Infamous 2 Hero edition - 59.99$ + free shipping code-- Gamestop Online + BM

Heads up stores are getting shipments of the hero edition today. I stopped by GS this morning to cancel a preorder and asked about the game, they didn't have any. About an hour later I got a call from the guy at GS saying they just got 2 in and he was holding one for me. Went by and picked it up a few minutes ago. So it might help to check in store today if you are looking for a copy.

[quote name='darkskill']I got one in store $65 no problem. The thing is that I ordered from gamestop.com last night not knowing that it was in store too. Now they say I cant cancel my order even though it says "open" on the order status. So I guess I'll have an extra one. I was able to cancel my PCRichards order though, but we'll see how long it takes them to get my money back to me.[/QUOTE]

Apologies, but I checked in store yesterday before ordering mine online and making this post. Manager said they may have a sale soon but was not sure. Anyways they gave me same crap when i tried to cancel the order.

However, it should be possible to take your original package and packaging slip to local gamestop store and ask for refund....Can someone please confirm this?

Was hoping for Amazon PM to use my credits, but since it's only being sold by 3rd parties, I caved in and bought a copy on GS. Bought as a guest, used VSHIP, and got free shipping. Although when I first typed in the code and it said it expired in May, the free shipping showed up at the final page of checkout.

Damn it....Does anyone know if you get promotional game credit back if you make a return on Amazon? Probably not huh...

[quote name='poop69']Damn it....Does anyone know if you get promotional game credit back if you make a return on Amazon? Probably not huh...[/QUOTE]

Are you asking if you can trade it in? If so its a YMMV thing. Some people got though (like I did with move heroes) and other times they will reject it.

[quote name='admiralvic']Are you asking if you can trade it in? If so its a YMMV thing. Some people got though (like I did with move heroes) and other times they will reject it.[/QUOTE]

oh sorry I meant an actual return/refund. I bought this full price on Amazon and I used $30 pre-order credit from other games. Was going to buy at GS then return it to Amazon to get a refund, but was wondering if those $30 pre-order credit will come back to me.

[quote name='poop69']oh sorry I meant an actual return/refund. I bought this full price on Amazon and I used $30 pre-order credit from other games. Was going to buy at GS then return it to Amazon to get a refund, but was wondering if those $30 pre-order credit will come back to me.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why they wouldn't. I would contact Amazon and explain that you used the promotional credit to lower the value. Amazon should give you the credit back no problem.

Here is a way to get the Hero Edition for an $8 upgrade IF you have the vanilla version.

Trade in the vanilla version to Best Buy for $35 with 40% promo. Buy Kinect sports and Dance Central for $39.99 plus tax. Trade both to Gamestop for $63(40 + 10% promo) credit and pick up in-store or order online.

Or you can buy both of those Kinect games for $40 plus tax and trade them in to Gamestop and basically pay $40 for the Hero edition.

Dance Central is $20 base and Kinect Sports is $22 base still as of today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boogie4114']Here is a way to get the Hero Edition for an $8 upgrade IF you have the vanilla version.

Trade in the vanilla version to Best Buy for $35 with 40% promo. Buy Kinect sports and Dance Central for $39.99 plus tax. Trade both to Gamestop for $63(40 + 10% promo) credit and pick up in-store or order online.

Dance Central is $20 base and Kinect Sports is $22 base still as of today.[/QUOTE]

very good., i will do this after work.

i may be in a complicated situation but i placed a preorder towards UC3 because it was an extra 40% trade in if you trade in your games towards it. is it possible for me to cancel it and use it on this?

[quote name='david12795']very although i dont wanna fork out $60 but thats just me.[/QUOTE]

Well you can buy both of those Kinect games for $40 plus tax and trade them in for the Hero edition at Gamestop.

[quote name='boogie4114']Well you can buy both of those Kinect games for $40 plus tax and trade them in for the Hero edition at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

i just reread your post. can i buy the kinect games at gamestop?

[quote name='david12795']i just reread your post. can i buy the kinect games at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

No at Bestbuy because theres a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on select Kinect games and those 2 games are what people are flipping at Gamestop with the 40 + 10% promo because they currently have the most value.

[quote name='boogie4114']No at Bestbuy because theres a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on select Kinect games and those 2 games are what people are flipping at Gamestop with the 40 + 10% promo because they currently have the most value.[/QUOTE]

ah ok thanks! will consider doing that!

[quote name='david12795']ah ok thanks! will consider doing that![/QUOTE]

Well I would do it ASAP because the Kinect sale ends tomorrow and the trade-in values and a chance of finding it in-store and online could decrease.

[quote name='rodieremix']Did you just put it in the "promotional code" field? I don't see anywhere else it could be input.[/QUOTE]

This is probably a moot point since it's in stores anyhow, but just add it to the promotional code and it should work. You may need to go to just before final checkout to confirm, but it should show before buying.

[quote name='boogie4114']Here is a way to get the Hero Edition for an $8 upgrade IF you have the vanilla version.

Or you can buy both of those Kinect games for $40 plus tax and trade them in to Gamestop and basically pay $40 for the Hero edition.

Dance Central is $20 base and Kinect Sports is $22 base still as of today.[/QUOTE]

whats the 40% promo from? all i see is 40% for a preorder of ncaa football

[quote name='themightypencil']whats the 40% promo from? all i see is 40% for a preorder of ncaa football[/QUOTE]

Some people have been able to get the 40% promo without pre-ordering it. But if they make u pre-order if just pay the $5 and go to customer service and get a refund back.

I am a bit confuse here. How to get trade in of $63 @ gamestop with $22 for Kinect sports and $20 for Dance Central even with 10% on top?

[quote name='goengland']I am a bit confuse here. How to get trade in of $63 @ gamestop with $22 for Kinect sports and $20 for Dance Central even with 10% on top?[/QUOTE]

The 40% coupon you can print out from the Gamestop trade in thread that ends on 7/31.

[quote name='mrman1980']looks like they started this in store today, updated the OP. Also bestbuy is offering the same price now...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't show on BestBuy.com yet, but I was able to PM in store earlier this morning. Burlington, MA is usually awesome with PM'ing, never any hassle.

Was able to PM at Best Buy. Any idea if I will have trouble returning it Sunday and having it used as one of the 2 games for the b2g1 free sale?

hmmm. If best buy price matches maybe Ill try to get this with the NCAA Football on Tuesday and a 3rd game. Maybe Killzone 3 Helghast Edition. And then return the Hero Edition from BEst buy to GAmestop (bought one there this morning) and just put it on Battlefield 3 , Uncharted 3, or Skyrim. hmmmm

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Was hoping for Amazon PM to use my credits, but since it's only being sold by 3rd parties, I caved in and bought a copy on GS. Bought as a guest, used VSHIP, and got free shipping. Although when I first typed in the code and it said it expired in May, the free shipping showed up at the final page of checkout.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! And here I am looking all over for a new code. Thanks for posting this - I will continue to final checkout then!

Edit: Though I am on the final page now where you enter payment and select "Submit" and it says this at the bottom:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:VSHIP - Free value shipping on in-stock orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles and pre orders. Expires 5/31.

I wonder if this has been "corrected" since the earlier purchases...

Edit #2: Yeah, went all the way to final checkout and no discount. So I had to pay $2.99 for shipping. The thing is, I had a $10 online-only coupon to use, so I wanted to burn that. So I guess it turned into a $7 coupon instead - oh well...

[quote name='poop69']Damn it....Does anyone know if you get promotional game credit back if you make a return on Amazon? Probably not huh...[/QUOTE]
no. well sort of...

I had to to chat and speak with a representative.
I told him that the Promotional Credit was Credit given to me when I bought a video game.
He told me it was a "coupon" and discounts by coupons are obviously not given back to the consumer

At the end of the day, they gave my Credit back.

Make sure you chat with them cause, by default, in the email you will be refunded for credit card or gift card payments.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O'] Maybe Killzone 3 Helghast Edition.[/QUOTE]

The price goes back up when the b2g1 free starts

*psst*
Hey
you...
yeah you..
See that cat over there? well that is a mod.

Big brother is watching us..
keep quiet and pretend we are having fun..

I went and picked up the last copy at a gamestop next to me. (Still sealed, not a gut or anything). The guy working was pissed, because he was going to buy it.

I had to go to a couple of stores before getting the last one in the store.

For those that PM at Best Buy, did you bring a printout from the GS website? Just curious.

Wowza.

It doesn't seem like this was as mass-produced as Killzone 3 Helghast Edition (despite being a better game, IMO), so I'm not sure if waiting for a bigger drop can work out.

[quote name='boogie4114']Why did my posts get deleted?

All I did was give advice on a way to make the game that is part of this discussion CHEAPer?[/QUOTE]

I was lookin for your TIP! DONT DELETE YOU mother father.

can you re make for cags? please

[quote name='nate nanjo']i went and picked up the last copy at a gamestop next to me. (still sealed, not a gut or anything). The guy working was pissed, because he was going to buy it.[/quote]

boo-friggin-hooo

Picked up the last copy from my local Gamestop. Returned the sealed copy I hadn't opened at Best Buy. Free upgrade to Hero Edition. :)

Any predictions on the value of this? Think it'll be one that retains (or grows) in value, or plummets like a lot of the big releases (halo, killzone, dead space, etc.)

[quote name='cRodz']*psst*
Hey
you...
yeah you..
See that cat over there? well that is a mod.

Big brother is watching us..
keep quiet and pretend we are having fun..[/QUOTE]

I didn't delete anything but I see there are a lot of deleted posts in this thread. They were probably off-topic.

[quote name='io']I didn't delete anything but I see there are a lot of deleted posts in this thread. They were probably off-topic.[/QUOTE]

Well all I mentioned was to either trade Infamous 2 vanilla version to Best Buy for $35 and to get Dance Central and Kinect Sports to trade at Gamestop for an $8 upgrade for the Hero Edition or to just buy the 2 games for $39.99 themselves but if it's a problem then delete this post as well.

[quote name='Armads']Picked up the last copy from my local Gamestop. Returned the sealed copy I hadn't opened at Best Buy. Free upgrade to Hero Edition. :)

Any predictions on the value of this? Think it'll be one that retains (or grows) in value, or plummets like a lot of the big releases (halo, killzone, dead space, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Im guessing it will stay the same. inFAMOUS 2 didnt seem to have as many CE's created (similar to LBP); I mean Amazon lacks them. Very few bestbuys had them, only 3 gamestops in 20 miles of me had them.

[quote name='bigbabyaggie99']I had to go to a couple of stores before getting the last one in the store.

For those that PM at Best Buy, did you bring a printout from the GS website? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I took a screencap of GS's page for inFamous 2 Hero Edition, including today's date in the lower corner of the screen. They didn't even inquire if it was an online only deal, it was accepted with no question.

[quote name='boogie4114']Well all I mentioned was to either trade Infamous 2 vanilla version to Best Buy for $35 and to get Dance Central and Kinect Sports to trade at Gamestop for an $8 upgrade for the Hero Edition or to just buy the 2 games for $39.99 themselves but if it's a problem then delete this post as well.[/QUOTE]

I have stupit question. extra 40% trade when u pre-order etc....

how much do i have to pay for pre-order? I just want extra 40% ..

bread's done
Back