inFAMOUS PS3 $49.99 shipped at Newegg.com

[quote name='terra-kun']Review says it doesn't come with Uncharted 2 beta.[/QUOTE]
not really that a big of deal, its only multi player I can't that excited about that.

Maaan, I wanna get this but I have so many games to play right now and there really is no reason not to wait till this hits around $30.

I suggest to those who were once GTA fans, but did not enjoy GTA 4 check this game out. Your powers are pretty restricted at first, but in time you become a one man wrecking crew in the city. Plus Suckerpunch did a great job with checkpoints to minimize replaying the same parts of mission.

[quote name='52club']I suggest to those who were once GTA fans, but did not enjoy GTA 4 check this game out. Your powers are pretty restricted at first, but in time you become a one man wrecking crew in the city. Plus Suckerpunch did a great job with checkpoints to minimize replaying the same parts of mission.[/QUOTE]

I have been bored with sandbox games since Vice City. I never finish them and end up messing around and killing everyone before getting bored. That being said, I absolutely love this freaking game. I am trying so hard to be good and go out of my way to not injure the pedestrians who get in the way while fighting the reapers. The side missions are fun and I actually want to do them. I cant wait to beat the game and go back to replay it as a badass evil guy. I havent had this much fun with a game in a long time.

[quote name='zephyroth']uncharted 2 beta only came with the preorder.[/QUOTE]

What? I thought it was supposed to come with all copies of inFamous during the initial run?

[quote name='zephyroth']uncharted 2 beta only came with the preorder.[/QUOTE]

That is so incorrect...I purchased mine in-store, no preorder at Nebraska Furniture Mart on Saturday and got a beta code. In fact, every copy in-store had it labeled as having the beta code.

It is completely a retailers decision.

my bad, prob a initial run thing. I doubt it's a retailer thing because um ... why wouldn't a retailer want to sell a version that costs exactly the same but entices people to buy something? my guess is that there are a limited # of codes and they were placed accordingly. if infamous copies > codes, tough luck.

fwiw, received an uncharted code for being on Sony G.A.P. today, so if you're part of that you might be able to take advantage of this without losing out.

[quote name='terra-kun']Review says it doesn't come with Uncharted 2 beta.[/QUOTE]

It only came with the 1st batch of Infamous games. I'm pretty sure those already sold out.
Besides if you are just looking to get into a beta that lasts for less than a month to base your purchasing decision on this awesome game, something is wrong with you.
Game is incredible, every PS3 owner should own this great game.
Excellent price for this game.

im deciding to take this or preorder ghostbusters. I know it'll be thirty bucks in 6 months though... and I want the ghostbusters shirt! Also my list of games goes something like this:

Dead space
Fallout 3
GTA 4
Punchout
Street FIghter 4
COR: AODA
Gears of War 2

Somebody tell me to just hold off. PLEASE!!!!

I really really want this game, but given my backlog I know by the time I get around to playing it I can find it for cheaper, so I'll wait.

[quote name='zephyroth']my bad, prob a initial run thing. I doubt it's a retailer thing because um ... why wouldn't a retailer want to sell a version that costs exactly the same but entices people to buy something? my guess is that there are a limited # of codes and they were placed accordingly. if infamous copies > codes, tough luck.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed what I was implying....only certain retailers got them and they are limited in quantity. How the retailers allotted them was up to the individual retailer. The pre-order, no pre-order was up to the retailer.

Still, great price on the game....I need to find more of those finishing moves...only got 5 thus far, but having far too much fun on the side missions.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Yea, 49.99 is easier to stomach for me than 59.99+tax

Plus I got an U2 beta invite in my email yesterday.[/QUOTE]

How do you get the beta invite?

[quote name='52club']I suggest to those who were once GTA fans, but did not enjoy GTA 4 check this game out. Your powers are pretty restricted at first, but in time you become a one man wrecking crew in the city. Plus Suckerpunch did a great job with checkpoints to minimize replaying the same parts of mission.[/QUOTE]

Can someone clarify this for me? I would consider myself as part of this group, but this sort of implies the game is a similar experience to San Andreas, which I consider to be the best in the series.

I guess what I'm asking is how this stacks up to other Sandbox games, and what would you guys consider to be its closest comps in terms of both quality and gameplay experience?

[quote name='bvharris']Can someone clarify this for me? I would consider myself as part of this group, but this sort of implies the game is a similar experience to San Andreas, which I consider to be the best in the series.

I guess what I'm asking is how this stacks up to other Sandbox games, and what would you guys consider to be its closest comps in terms of both quality and gameplay experience?[/QUOTE]

Were you able to try the demo? That's what sold me on the game.

[quote name='bvharris']Can someone clarify this for me? I would consider myself as part of this group, but this sort of implies the game is a similar experience to San Andreas, which I consider to be the best in the series.

I guess what I'm asking is how this stacks up to other Sandbox games, and what would you guys consider to be its closest comps in terms of both quality and gameplay experience?[/QUOTE]

There's no driving, so if you think that is in here get that out of your mind right now. (well, there's none up to the point I'm at and I don't expect it to be ever given the story). No weapon pickups either. Your powers are your weapons, and your fists.

I wouldn't ever really compare it to GTA except to say that it's got a relatively open world like GTA. Go where you want do what missions you want. GTA is a much much more grandiose series, much more. This game is essentially a third-person shooter, except with the ability to roam wherever you please, climbing anything and everything in the city, eventually grinding across power cables and train rails. You will really feel like you're playing a Super Hero/Villain playing this.

The city is very much alive as well, which is cool; people run up to you asking for help ranging from healing to stopping criminals and the bad guys. I've had to chase down some guy once, wasn't one of the Reapers in the first area which I thought was interesting, just a plain clothes guy. Some lady yelled out for me as I was grinding by on the railroad tracks "Cole please help". Don't know why I stopped but I felt like I had the time :p. People gather around to look at your feats (while playing good not sure if they scatter while bad). Little fights bust out between the people and the baddies and police, cars are moving along, seems to be too many squad cars parked though to me. The train goes around (though I haven't seen it stop yet). Seems like the city is trying to get back to normal as best they can for the most part.

The world will really suck you in. I wish the draw distance was better and had less pop-in and blurriness in the close distance. But eh, it's hardly noticeable. Doing the little stunts makes for some self-challenges, trying to see how many you can get done in a mission. I still have the hardest time with Air Shots and Insult to Injury. I've never been good at aiming with analog sticks. But it's just a very very entertaining experience all around. I'd also like to be able to enter buildings. But maybe in a sequel?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgnatedg']Anyone had problems buying software from newegg?[/QUOTE]
Nope, ordered several PS3 games from them recently without incident. It's great for me since I have to pay sales tax on Amazon purchases. Seriously considering biting on this even though I already have a decent sized backlog.

I'm going to hold off, too, but I don't see it getting much lower for a while. Can you believe Ratchet and Clank, and Uncharted, and even games like Heavenly Sword are still $60?

bread's done
Back