with Indy. - A slightly misleading title as this is also a modern day travel around the world, showing where the films were originally shot.
11) Photo Galleries from each film.

And then there is:
12) LEGO Indiana Jones.- promotional demo games.

And as I said, the old release has a dvd with a documentary on it which I thought was worth more than storyboards and whatnot.

I'd buy them, but really I'm trying not to buy dvd's anymore. I know I'd end up buying the three and then kick myself later when I'm shelling out more money for a blu-ray with them. It's bound to happen someday...

[quote name='Antic']I'd buy them, but really I'm trying not to buy dvd's anymore. I know I'd end up buying the three and then kick myself later when I'm shelling out more money for a blu-ray with them. It's bound to happen someday...[/quote]

True, but honestly w/ DVD's I dont see them going anywhere for awhile. With upcoversion and such, I find DVD's to be perfectly fine for me, especially how cheap they can get w/ used etc. I DID get to catch the last Indy Last Crusade on SciFi HD and the TV HD quality was amazing.. so I'd love to see a transfer in 1080p..

[quote name='Antic']I'd buy them, but really I'm trying not to buy dvd's anymore. I know I'd end up buying the three and then kick myself later when I'm shelling out more money for a blu-ray with them. It's bound to happen someday...[/quote]

This is the only thing keeping me from biting. I know I will want the BD releases, and I really don't want to waste the money now and end up making nothing back on them when I sell them to upgrade.

[quote name='blackhole82']They have the whole set at amazon for $24.99. Price just under super saver shipping :([/QUOTE]

Seeing as how I was really just interested in Raiders and LAst Crusade, when I heard about the Target sale, I thought I'd just do that, but now that I hear about this, it seems worth the extra $5 for Temple of Doom and the bonus disk. I can just add a copy of SNK Arcade Classics (since I'd wanted that anyway, and I can't seem to find it in any stores!) for the Super Saver shipping.

[quote name='blackhole82']They have the whole set at amazon for $24.99. Price just under super saver shipping :([/QUOTE]
Cool. That is the 2003 box set that I was looking for. Identical features to new release. Only packaging is different.

bread's done
Back