inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition Preorder $99.99 at Amazon

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/inFAMOUS-2-Hero-Playstation-3/dp/B004LWQ2TQ/ref=amb_link_355376122_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=0X2KBHT056SG0V8PQ5AY&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1288980142&pf_rd_i=infamous%202

51qEZEk4PkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I loved the first inFamous game and already have inFamous 2 pre-ordered, but I am sorry this CE is not worth $100. Everyone who says that it is because it comes with two real world items has a point, but look at other CEs in the past.

LBP2CE=$80. Came with Sackboy and two nice game ends as well as DLC
RE5CE=$80. Came with little Chris statue, messenger bag, necklace, patch, and steelbook

Both of those are of equal material value but cost $20 less.[/QUOTE]

the LBP2CE book ends quality is a joke after I saw the Mortal Kombat Kollector edition book ends.

RE5CE figurines also looks like the toys from happy meal. The Resistance 2 CE figurines looks better quality than RE5 figurines.

But for some reason, this hero edition reminds me of DC universe online CE....

[quote name='Ratfoot']Had they not effed up Cole's design by going back to bald space marine with a crappy yellow shirt I might have been interested in getting this.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I cant believe how many people wanted the same looking generic Cole...as if hair is really going to destroy the character.

I'm still buying the game day 1, though.

[quote name='Astroranagun']the LBP2CE book ends quality is a joke after I saw the Mortal Kombat Kollector edition book ends.

RE5CE figurines also looks like the toys from happy meal. The Resistance 2 CE figurines looks better quality than RE5 figurines.

But for some reason, this hero edition reminds me of DC universe online CE....[/QUOTE]

The book ends fit the theme of LBP perfectly and they are really good quality for anyone who actually takes a moment to look at them. The MK is $100 and it comes with the bookends and a cheapy art book so don't compare it to LBP2CE when it was $20 less and came with more.

The Resistance 2 CE was an actual figure if I remember correctly that had some moving joints as well as I believe it was a Bullseye weapon as well. The RE5CE is a better comparison because inFamous 2 is not a figure, but is a statue similar to the quality that the RE5CE figure is (based on what I can tell). Plus the Resistance 2 set was $80, granted it didn't come with the backpack/messenger bag, but it did come with an art book and DLC so again...$20 more you get items that are comparable to the inFamous 2 CE.

I'm not saying the inFamous 2 CE is bad or anything, I just feel that it's $20 too much.

My other point was...both the LBP2 and RE5 collector editions come with just as much if not more then the inFamous 2 CE and they both cost $20 less.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']No kidding, I cant believe how many people wanted the same looking generic Cole...as if hair is really going to destroy the character.

I'm still buying the game day 1, though.[/QUOTE]

The new look just killed the badass vibe of original Cole. The new design made him look like a european soccer player.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The book ends fit the theme of LBP perfectly and they are really good quality for anyone who actually takes a moment to look at them. The MK is $100 and it comes with the bookends and a cheapy art book so don't compare it to LBP2CE when it was $20 less and came with more.

The Resistance 2 CE was an actual figure if I remember correctly that had some moving joints as well as I believe it was a Bullseye weapon as well. The RE5CE is a better comparison because inFamous 2 is not a figure, but is a statue similar to the quality that the RE5CE figure is (based on what I can tell). Plus the Resistance 2 set was $80, granted it didn't come with the backpack/messenger bag, but it did come with an art book and DLC so again...$20 more you get items that are comparable to the inFamous 2 CE.

I'm not saying the inFamous 2 CE is bad or anything, I just feel that it's $20 too much.

My other point was...both the LBP2 and RE5 collector editions come with just as much if not more then the inFamous 2 CE and they both cost $20 less.[/QUOTE]

ah...i got you. but the infamous cole figure is 8.5' inch tall...are you sure the RE5CE chris figure was that big?

[quote name='Astroranagun']ah...i got you. but the infamous cole figure is 8.5' inch tall...are you sure the RE5CE chris figure was that big?[/QUOTE]

The RE5 CE Chris Redfield figure was 3'' tall tops. Perhaps even smaller. I am fairly certain it is the same size as the SF4 CE Ryu figure.

[quote name='Astroranagun']ah...i got you. but the infamous cole figure is 8.5' inch tall...are you sure the RE5CE chris figure was that big?[/QUOTE]

No it was no where near that big, but it came with a steelbook, bonus DVD/BRD (depending on PS3/360), messenger pack, BSAA patch, and Kijuju (aka Afrika) pendant/necklace. Granted the figure wasn't as large, but it came with other stuff that I think equal the difference in figure size all for $20 less.

Again don't get me wrong I would love this CE when it gets to the $40 range which I have a strong feeling it'll happen. I just mainly feel this CE is worth $80 tops, not $100.

I gotta agree, this is a decent CE if it were priced at $70 or $80. But at $100, it is too spendy.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Buying it in 6 month's time or when it hits 59.99 or less, which I'm sure it will eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree. I don't purchase too many "whatever" editions first day, and lately it has worked out. I just bought Bioshock 2 LE, Dead Rising ZE and Halo Reach Legendary Edition for a total of $130 which is the retail of Halo alone. It would have been around $300 on day one.

Some of them hold value, but the majority of them plummet.

[quote name='VaultDweller']man the first one was so boring, hope they add more stuff to the sequel[/QUOTE]

+1

I can't finish it because lose interest after 30 minutes.

i want that EU Original Cole Skin! im in for one fore sure though, LOVED the first game. cant wait for this one. 10$ a week from each check would make this an easy purchase and paid off well before june 7th.

Will we ever see a Sony collectors or special edition in a Steelbook? None so far have been and I dont care about the other extras dammit! :)

Does Sony not like supporting Steelbook or what?

[quote name='wrencrest']Will we ever see a Sony collectors or special edition in a Steelbook? None so far have been and I dont care about the other extras dammit! :)

Does Sony not like supporting Steelbook or what?[/QUOTE]

Killzone 2 and 3 have steelbook editions, but not in the US

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No it was no where near that big, but it came with a steelbook, bonus DVD/BRD (depending on PS3/360), messenger pack, BSAA patch, and Kijuju (aka Afrika) pendant/necklace. Granted the figure wasn't as large, but it came with other stuff that I think equal the difference in figure size all for $20 less.

Again don't get me wrong I would love this CE when it gets to the $40 range which I have a strong feeling it'll happen. I just mainly feel this CE is worth $80 tops, not $100.[/QUOTE]

ok. let's just hope that i will eventually drop price but not sold out just like GT5CE :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Killzone 2 and 3 have steelbook editions, but not in the US[/QUOTE]

Your right, I forgot about that. So it must be Sony USA that doesn't feel the need.

[quote name='Animekatt']I will be importing this from Europe, purely based on the fact the cover is so much better:

Also in Europe, not only do they have the regular and Hero editions, they have the inbetween special editions, with the HD 3D lenticular cover. I will be getting the "Evil Cole" version ^^.

It also includes:

Electrocution Grenade limited edition power
Original Cole Skin
Golden Amp
[/QUOTE]
Hmm...

The original pre-order bonus of those melee energy swords eventually became free downloadable content for the original game. Hopefully all of the sequel's pre-order bonus content comes later for free, too. I'd really like to play it in the original skin...if only it had the original voice.

The 3D looks very cool. Too bad I'm in the US. Why can they just make special editions a global thing, instead of specific to one region (even if it's not region locked)?

Also, why is it called the Hero Edition if it includes the Kessler skin? And will they bring back Cole's evil outfit? I beat the game twice with two different saves just for the sequel in case it allowed you to carry over progress. I want to have both an evil and heroic Cole to play through with.

Why is it that every new big name title with a special edition gets a thread in the deals section for MSRP...

Come on people leave this shit to a thread about the game in it's respective area.

[quote name='wrencrest']Your right, I forgot about that. So it must be Sony USA that doesn't feel the need.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the SteelBook trend originate in the UK or something? Besides, there's more SteelBooks for everything in the UK. Not to mention, Guerilla Games is actually in the UK, so that explains why they might get stuff over there for KZ3(and KZ2!) that we do not.

[quote name='Demon Soul']I felt the same as you guys.[/QUOTE]

It got much better. You can't just completely give up on a game after 30 minutes, though... At least give it an hour or two.

As for the contents of this one, seem like quite a bit to me for only $100. I mean, take a look at some of the other recently released games for $80. Dead Space 2, Castlevania: LoS and LBP2 didn't have the same number of items(or quality, by the looks of this one) so the extra $20 seems alright to me. If you don't like what's included, don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy it so stop complaining about it. It was made for those of us that were a fan of the first and don't mind spending a bit extra for some cool bonuses. I must admit though, I didn't think Sony would be putting up any more CE's for non-AAA titles after how that Resistance 2 CE sold.

However, after seeing CE's for LBP2, KZ3 and now this... I'm going to be majorly disappointed if we don't get anything for Uncharted 3.

[quote name='Mixer236']It got much better. You can't just completely give up on a game after 30 minutes, though... At least give it an hour or two.[/QUOTE]

You have to admit it was pretty damn repetitive overall though .. go to here, turn on the power grid ... now go to here ... and turn on the power grid.

Don't get me wrong, the game looked great and played about a thousand times better than Prototype or games that came out around the same time .. but I hope they spice the sequel up a bit ... maybe add some big monsters too, considering that the enemies were repetitive and tended to have miracle AI that would kill you from a mile away and sense you immediately no matter where you were (above them, below them, etc) ... so yeah, room for improvement imo.

[quote name='etcrane']You have to admit it was pretty damn repetitive overall though .. go to here, turn on the power grid ... now go to here ... and turn on the power grid.

Don't get me wrong, the game looked great and played about a thousand times better than Prototype or games that came out around the same time .. but I hope they spice the sequel up a bit ... maybe add some big monsters too, considering that the enemies were repetitive and tended to have miracle AI that would kill you from a mile away and sense you immediately no matter where you were (above them, below them, etc) ... so yeah, room for improvement imo.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it only got repetitive as much as you wanted it to. You could choose to do as many or as little of the side quests as you wanted, most of the main story missions were pretty varied up for the most part. Did the game have it's flaws? Sure. But calling it boring and deeming it a bad game after a half an hour is just silly. PLus, the ending is still one of the better ones I've experienced thus far this Gen.

You should be pretty happy with the sequel, as nearly everything you mentioned you'd like to see as improvements has already been approached, and discussed publicly, by SuckerPunch themselves.

All games are repetitive. It depends on whether or not you like what it is your repeating. I liked the first Infamous a lot so I enjoyed it.

Does anybody here know if you pre order a item on amazon will amazon charge you on the spot?

I was told by a amazon employe that they do, I always assumed they charged only after shipping the product.

I expect that backpack to be a flimsy pos. If not, and if it works out to be a good carrying case for a 3DS/ipod touch/laptop, then I might be all about it.

[quote name='etcrane']You have to admit it was pretty damn repetitive overall though .. go to here, turn on the power grid ... now go to here ... and turn on the power grid.

Don't get me wrong, the game looked great and played about a thousand times better than Prototype or games that came out around the same time .. but I hope they spice the sequel up a bit ... maybe add some big monsters too, considering that the enemies were repetitive and tended to have miracle AI that would kill you from a mile away and sense you immediately no matter where you were (above them, below them, etc) ... so yeah, room for improvement imo.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. The gameplay was too repetitive and too long. It was like the same stage over and over again. Go to the sewer fight guys who are tougher than the last guys you fought in the last sewer, climb/jump over the platform and cylinders, use your new powers, than turn on the power grid.

I force myself to finish to finish the game because I wanted to know who Kessler was. Really, no surprise there if you played enough video games, it became predictable at the end. Cole has got to be the most uncharismatic game character in a while, I didn't want to cheer/boo him. The dude was just too bland and boring. And Zeke, I wished I could of just thrown him off the roof.

[quote name='finstersucks']Agree 100%. The gameplay was too repetitive and too long. It was like the same stage over and over again. Go to the sewer fight guys who are tougher than the last guys you fought in the last sewer, climb/jump over the platform and cylinders, use your new powers, than turn on the power grid.

I force myself to finish to finish the game because I wanted to know who Kessler was. Really, no surprise there if you played enough video games, it became predictable at the end. Cole has got to be the most uncharismatic game character in a while, I didn't want to cheer/boo him. The dude was just too bland and boring. And Zeke, I wished I could of just thrown him off the roof.[/QUOTE]

While I disagree with 90% of your post, I'm totally with ya on that last sentence. lol

bread's done
Back