Indy 500 Racing - Wii $19.99

It's too bad this isn't the Sega arcade game. We never got a home port of that. At least, I don't think we did :p\

Has anyone played this? The racing games for the Wii have been underwhelming so far, but the price makes it tempting to me.

I'm really split on it. It has the most AMAZINGLY tight controls you can imagine. Put it this way; it only controls via wiimote tilt. That's it. And it feels as tight as a joystick control. The damage models, the number of cars and excellent split screen play... everything is awesome.

The game *totally* falls flat on the depth, though. There's one track. That's it. One track. There's different "ages" of the track, depending on the year you play.

It's an AMAZING engine and I can't wait for them to do another indy racing game... but they forgot to add content! :/

Well, yeah, there's one track. That's the whole point. It's supposed to be a historical game based on the Indy 500. It was never supposed to be anything other than a racer focusing on this one race through the 60s.

I really wanted this game to be good. (Huge Indy 500 fan.) The concept is cool (you race famous events from races of the 60s) but the execution is tragically flawed. The control is ass, the game is rough around the edges and the whole thing feels like they started out with a budget and got bumped to budget title about half way through. I picked this up for $20 at Gamestop or FYE (can't remember) and have been trying to unload it ever since. I can't think of any reason to buy this at any price unless you are a huge Indy 500 nut or really hard up for a Wii racer.

bread's done
Back