Infamous Future Shop 29.99 today

Thank you for that, Futureshop is much easier for me to get to than Best Buy, so I am glad that you saved me a trip across town

Placed my ISPU this morning. Glad FS did this, no Best Buys near me. Was going to get it shipped from BB, saved a couple bucks.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Step 1: trade in infamous.
Step 2: get the TIV of $40 + $10 extra towards infamous.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

wait a sec... this profit joke might work for once.[/QUOTE]

LOL...i don't know whether to say "Fail" or "Success"

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Step 1: trade in infamous.
Step 2: get the TIV of $40 + $10 extra towards infamous.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

wait a sec... this profit joke might work for once.[/QUOTE]

wtf? that blows my mind. they didnt see that loophole did they?

Woo-hoo! I was just gonna order it online from BB however it was OOS. They would still take the order but it was gonna take a while to get to me. I saw this so I checked online at FS for the stock at my local and its in stock. I placed an order for in store pickup and blammo, inFamous for me :)
I will it up later today after work....man my wife is gonna kill me for buying another game...

I hope you all enjoy inFamous. As a Sucker Punch Productions fanboy, I wasn't going to wait until a price drop. I paid the full $79.09 (via trade ins) and had my copy on May 26 and it has been worth every penny. I plan to get all the trophies for this one. Being able to buy the game for $30 is the steal of the year so far.

Agreed Lustyhitter, There has been very little good deals this year for PS3 and inFamous will not see another drop like this for a long time. That is why i jumped at the opportunity even though i should be saving my money for school this coming year.

waiting for Sly 4 :p

Infamous didn't have that spunk that i needed :cry:

in the meantime, backlogged games, here i come!

but damn... 29.99. that is a great deal, this game came out only a few months ago, and the demo was alright.

[quote name='lunasicc']^^ In-store only I presume?[/QUOTE]

This is the Canadian forum, and EB Games Canada doesn't have an online store on their website yet.

So, yes. :p

Well I went to the Richmond Hill BB and FS, both were sold out, but the BB had no problem adjusting the price on my recent. The EB at Hillcrest Mall had a few copies of inFAMOUS left, all gutted, unfortunately. When I inquired about the guttage of new copies, the employee mentioned that Sony pays EB to display games, which justifies opening the games and removing the disc (for anti-theft purposes, I suppose).

dropped by FS just now, a few copies of infamous left. Since Star wars :TFU just dropped to $10 TIV at EB , I decided to trade it into FS for $22.80. Sadly the $10 extra credit coupon doesn't work for infamous even though it's on the webpage.

Yeah, I was a bit bummed that the extra $10 credit didn't work at Future shop. I might buy it from EB games later cause I've got quite a bit of credit with them and I like to save my Future Shop credit for non-game purchases.

Extra $10 games from my receipt this morning:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
Virtua Tennis 2009
Fight Night Round 4
Transformers 2 Revenge
Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince

I think this sale proved something important.

Retailers are actually paying attention to CAG and RFD. It'd be nice to see this kind of thing happen more often just because I hate having to track down flyers, check stock, etc.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I think this sale proved something important.

Retailers are actually paying attention to CAG and RFD. It'd be nice to see this kind of thing happen more often just because I hate having to track down flyers, check stock, etc.[/QUOTE]

I think it just proves why retailers threaten sites who post flyers of their big sales early (RFD has problems every year at boxing day). Retailers don't want other retailers "stealing their thunder" and killing the benefit of the loss leader (which would be driving store traffic). I know this wasn't a leaked flyer but it does prove the point.

When I picked up my copy at FS this afternoon they did not have it marked in store. There were like 8 copies and all still had $69 stickers. I guess they don't really wanna get rid of them at $30 unless they have to. Which i made them :)

I think it was fated for me to have it. For no reason for the first time in 5 months I entered a Best Buy. I walked around and saw this deal. I must say I'm excited to finally try this game.

If anyone is willing to pick me up a copy and ship it to me please PM me. I don't live near a Futureshop or Best Buy and it's all sold out online.

Thanks in advance

The used price at EB dropped today to either $24.99 or $27.99, they were sold out right away as they only had two used copies on the shelf to start with.

Just picked up prototype at FS for 29.99

They sold the pick up orders int he cabinet so they are offering any $70 game at the $30 price. I had no idea what to get presented with that option as I wouldn't remotely consider ever spending $70 on a game.

Oh well, it will turn into the same 1000 points on goozex anyway. Handled a lot better then when thats happened at BB, really good csr girl.

I should have said i ordered 2 :twisted: They had no way of knowing if I really had an order, I didn't bring the printout.

bread's done
Back