inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition Preorder $99.99 at Amazon

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/inFAMOUS-2-Hero-Playstation-3/dp/B004LWQ2TQ/ref=amb_link_355376122_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=0X2KBHT056SG0V8PQ5AY&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1288980142&pf_rd_i=infamous%202

51qEZEk4PkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='nnickers']May I
suck
rotten
pickles
?[/QUOTE]

Sure, if that's what you're into.

That statue is pretty weak though. Would it have killed them to throw in some lightning?

Oofa..$100, I'm gonna have to think about this one. If it was $80 like the AC2: Master Assassin edition I'd be in, but $100 is taking it a little too far.

[quote name='youngavatar']I will wait a couple of months when it on sale for $40.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this one has Best Buy clearance written all over it.

I wonder if there will be a Villain version.

[quote name='SCDallas']Why is there a Sly Cooper bag in there?[/QUOTE]

It's a patch, a nod to the studio's other game.

It's not a Sly Cooper bag, it's the bag Cole wears in the game. It has a Sly patch on it (both the real bag & the one in-game) because Sucker Punch (the inFamous devs) also made Sly.

No offense but Cole is by far one of the most boring character designs in modern videogames, the game itself may be fun, but I can't understand how anyone would want a statue of him. Right up there with the bust in the Witcher 2 and Duke Nukem SE's IMO

Maybe we should just have a Collector's edition thread. It could be updated with the latest ones and such. I think it'll cut down on all the MSRP bitching from all the individual threads.

I thought InFamous was a great game and am excited for InF2 but seriously, the prices on these SEs are ridiculous. This set seems more befitting of a $80 price tag.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Maybe we should just have a Collector's edition thread. It could be updated with the latest ones and such. I think it'll cut down on all the MSRP bitching from all the individual threads.[/QUOTE]

This is a very good idea... I'm getting sick of all of these MSRP SE threads because it seems like every game these days has some kind of a SE.

I'm sort of disappointed that the price point for these randomly named editions has become $100. I'm not disappointed that they are always over produced and can be found much cheaper if one waits it out.

Most collectors editions w/ statues/action figures are at least $80. Adding another $20 for the backpack seams reasonable... especially if the backpack isn't junk.

Damn I loved inFamous and I'm planning on getting the 2nd one. Thought I might wait out a cheap price drop but I'm a total sucker for SEs. Might just bite and preorder it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Maybe we should just have a Collector's edition thread. It could be updated with the latest ones and such. I think it'll cut down on all the MSRP bitching from all the individual threads.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, too--anything that cuts down on the amount of bored people bitching is ok in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AwRy108']I agree with this, too--anything that cuts down on the amount of people bored people bitching is ok in my book.[/QUOTE]

I agree as well

this was a no-brainer for me. When I first heard about the hero edition weeks ago (when it was leaked by Amazon) I thought it would be more like $120. For the price, the statue looks to be of pretty high quality and the messenger bag looks awesome. Can't wait!

Probably going to pass for now. I feel that this franchise isint a blockbuster. Should drop like say Resistance 2 ce did. Also curious why this thread is surviving and Duke's Balls of Steal got blocked. I think they have a place on the forum.

As much as I loved inFamous, can't really say they're justifying a $99.99 price tag with what they're including. Definitely seems more like an $80 SE.

Love the first one, can't wait for the second. However, I can wait for a cheaper price. As there is no online for this game (for which I am very grateful due to the typical half a game approach for most on + offline games) there is no need to get the game early to enjoy the online rush. I can wait it out and save some mulah.

Also, for $100 it better come with a second game. I don't need statues or swag to fill up my shelf space, I want games to enjoy. Not saying statues are crappy, just saying most of us buy games for the playing experience not the set it on a shelf and look at it experience.

[quote name='drhodes4']Love the first one, can't wait for the second. However, I can wait for a cheaper price. As there is no online for this game (for which I am very grateful due to the typical half a game approach for most on + offline games) there is no need to get the game early to enjoy the online rush. I can wait it out and save some mulah.

Also, for $100 it better come with a second game. I don't need statues or swag to fill up my shelf space, I want games to enjoy. Not saying statues are crappy, just saying most of us buy games for the playing experience not the set it on a shelf and look at it experience.[/QUOTE]

I would think most people in a Collector's edition thread would be interested in the statues/swag.

[quote name='etcrane']No offense but Cole is by far one of the most boring character designs in modern videogames, the game itself may be fun, but I can't understand how anyone would want a statue of him. Right up there with the bust in the Witcher 2 and Duke Nukem SE's IMO[/QUOTE]

that Duke Nukem bust is epic

I will be importing this from Europe, purely based on the fact the cover is so much better:

infamous2eucover1.jpg

Also in Europe, not only do they have the regular and Hero editions, they have the inbetween special editions, with the HD 3D lenticular cover. I will be getting the "Evil Cole" version ^^.

infamous2eucover2.jpg
infamous2eucover3.jpg

It also includes:

Electrocution Grenade limited edition power
Original Cole Skin
Golden Amp

infamous2eucover4.jpg

[quote name='cadeSILVER']I think $100 is fair considering you get two real-world items that look to be of pretty good quality.[/QUOTE]

Sure, those two real world items may appear to be of pretty good quality, but what about their utility? I guess if you're in the market for a hobo bag and an ugly little statue...

I'm torn - on the one hand, I'm a big inFamous fan & that stuff looks pretty cool. On the other, I preordered the standard game from Amazon a while back when it popped up in my gold box, so I have it for around $55 right now and you KNOW they'll most likely add a preorder credit - so the difference in price for me will be a lot more than $40.

I'd like to see the house of the person who actually buys and displays all of this crap. I'm not sure who these developers/publishers think their market it, but I find it odd that these CE's are marketed towards an older crowd by default based on price alone yet they include so many little figures lately.

I loved the first inFamous game and already have inFamous 2 pre-ordered, but I am sorry this CE is not worth $100. Everyone who says that it is because it comes with two real world items has a point, but look at other CEs in the past.

LBP2CE=$80. Came with Sackboy and two nice game ends as well as DLC
RE5CE=$80. Came with little Chris statue, messenger bag, necklace, patch, and steelbook

Both of those are of equal material value but cost $20 less.

Reminds me of Resistance 2 CE and God of War 3 UE that can be had on the cheap months later (although they were day 1 purchase for me :whistle2:().

I'd be interested to see how the Killzone 3 Helghast Ed and this one go. Some fairy keeps telling me not to get them on day 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had they not effed up Cole's design by going back to bald space marine with a crappy yellow shirt I might have been interested in getting this.

[quote name='Ratfoot']Had they not effed up Cole's design by going back to bald space marine with a crappy yellow shirt I might have been interested in getting this.[/QUOTE]

the majority of people wanted this change...

You can't please everyone. Perhaps they should have had a customizable character from the start to shut the whiners up

bread's done
Back