Indievania is having a promotional sale

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
I did not see this posted, so I'd though I'd share. Apologies if I did miss the original thread. There are several games here with promotional prices ($1-$2):

Cardinal Quest
Wizorb
BEEP
Siwft*Stitch
Climb to the Top of the Castle
Inside a Star-filled Sky
Dragons vs Spaceships
Defy Gravity Extended
Metal Dead
Milkstone studios bundle
Blocks that Matter

http://www.indievania.com/

Got defy gravity extended as i really enjoyed the original. Thanks op!
sad.jpg

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Interested in Wizorb, too bad I can't seem to get the Mac version from this site. I'll probably end up getting it later somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I bought it on XBLA for $3 and was quite happy with that! $1 price point makes this deal pretty sweet!

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, I take it none of these are Steam keys?[/QUOTE]
This site is specifically set up as an alternative to Steam. All purchases are for DRM-free downloads, and the site itself doesn't take a cut of purchases, you instead pay the developer directly through their Paypal account.

I know the developer of Octopede will give you a Desura key if you pay over $2.99 for the game (which is pay-what-you-want with a $1 minimum on the site):
http://www.indievania.com/games/octopede

Just noticed this blog post on their site:

http://www.indievania.com/blog/indievania-launch-sale
Indievania is an online game marketplace for independent developers to sell their games directly to players. Unlike any other game distributor 100% of the cost of the game goes to the developer. Customers can purchase games directly from the developers own merchant account, supporting the original developers and helping fund further development. We currently have over 200 indie games on the site, all DRM-free!

To celebrate our launch out of beta we are holding a number of promotions for the next few weeks. All sales below will only run this week! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or subscribe to our mailing list here to be notified of future promotions.

So expect the games on sale to change weekly for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the link. Picked up Wizorb, Climb to the Top of the Castle and Cardinal Quest. Played the first two and they are fantastic.

Don't get the "No Steam, no buy" attitude; you can just add it to your list of Steam games as a non-Steam game and still have access to the program for chat and web browsing.

[quote name='manyT']no steam, no buy[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Wheeliedude']if not Steam, then at least Desura.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this. I would prefer Steam, could live with Desura, but I'm sorry I just can't keep track of a bunch of games installed (or not installed) willy nilly without any sort of home base to manage them, let you know when there are updates, and let you know they are there in the first place.

Plus I would like knowing that if Joe Indie decided to pack it up and shut all operations down I still have some sever I can download my game again from if I ever need to.

The "No Steam, No Buy" mentality blows me away. Makes me wonder how these people would have made it before Steam was created.

On topic, picked up the Milkstone studios bundle. Looked interesting for just a buck.

[quote name='cycophuk']The "No Steam, No Buy" mentality blows me away. Makes me wonder how these people would have made it before Steam was created.

On topic, picked up the Milkstone studios bundle. Looked interesting for just a buck.[/QUOTE]

I get it. Steam has got me to buy game I. Lieu of pirating.

Thanks OP. I love Steam as much as anyone, but I also don't mind a few wild ducks as long as they fly in formation.

i love that it's drm free. and directly supporting devs w/out a middleman is great... and steam is basically drm, but having everything in one place is just so much damn easier. plus all the other little things that steam provides. yes, i am hooked for better or worse now.

[quote name='dark-star']Thanks OP. I love Steam as much as anyone, but I also don't mind a few wild ducks as long as they fly in formation.[/QUOTE]

^This is the greatest post in the longest ever. :D

I'm the same way. I love Steam too but a game not being Steampowered doesn't necessarily prevent me from enjoying a good game or good deal for a game I really want.

[quote name='dark-star']Thanks OP. I love Steam as much as anyone, but I also don't mind a few wild ducks as long as they fly in formation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']^This is the greatest post in the longest ever. :D[/QUOTE]

I also enjoyed that post. ;)

Gonna check out Wizorb.

I urge everyone to check out Crystal Hunters as well. It's a great game made by a buddy of mine and it's pay what you want (starting at $1). I think a lot of you guys would like it and if they make $500, they'll release "free" DLC. Of course, you could wait for the XBLA Indie version, but I don't know when that's going live.

Sorry for the semi-spam, but I figured it'd be okay because it's relevant and I genuinely think it's a good (and challenging) game.

Awesome...even if you just try out the demo, at least it's a step in the right direction. And I've gotta say: that review almost convinced me to not bother with Wizorb. I know it directly conflicts with the reviewer's goal, but in trying to make this game seem different from all of the other Breakout-type games, it made it sound just like them. It merely gave me the impression that you can shoot a fireball to get rid of annoying bricks, which I've seen in most of these games. But because I went through the trouble of reading that whole thing, I checked out a trailer and I will now be purchasing Wizorb.

I think the real takeaway is supposed to be that Wizorb is well thought-out in a way that Breakout-style games haven't been since, like, Breakout. But anyhoo, I'm enjoying the Wizorb, and I do think I'll grab Crystal Hunters.

SO uh, maybe I'm blind, but how do you buy multiple games at once? I don't see an add to cart option, and I can click Buy to get one game in there, but there's no continue shopping thing, and if I close it out whatever's in there gets booted.

[quote name='mokmoof']I think the real takeaway is supposed to be that Wizorb is well thought-out in a way that Breakout-style games haven't been since, like, Breakout.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got that that's what the review was trying to get across, but it basically had the opposite effect for me. But hey, it all worked out in the end.

[quote name='Corpekata']SO uh, maybe I'm blind, but how do you buy multiple games at once? I don't see an add to cart option, and I can click Buy to get one game in there, but there's no continue shopping thing, and if I close it out whatever's in there gets booted.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can, when you buy a game it goes directly to the developer's paypal account so it's a separate transaction for each game.

[quote name='mokmoof']I think the real takeaway is supposed to be that Wizorb is well thought-out in a way that Breakout-style games haven't been since, like, Breakout. But anyhoo, I'm enjoying the Wizorb, and I do think I'll grab Crystal Hunters.[/QUOTE]

Like Pinball Quest was to pinball, sure wish we'd see more of these. Excellent games.

bread's done
Back