Infamous 2 Hero edition - 59.99$ + free shipping code-- Gamestop Online + BM

In for 1, had a ton of GS credit and Infamous 2 looked fantastic. Now I just need to wrap up infamous 1 before jumping in to the sequel.

I got the only copy when Gamestop opened this morning.

The guy at the counter said there had been an older guy in there at least two times yesterday debating on whether or not to get this for his son. They even had it behind the counter for him for awhile.

Oh well, his loss.

Called 2 Gamestops and the 1st one said only 1 in stock for $99.99 and the 2nd had 2 on sale for $59.99. The employee was willing to hold it for me as well. In for 1.

[quote name='mrman1980']thanks for the answer so to clarify just like any dlc map pack...once its downloaded via an account on my ps3 the other account used by my cousin on the same ps3 can also access it right?[/QUOTE]

yes...

[quote name='Barkwhip']If any of you have been waiting for an Amazon price match, they now have it in stock again. Everyone please pitch in and submit this price to Amazon to help those who want them to price match.[/QUOTE]

That is interesting. I thought since Amazon was out of stock they just didn't order many or the Hero Edition wasn't as heavily produced. But now I'm wondering if I could hold for it to be cheaper than $59.99 even though I broke on the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition. Decisions decisions...

Well i bit the bullet and picked one up @ GS. I love it how they always harass me for pre-orders. Told them, if you offer $20 coupons or gift cards, I'll consider. :lol:

[quote name='slcgamer']so the supervoucher is useless to me if i dont have internet on my ps3?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, yes, so is all the other vouchers and the codes. Besides, to redeem them, you need a PSN account...

[quote name='slcgamer']i have wireless at&t on my laptop just not for any of my game systems[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad the super voucher doesn't really give you anything you would go OMG MUST HAVE. Most of it is just skins for items or a slightly different skill thats not amazing.

[quote name='slcgamer']i have wireless at&t on my laptop just not for any of my game systems[/QUOTE]

Set your laptop as access point, think that might work, and get your PS3 online, that is if you want to. PS3 have built in wireless, but I am sure you already know that.

BTW - only one local store was showing stock of this for me yesterday... Today ALL of the local stores are showing stock. I called my good GS and he verified stock... So if you were looking for this and couldn't get it locally, check the stock again :)

I picked it up for about $28 out of pocket after trading two games in. I had to order it online with my credit though.
Statesboro,GA gamestop is completely out of stock of the hero edition.

[quote name='imacgod']That is interesting. I thought since Amazon was out of stock they just didn't order many or the Hero Edition wasn't as heavily produced. But now I'm wondering if I could hold for it to be cheaper than $59.99 even though I broke on the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition. Decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

ive seen stacks and stacks of the kz3 bundle since its release (especially in best buy)...i think the infamous 2 hero edition is on its last life, i don't think there will be many to go around at retailers in the near future...i'd say if you are on the fence, snag it while you can

even after all of these helghast edition sales (theres been about 2 or 3 for most retailers), they still have them on the shelves...talk about being mass produced - i saw around 10 at my local best buy back on thursday

tldr = if you want the hero edition, buy it now...it won't be around for long

[quote name='proKoyeon']ive seen stacks and stacks of the kz3 bundle since its release (especially in best buy)...i think the infamous 2 hero edition is on its last life, i don't think there will be many to go around at retailers in the near future...i'd say if you are on the fence, snag it while you can

even after all of these helghast edition sales (theres been about 2 or 3 for most retailers), they still have them on the shelves...talk about being mass produced - i saw around 10 at my local best buy back on thursday

tldr = if you want the hero edition, buy it now...it won't be around for long[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing a few pages back. inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition reminds me of the LBP 2 CE since did those even MAKE it to clearance? I believe I only saw 4 hero editions total, but I've seen 40 ACBH and 60 Helghast editions. I dont think this will drop much further, but at the same time the trade in is STILL high. Killzone 3 dropped to 18 at gamestop and 27 at amazon. I mean its not the same turn around Infamous 2 has (you could platinum/be bored of it in 3 days).

[quote name='EarthKing']When does GS update their system?...I bought min yesterday afternoon and still says pending as the status[/QUOTE]

The system updates whenever the item is shipped. Items go from Verifying (ensuring payment method works), to pending (preparing to be shipped), to shipped. Today is Saturday and things are rarely if ever shipped on Sat from GS, so your item more then likely won't ship till Monday, but it may ship today but you'll know for sure later in the day.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The system updates whenever the item is shipped. Items go from Verifying (ensuring payment method works), to pending (preparing to be shipped), to shipped. Today is Saturday and things are rarely if ever shipped on Sat from GS, so your item more then likely won't ship till Monday, but it may ship today but you'll know for sure later in the day.[/QUOTE]

Thanx :)

All my gamestops show stock today. Yesterday only 1 had it in stock. They must have a ton of these to go around, though glad I picked up one yesterday.

[quote name='hlb96']All my gamestops show stock today. Yesterday only 1 had it in stock. They must have a ton of these to go around, though glad I picked up one yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yep, magically restocked at all my local Gamestops also

Copped mine at Westfield mall. Guy first said some bs about not being able to sell it because they were for pre orders. I lol'd and so did the manager. He said it was ok to sell. The clerk then basically had an orgasm once the price rang up on sale. :lol:

Got one in store today. Asked the clerk if they had one, his first reaction was no I'm pretty sure we don't. I told him the website locator had indicated they were in stock at this location, could you just check. He looks on the computer and was suprised when it told him there were 2 in the back. He said 'they were pre-orders, but since they haven't been picked up, I'll go grab one for you.' :D

It looks like nearly every store got 2 sent to them just before the price drop. So this "preorder" stuff is just nonsense ;). I went to my local store last night and they said they just got them in yesterday. But it sold out quickly around here - store locator shows fewer stores than yesterday.

For the people that already bought this recently at BB and opened it- If you still have your receipt you can still PM within 30 days of buying the game. Just show them the ad and your receipt and you'll get the difference back. I do it all the time and always hold on to the receipt for at least 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine a couple hours ago. The manager who was a girl btw told me it was very good deal for this kind of limited edition. I was very happy with my buy. Now the real question should i open it or not ?? XD

[quote name='Raye']Used up the last I had of my Gamestop trade credit to get this. What a relief. Now I don't have to feel obligated to shop with them.[/QUOTE]

Next time just send me your gift card. Problem solved! or

If GameStop is that "bad" then don't trade your games there and you will not feel obligated to shop with them. :roll: or

If someone gave you a gift card, then give it somebody who really wants to use it without feeling obligated to shop with them.

I think I made my point clear. :lol:

Bought one online yesterday. Wasn't going to play it til it dropped to $20 or so, but GF wanted the bag, which was going for $50 on ebay anyways =P

Went into the store and got the deal, the guy was surprised and then did his 15 min talk of rewards, COD preorder, blah, blah, blah. I still have $160 of credit left from trading in my 360 but I'll use it up when they offer free shipping once all the big games come out, man I hate shopping there.
It's not a pleasant experience when all you want to do is buy a game and feel as if you're in a time share presentation.

I love my GS. They held my copy for me. I walked in, traded 4 games, shot the shit with the clerk for a few minutes, rang up Infamous and walked back out...

Thanks for the information! Went to two different Gamestop locations with no luck. Found it at the third. Funny since when I called the third Gamestop they said they were all out of stock, but had two sitting on the counter... So when I asked to purchase one I heard the lady who I spoke to on the phone say, "Oh, someone called about those, I didn't know they were in stock so I told him we weren't..." I then responded that I was in fact the one who called xD Lucky, I decided to stop by anyways.

Grabbed the last one , it seems it was sitting there a long time ago because it was dusty , but i don't care i have it, yeess.

Thanks for the find, picked up the last copy of this version at my local Gamestop, and traded in a few games and grabbed this for 10 bucks. Thanks again!

Thanks a bunch OP. Great deal. Used a B2G1 earlier with used Infamous 2 included. They let me swap the used Infamous 2 for a Hero edition and it cost me $10.50. Tonnes in stock in my area thankfully.

If anyone's on the fence, I like the CE contents. The bag is real cool, but I was a sucker for the Mirror's Edge bag too. Statues don't do it for me, but it's kinda cool. Haven't tried out the DLC yet. Comic and soundtrack are cool; decent score, not up to RPG standards, naturally, but decent. Definitely a no-brainer if you were going to play the game anyway.

Got mine yesterday from the local Gamestop, it was their last one. Thanks OP!

Now I will try and sell the bag since that is the only piece of the Hero Edition I don't really care to own.

bread's done
Back