Infinite Undiscovery $27.97 Amazon

Tempting...thanks OP!

Edit: Does anyone think this game is worth $30 to add to a long back log or should I wait on it?

[quote name='oscargrouch']Wow this is dropping quickly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously... but it got some pretty bad reviews and opinions so I'll keep waiting.

I've played this for a few days but Then I returned it to gamestop. I think I'll get it when its $20. I don't think it is worth more than that.

Its pretty awful, like the majority of the 360's RPGs. Im going to force myself to finish it soon just to nuke it from my hard drive.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its pretty awful, like the majority of the 360's RPGs. Im going to force myself to finish it soon just to nuke it from my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's harsh. Is it really that bad? I picked Tales of Vesperia over this game a few months back and I'm glad I did, but I still want to play this game. Guess I'll wait for the $20 price point then...

I seriously regret buying this game on release for $57 on Amazon (lucky I saved at least a few bucks from my quick picks).

Not only have I not opened the game yet due to my backlog, but because of the reviews. Getting tired of playing the same JRPG cliche story with the same cliche characters.

Definitely waiting for the Last Remnant to drop to around this price before buying.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its pretty awful, like the majority of the 360's RPGs. Im going to force myself to finish it soon just to nuke it from my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Don't hate - there are a number of solid to very good RPGs on 360. Definitely the RPG system of this console gen, although that isn't saying much given the RPG shift to portables.

I think people here are being WAY harsh. First off the games reviews were not bad they were average. This game ranged in the 7.0-8.5 range hardly bad. It sits at a 6.9 at gamerankings but if you look 2 sites I doubt anyone has ever heard of that scored it horribly low(5.0)are what is pulling its average score down. People here at the topic in it also said it was meh but far from bad and that they had fun with it.

Second to say the 360's RPGs have all been crap could only come from someone insane. The Western ones like Fallout and Morrowind have been meet with 9.0+ praise and then you look at the newer JRPGs like Eternal Sonata and ToV and your getting 8.0-9.0 worthy JRPGs.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Second to say the 360's RPGs have all been crap could only come from someone insane. The Western ones like Fallout and Morrowind have been meet with 9.0+ praise and then you look at the newer JRPGs like Eternal Sonata and ToV and your getting 8.0-9.0 worthy JRPGs.[/QUOTE]

Plus I'm currently halfway through Lost Odyssey, and it's excellent. Best FF I've played since X ;).

It's not an awful RPG at all. It's stronger than the likes of Eternal Sonata or Spectral Forces or something.

People just like to hate for various biased reasons. If you're an experienced tri-Ace and action RPG fan, there's nothing to hate about it.

Since Magus is back out touting the game, I will once again post my thoughts on the game... stolen from myself circa the last time this game dropped:

Here's an example of how bad the writing is in the game:

You show up in a town with a girl who had just passed out for mysterious reasons, and the first people you run into are two Children of the Corn™, who (despite your best efforts) refuse to believe who you are. They then invite your random ass into their house where they blather on about whatever NPCs do until their mother jumps out of a closet (I'm being facetious, but she does jump out of nowhere) to finish one of their sentences. She rambles on about how dangerous the area has become and how her husband went to the local shrine and hasn't been heard from in days.

Then she asks you to go save him and... wait for it... tells you to take her children with you. TO THE PLACE WHERE HER HUSBAND WENT AND NEVER RETURNED FROM. Oh, and one of the kids can talk to animals, a skill that is never expounded upon nor questioned by anyone.

I quit after finishing that quest because it was a gigantic piece of cliche shit that ended in a room that gave you little to no indication as to what to do next (pro tip: you play one of your flutes next to a wall in the back of the shrine to reveal a secret passageway... brilliant!)

Here's a list of atrocities carried out by the game in the 2 hours or so I played it:
- Stealth Mission
- Breaking out of prison with no intent of helping other unjustly imprisoned people
- New armor does not show up on character
- NPC drops visible key in cut scene, becomes invisible in game
- Campfire scene in a Bubble of Protection™
- NPC in party hates you irrationally
- NPCs abandon you right before an area with a Ridiculously Overpowered Dragon™, a dragon that the townspeople in the area immediately next to don't seem to know is there

The voice acting is bad, the graphics are average, and the story feels like it was cobbled together from every RPG cliche ever made. They must have named it Infinite Undiscovery because RPG: The Game would have tipped their hand just a little too much.

$60 is ludicrous, but $30 is still absurd for this game. It is simply NOT GOOD. The only thing that is marginally working for it is the fact that Tri-Ace makes some of the better battle systems for RPGs, but that is it.

I'm playing through the game now. I bought it for $25 shipped off of Ebay. If you like RPGs, and don't mind that this is a average title, than 25-30 bucks isn't a bad price.

I also don't like the cut scenes. It will be 30 sec cutscene with voice acting then it will be 2 min of just text bubbles. The battle system is pretty good. The achievements are kind of bad. Like one is
Get as much money possible (like 999,999,999 or w/e it is) at one time, not All-time.
. Over all it's a decent game but nothing memorable like my other Favorite RPGs. You might have a little fun playing this game but no way in a year are you going to say," Hey I'm in the mood to play Infinite Undiscovery again for the X time through the game."

[quote name='zenintrude']*Trash*[/quote]
The first 2 hours of the game are probably the worst for it. Get to Castle Prevant or a bit before that and you'll see what the game truly is: one quick, epic action set piece after another. One of the greatest strengths of the game is once it gets going, it goes.

Not that I'm trying to convince you, I just don't want your junk confusing others. As I've said, if you're an experienced tri-Ace and action RPG fan, there's nothing to hate about it. If you were expecting it to be the next thing in JRPGs, they you were just completely stupid, because you did not understand the people behind it at all.

Almost all of your gripes about the game occur within the first 1-2 hours of play. After that, the games is EXCEPTIONALLY better.

And, just so I understand you, one of your complaints is that one of your party members doesn't like you right off the bat? Have you played through the game? I haven't finished it yet, but I've gotten far enough to see where this character's anger comes from. It's far from irrational.

Is this game a AAA title? Far from it. Do the first couple hours suck horribly? Yep. Is the rest of the game worth sticking around for? Absolutely.

i wouldn't play this game ever again. This was really a bad title along side w/ enchanted arms. If you want a good 360 rpg, ToV or LO.

Damn it seems like there are so many opinions on this game from both sides. I won't bite at the $30 price but maybe at $20 and definitely below that.

Damn, not sure if I should bite now. I'm only halfway through Lost Odyssey, with Tales of Vesperia on the shelf and Last Remnant pre-ordered.
I know I will get this eventually, and the price is likely to drop to $20 before I've finished with the other 360 RPGs..

I'm waitin' for $20 also, but based on the GOOD reviews(as in 7-8.5 range) I am looking forward to it. I enjoyed Enchanted Arms and thought it was a 7. I agree with the ratings for Eternal Sonata and recently beat it. Lost Odyssey is the best JRPG and a 9, in my opinion. Mass Effect, Oblivion, and Fallout are all 9+ in my book.

I bought it for like $25 or so new off ebay.

I've played it for 4 hours. It's definately subpar, but some people may still have fun with it. It's shelved right now, because I'm having more fun playing other games. I'll probably get back to it sometime.

ToV, Lost O, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Fallout3 completely outclass this game, imo.

Thanks OP, i'll wait till it's under $20 also...

sometimes it's not about the reviews, to me anything above 7 out 10 is consider worth to check out. However, it's those little anal things in the game that pull you back (make no sense missions, the flute thing is really bothering me, i haven't play the game, but from reading the experience, i already wanna give up). While i agree with the notion that you shouldn't judge the game just by the first two hours. This is so true if i don't have other things to do and bills to pay... Two hours! That's a lot of times... If you can't hook on the game by then, it's difficult to like a game/story. Of course, if it's something you purchased for cheap, at least you can say, well, luckily i didn't spent $60 for it...

1. I like how someone said "Since Magus is out touting this game again". So freaking stupid.....seeing as I dont fuckING OWN THE GAME, HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT AND THUS CANT SAY IF IT IS GOOD! I was just pointing out that plenty of people have said they liked the game and most reviews are on the positive side, so chances are anyone calling it trash is a moron that is nit picking the game to death as is often done of average RPGs such as Star Ocean. Just looking at your complaints I feel more valid in saying this seeing as you list stupid shit like you escape from prison and dont save other prisoners as a con of the game.......

2. Forgot Lost Odyseey again another quality 360 RPG.

3. Like most people I am waiting to get this game at $20 or under as I do with most games under $20.

For Tri-Ace fans, this is a deal.

For most people who have nothing to play, $28 is a great price for a decent game delivered to your door. If you're an RPG fan who's played everything, why not just try it and sell it if you dislike it?

Wow that is one quick price drop. Wouldn't be surprised to see this vanish until it gets an actual price drop 6+ months from now. But then I wouldn't be surprised if 29.99 became the universal price either. Sad for people who paid $60 for it though.

[quote name='willardhaven']
For most people who have nothing to play,[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I want to know who this is, because this holiday season is killer. I'm two months back (discounting stuff from prior seasons I still need to play) and like 50 good games have hit in those two months. Best holiday season for gaming in a long while.

[quote name='robbart914']Seriously, I want to know who this is, because this holiday season is killer. I'm two months back (discounting stuff from prior seasons I still need to play) and like 50 good games have hit in those two months. Best holiday season for gaming in a long while.[/quote]

lol no kidding. My backlog is probably at about 20-25 games, and that doesn't include games I absolutely want to give a second playthrough to, like Tales of Vesperia.

I worded that strangely, I meant almost all of the people who have run out of games to play.

The group is probably small, but my point stands.

[quote name='Serpentor']However, it's those little anal things in the game that pull you back (make no sense missions, the flute thing is really bothering me, i haven't play the game, but from reading the experience, i already wanna give up). While[/quote]
The missions only make no sense if you're mindless. You'll always know where to go, and it's usually a straight way to there. No 'get this item to unlock this place to continue the plot' thing.

I've had to use the flute for the plot like three times through the game. All the other times are to get secret treasures, but it's not hard to find those nor required to.

[quote name='robbart914']Seriously, I want to know who this is, because this holiday season is killer. I'm two months back (discounting stuff from prior seasons I still need to play) and like 50 good games have hit in those two months. Best holiday season for gaming in a long while.[/QUOTE]

Those of us who are smart enough to not buy every game the day it comes out knowing that in just a few months they will be $20 or under. This is a great holiday season but you would be stupid to be buying games new knowing I can get them on the cheap just a few months.

Not for nothing, but the "atrocities: listed earlier in this thread are things you pretty much see throughout the RPG genre. If you don't like the genre that's fine, but you can't blame IU for doing things a lot of other games do, as well. I got this from GF the other day, but I have been wrapped up in Resistance 2. Maybe I will pop this in while I do the treadmill tonight.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Move over, Blitz: The League II, we have a new winnah for fastest price drop of all time![/quote]

I'm pretty sure that title still belongs to Beyond Good & Evil.

[quote name='guessed']I'm pretty sure that title still belongs to Beyond Good & Evil.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Beowulf. It dropped from $60 to $20 within three weeks of release and it was a universal drop, unlike this situation where it varies by retailer.

Wow... blitz goes into every 360 RPG deal topic here [it seems] and trashes on the RPGs that are on the 360. He was on the Last Remnant Amazon topic the other day to trash the game and even bring up Valkyria Chronicles when it wasn't even mentioned. Hmmm...

[quote name='oscargrouch']I think I'll hold out for $20. Hopefully Golden Axe Beast Rider will be the next price cut.[/quote]

Now THAT is one terrible, terrible game.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm considering IU at this price, but my backlog is excessive to say the least. I really enjoyed Enchanted Arms, also given many sub-par scores, so I bet I'd enjoy this JRPG as well.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Beowulf. It dropped from $60 to $20 within three weeks of release and it was a universal drop, unlike this situation where it varies by retailer.[/quote]

It's Blitz II. The price dropped from $60 to $40 in a week.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Beowulf. It dropped from $60 to $20 within three weeks of release and it was a universal drop, unlike this situation where it varies by retailer.[/quote]

That's a 66% drop, BG&E was an 80% drop ($50 to $10) in about 7 weeks, I think, maybe less.

I'm about 20 hours into it and I must admit I am enjoying it. Certainly not one of tri-Ace's stronger efforts, but a decent game all the same. Worked out to about $33 at TRUs B2G1 sale and I don't regret it one bit.

I bought it on release and didn't think it was a terrible game at $60. It is certainly a fine game at $30. It isn't mind blowing. It isn't the deepest story, but it is enjoyable. If you like playing JRPG's, you should find some fun here. If you're an RPG snob or only play 'leet' games that score 9.5-10, you probably won't like it. But then again, you probably don't find much enjoyment in anything if you're that kind of person anyway.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow... blitz goes into every 360 RPG deal topic here [it seems] and trashes on the RPGs that are on the 360. He was on the Last Remnant Amazon topic the other day to trash the game and even bring up Valkyria Chronicles when it wasn't even mentioned. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

Ive played every 360 RPG, so its not like im talking out of thin air like many others are. Check my gamertag for games played. If people want to call the 360 the RPG System this gen, then RPGs are literally dead as a doornail this gen. There still isnt a high quality RPG to stand on its own, although i had a good time with Blue Dragon, its not going to appeal to most people.

bread's done
Back