Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

AugustAPC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
The Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Thread
 ​
Physical media may not be as popular as it was in years past, but that has not stopped it from finding success in more niche areas of the market. In fact, we're seeing so many physical releases, these days, that it has become difficult for even dedicated collectors to keep up with all of them. Many games, usually indie titles, are seeing releases with highly limited prints, regional exclusivity, retailer exclusivity or are simply appearing with little notification. The purpose of this thread is to identify, catalogue, discuss and post deals for these releases, in hopes of making information more accessible and supporting the medium.​
 ​

FAQ

Q: tl;dr

A: There are probably games that were released physically that you don't know about. Find them here.

Q: What is the "master list"?

A: The master list is a catalogue of all the games that have been identified here that meet certain criteria that differentiates them from standard, mainstream releases. It offers information regarding regional exclusivity, retailer exclusivity, print quantities and more.

Q: What are the criteria? How do you decide which games make the list?

A: For the most part, these will be "smaller" titles that were originally released as digital-only but have been given a physical release. Some exceptions may apply, like if an indie game launches with a physical release, it will likely be listed. Another exception would see a larger title that was only released digitally, for whatever reason, get a limited physical release (example: if Limited Run Games did a print of Fatal Frame V.)

Generally if a game is, as the title says, indie, limited or obscure and has a physical release, you'll see in on the "master list."

Also, the game must be region-free or NTSC-U and in English (subtitles are valid).

Q: Region free or NTSC-U? Doesn't that mean the list is only valid for North American users?

A: This means that every game on the list will be playable on North American consoles, though a few games may have versions that are region-locked on a certain console (this will be noted). Most games are now region free, so if you aren't from the NTSC-U region, it's very likely that the game will work for you. Knowledge of which systems do and don't have region-locking should allow anyone to make use of this list.

Q: What about games for collectors who aren't in the NTSC-U (North American) region or own consoles that can play region-locked games?

A: There may be a separate tab for you guys down the line. One step at a time.

Pre-Orders/Upcoming Releases

Notable Publishers/Distributors

iam8bit

A retailer, located in California, that sells all sorts of limited edition video game merchandise. They occasionally publish physical, indie titles for the PS4.

Limited Run Games

Based in California, Limited Run Games is generally accepted as the company that started the modern trend of releasing physical games in limited quantities. Currently, they publish several games a month but have stated they intend to ramp down. Their games come with collectible, trading cards and are sometimes offered alongside soundtracks, collector's editions and other related merchandise. The two heads of the company are very active on different forums and regularly engage with the community. They currently publish games for the PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch and occasionally the PC.

Play-Asia

Play-Asia is an established retailer located in Hong Kong. They are well known for offering a large variety of imported merchandise, including many games that have not seen western releases but have English subtitles. They've recently partnered with eastasiasoft to distribute exclusive and limited, physical releases. These games are often offered with collector's editions which are highly praised for their presentation, content and low prices.

Special Reserve Games

A company based in Texas, Special Reserve Games currently publishes games in limited quantities with no discernible schedule. Their games are frequently offered alongside collector's editions. They also collaborate with Limited Run Games to create variant covers for some of their titles, which are then sold via Limited Run Games' website. They currently publish for the PS4, PS Vita and PC.

Strictly Limited Games

Based in Germany, Strictly Limited Games seems to publish one title a month with varied but highly limited quantities. Collector's editions and soundtracks are sometimes offered alongside game releases. They've published games for the PS4 and PS Vita.

Super Rare Games

Located in London, these guys are relatively new to the limited game market. Similar to Limited Run Games, they include trading cards and stickers with their games. They publish only for the Nintendo Switch and intend to release one game a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, that makes more sense. I thought the reserve list wasn't working and that anyone with a valid PA account could get in on it.

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought the reserve list wasn't working and that anyone with a valid PA account could get in on it.
Yeah, it was broken this morning, they fixed it at some point before I could get in, didn't get a single email about this release at all unfortunately, not sure what exactly qualified people to get on the list. I know one guy said he has bought every single EA release and didn't get on the list to buy this one, so who knows

It is really weird that it hasn't sold out. And that game is actually fairly well known and liked for smaller, indie games. 

Honestly shocked that with only 500 units produced and no purchase limits, Unepic hasn't sold out in the 12 hours it has been available in. That's a desperately low print run - if Gryphon Knight can sell out of 999 copies in fifteen minutes at $30 *with* a purchase limit, what is going on here?
Yeah something's not right , Cursed Castilla too should have been sold out by now and they ignored my multiple tweets about adding stock counter on their site.

Yeah something's not right , Cursed Castilla too should have been sold out by now and they ignored my multiple tweets about adding stock counter on their site.
Castilla does have a purchase limit of 5. Plus it already had a PS4 release and this one has a higher print run. It'll eventually sell out though.

Castilla does have a purchase limit of 5. Plus it already had a PS4 release and this one has a higher print run. It'll eventually sell out though.
Yeah, I think they over did it on doubling the PS4 run, as 2000 would have been probably perfect for the Vita as well. 4000 just takes away the "limited" nature and leaves it to sell out over a longer period of time. Which if they don't mind, is a good thing I suppose.

apparently BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 is a physical release, but Limited Run Games is supposed to release a physical release?

So I wasn't on the email list for UnEpic and was able to get a Vita and PS4 copy just now.  I don't see anywhere on the page about it only being 500 copies (Cursed Castilla says on the page it's of 4000).  Almost makes you wonder if they aren't pulling some shenanigans...

So I wasn't on the email list for UnEpic and was able to get a Vita and PS4 copy just now. I don't see anywhere on the page about it only being 500 copies (Cursed Castilla says on the page it's of 4000). Almost makes you wonder if they aren't pulling some shenanigans...
I never got an email but was able to order the PS4 version this morning. Even right now they both show available and I can add them to my cart. Maybe try again. I agree that this can’t be a 500 copy limit..it would be gone by now and they make no mention of that on the page. Maybe they were holding 500 back for VIP customers but I find it hard to believe that’s the total print run. Does anyone have a picture of the email they can share?

Also, just as a head up... if for some reason it sells out, our boy Chris has it up on ebay for 3x the amount on each platform.  He got ya bruh!

I never got an email but was able to order the PS4 version this morning. Even right now they both show available and I can add them to my cart. Maybe try again. I agree that this can’t be a 500 copy limit..it would be gone by now and they make no mention of that on the page. Maybe they were holding 500 back for VIP customers but I find it hard to believe that’s the total print run. Does anyone have a picture of the email they can share?
As one of our Play-Asia.com Exclusive most valued customers, we are honoured to invite you to pre-order our #15 exclusive title - Unepic (PS4 & PS VITA) Collector's Edition! Limited to 500 copies for each system releasing on 26 January 2018. This is currently only available for VIPs and you will have 48 hours from now on to place orders prior to other customers! Act fast whilst stock lasts.

Unepic is a mixture of platforming and role-playing game that takes place in a huge castle of medieval fantasy. Highlights:
Explore more than 200 rooms
Discover over 100 different weapons
Learn more than 70 spells
Unearth countless hidden treasures
Defeat nasty enemies, including terrifying bosses
Languages:
Voice: English
Subtitle: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Korea.

Play-Asia Exclusives 48-hour Priority Pre-Order Instructions
This priority pre-order is a first-come-first-served basis by invitation only, so act fast whilst stock lasts within the 48 hours!
If you cannot place the order on the product page, please contact our CS at [email protected] for immediate assistance. Or, please try to login to Play-Asia.com with the same email address that you normally use to purchase our exclusive titles.

skipping out on Unepic. I am absolutely never going to play it. At least when I buy games, at least I have the intention of playing it. And this is not one of them. lol

GZ0oasv.jpg

Does anyone know if BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 that play asia is selling for $47.99 is a physical release edition? seems different then the collectors edition. anyone know?

https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegga-rev2016/13/70bsdd
Definitely on-disc, not a CE (but it does come with a soundtrack) and yes LRG have advised us to "wait and see". However I also remember reading something about the Korean version not having a huge print.

I grabbed two from Play Asia. Something may happen with LRG's release, and it seems that I can already make my money back on eBay if need be. Furthermore, they'll probably end up having different covers, and I've not had a Korean release before, so I think this one will be cool to have. 

Paranormal Activity is up on BestBuy's site, I think GCU gets free shipping now but could be wrong - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/paranormal-activity-the-lost-soul-playstation-4/6167719.p?skuId=6167719

Job Simulator availability continues to get smaller, recommend picking it up at a local gamestop if you can get it
Is PA playable without a VR? I want to check this out but don’t have a VR quite yet (plan to buy one in the near future). If it’s now a common game maybe I should hold off if I can’t play it yet. If this is a limited release or I can play without VR I will buy now. Thanks!

Paranormal Activity is up on BestBuy's site, I think GCU gets free shipping now but could be wrong - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/paranormal-activity-the-lost-soul-playstation-4/6167719.p?skuId=6167719

Job Simulator availability continues to get smaller, recommend picking it up at a local gamestop if you can get it
Thanks, picked it up. This is something I am actually interested in playing since I just got a PSVR.

Its pretty crazy how these VR games are getting rare. New copies of Eagle Flight look like they're getting hard to find as well.

Is PA playable without a VR? I want to check this out but don’t have a VR quite yet (plan to buy one in the near future). If it’s now a common game maybe I should hold off if I can’t play it yet. If this is a limited release or I can play without VR I will buy now. Thanks!
Pretty sure it's psvr required

What Jurai said. Look at the bottom right corner of the case.

71f2J6gszML._AC_SX430_.jpg

Current job simulator availability:

Code:
Fordham Road - Bronx, NY 10458 - PreOwned
Allendale S/C - Pittsfield, MA 01201 - PreOwned
Ocean County Mall Bg - Toms River, NJ 08753 - PreOwned
Camden Town Center - Camden, DE 19934 - PreOwned
Aramingo Super Ctr. - Philadelphia, PA 19134 - PreOwned
Fulton S/C - Brooklyn, NY 11216 - NEW
Sound of Freedom Sh. - Havelock, NC 28532 - NEW
Lebanon Valley Mall - LEBANON, PA 17042 - PreOwned
Mariners Point - Saint Marys, GA 31558 - PreOwned
Northwoods Mall Bbgs - Charleston, SC 29406 - PreOwned
Magnolia Mall - FLORENCE, SC 29501 - PreOwned
Indian Trail - Indian Trail, NC 28079 - NEW
Westridge Square - GREENSBORO, NC 27410 - PreOwned
Oak Brook Square - Flint, MI 48507 - PreOwned
SWM Capital West - Tallahassee, FL 32304 - NEW
Southlake Pavilion - Morrow, GA 30260 - NEW
SWM Fort Payne - Fort Payne, AL 35968 - NEW
Jackson Plaza - COOKEVILLE, TN 38501 - PreOwned
SWM Xing of Hobart - Merrillville, IN 46410 - NEW
Oak Creek Center - Oak Creek, WI 53154 - PreOwned
East Towne Mall - MADISON, WI 53704 - NEW
Edgewood Mall - MCCOMB, MS 39648 - NEW
Elmore Ave. Shoppes - Davenport, IA 52807 - PreOwned
Broadmore Plaza - Abbeville, LA 70510 - PreOwned
Burning Tree Plaza - Duluth, MN 55811 - PreOwned
Atascocita - HUMBLE, TX 77346 - PreOwned
Cypress S/C - Bossier City, LA 71111 - NEW
Longview Mall - Longview, TX 75605 - NEW
McAlester SWM - McAlester, OK 74501 - PreOwned
Lake Air Court - Waco, TX 76710 - NEW
Glen Oaks Crossing - Dallas, TX 75224 - NEW
Brinker Plaza - DENTON, TX 76208 - PreOwned
Manhattan S/C - Manhattan, KS 66502 - PreOwned
Tri County S/C - Schertz, TX 78154 - PreOwned
Rock Springs R/C - Rock Springs, WY 82901 - PreOwned
Elko Junction - Elko, NV 89801 - NEW
Centerpoint Mall - OXNARD, CA 93033 - PreOwned
Omak Center - Omak, WA 98841 - PreOwned

Playasia has a regular edition of Unepic up now at $25.  If you purchase it you can also bundle Tachyon Project or Rive for $20 more on PS4, or Semispheres or Tachyon Project for $20 more on Vita (for people that missed out on the B1G1 Black Friday sale).

https://www.play-asia.com/search/unepic

I'm annoyed that they staggered the regular edition because I already paid $35 for the collector's edition the other day.

I pointed the script I used for Job Simulator earlier at the PreOwned SKU for Dokapon Kingdom Wii and Gravity Rush Remastered just to see what showed up across the nation. Biggest saving is if you have PUR Pro, Dokapon Kingdom ($39.99 with PUR Pro, lot cheaper than ebay), Gravity Rush Remastered ($43.99 with PUR Pro, still cheaper than most third parties). The script is also showing a metric crap ton of SNES Classics being in stock all over the place, I'm not entirely sure that one is accurate or if GameStop's are holding systems for some sort of event this week (showed 4 stores in my city as in stock)

Dokapon Kingdom

Code:
Berkshire Square Sho - READING, PA 19610 - PreOwned
Central Park East - FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22401 - PreOwned
Harrison Crossing - FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22407 - PreOwned
Webster Square - WEBSTER, NY 14580 - PreOwned
West Oaks II - Novi, MI 48377 - PreOwned
Gulfport Plaza - Gulfport, MS 39503 - PreOwned
Big Springs Plaza. - Neosho, MO 64850 - PreOwned
Clovis Retail Center - Clovis, NM 88101 - PreOwned
Layton Pointe - Layton, UT 84041 - PreOwned
Richmond Target - Richmond, CA 94805 - PreOwned
Klamath Village - Klamath Falls, OR 97603 - PreOwned
Gravity Rush Remastered
Code:
Fields Corner - Dorchester, MA 02122 - PreOwned
King Kullen - Valley Stream, NY 11580 - PreOwned
Crossroads Shopping - WHITE PLAINS, NY 10607 - PreOwned
Clocktower Plaza - OZONE PARK, NY 11416 - PreOwned
Littleton Commons - Littleton, NH 03561 - PreOwned
Christiana Mall - NEWARK, DE 19702 - PreOwned
5406 5th Avenue - Brooklyn, NY 11220 - PreOwned
Wilkes-Barre Commons - Wilkes Barre, PA 18702 - PreOwned
Gateway Plaza - Ogdensburg, NY 13669 - PreOwned
Southpark - COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA 23834 - PreOwned
South Plz - California, MD 20619 - PreOwned
Festival @ Bel Air - Bel Air, MD 21015 - PreOwned
Mondawmin Mall - Baltimore, MD 21215 - PreOwned
Security Square - BALTIMORE, MD 21244 - PreOwned
Pentagon City Mall - ARLINGTON, VA 22202 - PreOwned
Center at Innovation - Manassas, VA 20109 - PreOwned
Vestal Plaza - Vestal, NY 13850 - PreOwned
Ridgemont Plaza - Greece, NY 14626 - PreOwned
Charlottesville FS - Charlottesville, VA 22901 - PreOwned
Hillside East Plaza - CHAMBERSBURG, PA 17202 - PreOwned
Shippen Towne Centre - SHIPPENSBURG, PA 17257 - PreOwned
Westside Plaza - West Columbia, SC 29169 - PreOwned
Columbiana Station - Columbia, SC 29212 - PreOwned
New Pointe Plaza - Clarksburg, WV 26301 - PreOwned
Mary Walter Plaza - PARKERSBURG, WV 26101 - PreOwned
Cascades at Brimfiel - KENT, OH 44240 - PreOwned
Ross Cntr - Tampa, FL 33615 - PreOwned
The Gateway - Grovetown, GA 30813 - PreOwned
Northtowne S/C - Anderson, SC 29621 - PreOwned
Nitro Marketplace - Cross Lanes, WV 25313 - PreOwned
Tri-County Mall - CINCINNATI, OH 45246 - PreOwned
Glenway Crossing - CINCINNATI, OH 45238 - PreOwned
Western Hills Plaza - Cincinnati, OH 45211 - PreOwned
Bridgewater Falls - Hamilton, OH 45011 - PreOwned
Cherokee Crossing - Cullman, AL 35055 - PreOwned
College Central - Murfreesboro, TN 37130 - PreOwned
Park Place - LOUISVILLE, KY 40258 - PreOwned
Plainfield Commons - PLAINFIELD, IN 46168 - PreOwned
Wilshire Plaza - Mishawaka, IN 46545 - PreOwned
Jubilee Square - DAPHNE, AL 36526 - PreOwned
Starkville S/C - Starkville, MS 39759 - PreOwned
Meridian T/C - Meridian, MS 39301 - PreOwned
Corinth Commons - CORINTH, MS 38834 - PreOwned
Mattoon Marketplace - Mattoon, IL 61938 - PreOwned
Deer Trace - Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085 - PreOwned
Witzel Retail Center - Oshkosh, WI 54904 - PreOwned
Prangeway S/C - Appleton, WI 54914 - PreOwned
Lakeside Shoppng Ctr - Metairie, LA 70002 - PreOwned
Eagle Plaza - Ruston, LA 71270 - PreOwned
Rosedale Commons - Roseville, MN 55113 - PreOwned
Mall of America MN - Bloomington, MN 55425 - PreOwned
River City Plaza - Muskogee, OK 74401 - PreOwned
Market Square - Houston, TX 77077 - PreOwned
Uptown Village - Cedar Hill, TX 75104 - PreOwned
Shafer Plaza - Burleson, TX 76028 - PreOwned
Grand Plaza - Amarillo, TX 79103 - PreOwned
Town Center North - Colorado Springs, CO 80922 - PreOwned
SWM Broomfield Cors - Broomfield, CO 80020 - PreOwned
Alamogordo S/C - Alamogordo, NM 88310 - PreOwned
Coors and Central - Albuquerque, NM 87121 - PreOwned
SWM Plaza @ Unser - Rio Rancho, NM 87124 - PreOwned
College Plaza - Santa Fe, NM 87505 - PreOwned
Animas Valley Mall - FARMINGTON, NM 87402 - PreOwned
Tucson Place - Tucson, AZ 85705 - PreOwned
Cache Valley Mall - LOGAN, UT 84341 - PreOwned
Idaho Falls S/C - Idaho Falls, ID 83402 - PreOwned
Centennial Center - LAS VEGAS, NV 89149 - PreOwned
Tropicana & I-215 - Las Vegas, NV 89148 - PreOwned
Santee Trolley - Santee, CA 92071 - PreOwned
Temecula Commons - Temecula, CA 92591 - PreOwned
Oak Grove Crossing - Lake Elsinore, CA 92530 - PreOwned
The Block @ Orange - ORANGE, CA 92868 - PreOwned
Brea Mall - BREA, CA 92821 - PreOwned
Corona - Corona, CA 92882 - PreOwned
Chesterfield Square - Los Angeles, CA 90047 - PreOwned
Eastvale Gateway - Mira Loma, CA 91752 - PreOwned
Eastside Town Center - Lancaster, CA 93535 - PreOwned
Camarillo Town Cente - CAMARILLO, CA 93010 - PreOwned
Sanger Shopping Ctr - Sanger, CA 93657 - PreOwned
Clovis Commons - Clovis, CA 93612 - PreOwned
Universal Park - Fresno, CA 93720 - PreOwned
Central Valley M/P - Ceres, CA 95307 - PreOwned
New Park Mall - Newark, CA 94560 - PreOwned
Union Landing - Union City, CA 94587 - PreOwned
1415 E. 14th Street - SAN LEANDRO, CA 94577 - PreOwned
Vacaville Commons - Vacaville, CA 95687 - PreOwned
Coddingtown Mall - Santa Rosa, CA 95401 - PreOwned
Clackamas S/C - HAPPY VALLEY, OR 97086 - PreOwned
Corvallis Market Ctr - Corvallis, OR 97330 - PreOwned
Burien Plaza - Burien, WA 98166 - PreOwned
Thanks for posting. Picked up a copy of Gravity Rush at Roseville, MN. Disc only copy, but that's ok.

seems weird cuz the other game says Coming Soon on the buy button, I don't remember them ever putting the switch copies on sale though
They also sent an email to their mailing list and said they would announce preorders in early 2018, so it definitely never went up.

Signature Edition is announcing more switch games tomorrow

Ugh I sold job simulator at gamestop for $12 I think last month fuck me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Here's todays GameStop Job Simulator stock report, glad I grabbed it the other day

Stateline Plaza - Plaistow, NH 03865 - NEW
Stonecrest @ Piper - Charlotte, NC 28277 - NEW
Marketplace 411 - Maryville, TN 37801 - PreOwned
SWM Broadway Mktpl - Rochester, MN 55904 - PreOwned
Urbandale Mrktplc - Urbandale, IA 50322 - PreOwned
Kari Beth Crossing - Greenville, TX 75402 - NEW
Sooner Center - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73110 - PreOwned
Roswell Plaza - Roswell, NM 88201 - PreOwned

Signature Edition is announcing more switch games tomorrow

Here's todays GameStop Job Simulator stock report, glad I grabbed it the other day

Stateline Plaza - Plaistow, NH 03865 - NEW
Marketplace 411 - Maryville, TN 37801 - PreOwned
SWM Broadway Mktpl - Rochester, MN 55904 - PreOwned
Urbandale Mrktplc - Urbandale, IA 50322 - PreOwned
Kari Beth Crossing - Greenville, TX 75402 - NEW
Sooner Center - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73110 - PreOwned
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Unfortunately I don't think I ever saw Ohio on this list aside from a single store in Columbus when you first posted it. I hope they reprint this because no one around me has had it in stock.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Unfortunately I don't think I ever saw Ohio on this list aside from a single store in Columbus when you first posted it. I hope they reprint this because no one around me has had it in stock.
Yeah, I got the only pre-owned in town, asked a buddy to get me a new copy in Dallas cuz they had a ton but no luck, the list is getting smaller and smaller unfortunately

Did Syberia get a US physical release on Switch, or is it only physical in other regions?

Updated Job Simulator list:

SWM Greensport - Hudson, NY 12534 - PreOwned
Collins Square - Virginia Beach, VA 23452 - PreOwned
Volusia Mall - DAYTONA BEACH, FL 32114 - PreOwned
Village @ Whitehall - Charlotte, NC 28273 - PreOwned
Village @ Whitehall - Charlotte, NC 28273 - NEW
SWM Wilkes Plaza - Wilkesboro, NC 28697 - PreOwned
Robinson Town Centre - PITTSBURGH, PA 15205 - PreOwned
SWM Sylva Shops - Sylva, NC 28779 - PreOwned
Ohio Plaza Shopping - MILWAUKEE, WI 53215 - PreOwned
Prospect Commons - Champaign, IL 61822 - PreOwned
Market. Rolling Mead - ROLLING MEADOWS, IL 60008 - PreOwned
East Towne Mall - MADISON, WI 53704 - NEW
Waxahachie Rtail Ctr - Waxahachie, TX 75165 - PreOwned
Derby Marketplace - Derby, KS 67037 - PreOwned
Media City Center - BURBANK, CA 91502 - PreOwned
Platt Village Shppng - WEST HILLS, CA 91307 - PreOwned

Would Signature Games work on a North American Nintendo Switch? Do I have to create a separate account or anything?

Would Signature Games work on a North American Nintendo Switch? Do I have to create a separate account or anything?
They should be fine. I've never had issues playing games from other regions on my normal account. Same goes for online play and patch downloads. I think the only thing you'd need a different account for is accessing different regional eShops.

So far no physical carts are region locked. Your only concern should be if they include a language you speak.

I'd say it's a fair bet that any Signature Edition games will be in English at a minimum due to their location.

bread's done
Back