Infinite Undiscovery $39.99 B&M @ TRU & EB/GS

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Hello people wanted to give a heads up and let you know if your interested:

:360: Infinite Undiscovery $39.99 (Had an in-store sale price by the game)

So if anyone is interested in that title thats better then the $59.99 everywhere else.

It has also been brought to light that this game is also $39.99 at Ebgames/Gamestop which is also listed on the site for that price.So try where you might and seeing people have had some YMMV issues with TRU the easier shot would be EB/GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_punisher']I need someone to confirm this please. If true, i'm going to buy it over Rock Band 2 :)[/QUOTE]

It's confirmed by multiple people in the TRU thread... buy away ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's confirmed by multiple people in the TRU thread... buy away ;)[/quote]

Doh I did not know it was posted in the TRU clearance thread... but in reality this is not a clearance item it's a deal of sorts.

Yeah, it's not clearance. I am sure the other poster was merely assuring us that this is confirmed. Thanks, OP. Might have to bite on this one, though I am hope to get it this week from GF.

[quote name='graf1k']Is it worth it? I wouldn't mind a new JRPG with a real time battle system....[/quote]

Im a big fan of real time.....but this did not do it for me at all..

The best thing is that the register recognizes it as $59.99 for the B2G1 sale so as long as IU is not rung up last you get 3 $59.99 games for $100.00.

[quote name='zuldane']Anyone know how long the sale lasts? I was planning on picking it up Wednesday if possible.[/quote]

I would assume it will go for a week... I remember when the Colonies version of Lost Planet came out the same TRU was selling it for $19.99 and now its back to $29.99.

On a side not the other one I noticed was Blacksite Area 51 (360) was marked down to $19.99 and Dragon Quest Monsters:Joker (DS) $19.99 also had the same sale tag.

I still have yet to play my copy of Infinite Undiscovery lol but it looks fun enough and I would of rather payed $39.99 then $59.99 any day.

I don't think it is on sale because of low sales I just think it may be one of those cases like other stores due when a new game comes out like a week or 2 after they will list it for $10 less or something for a week.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Infinite Undiscovery = Final Fantasy with a different name.

Played it, it's crap.[/quote]

Ahh yeah no point in this post, and how can you compare this to a FF game when the only ones ever made real-time were the Crystal Chronicles and XI?

Give them some credit for bringing out some new games for a change.

Does 20 dollars come off the price once it's totaled? I had the cashier check at my local TRU and she said it was 59.99 at which point I told her to forget about it, anyone know why that would be? D:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Ahh yeah no point in this post, and how can you compare this to a FF game when the only ones ever made real-time were the Crystal Chronicles and XI?

Give them some credit for bringing out some new games for a change.[/quote]

The point is, it's just another Squenix RPG, with nothing uber-different to make it separate from the FF series, real-time game-play doesn't matter. Even the graphical style looks the same.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Infinite Undiscovery = Final Fantasy with a different name.

Played it, it's crap.[/quote]

A lot of people just assume Square Enix = square developers. Infinite undiscovery is made by the people who made star ocean and the Valkyrie profile series. They are part of the Enix side (they got their own developers). This isn't the square side where they keep milking the final fantasy name.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']The point is, it's just another Squenix RPG, with nothing uber-different to make it separate from the FF series, real-time game-play doesn't matter. Even the graphical style looks the same.[/quote]

I have to agree with you, this is Tri-ace weakest game. I am a big fan of theirs also, looks like their cookie and milk will be Star Ocean End of Hope (360)

[quote name='Alucard400']A lot of people just assume Square Enix = square developers. Infinite undiscovery is made by the people who made star ocean and the Valkyrie profile series. They are part of the Enix side (they got their own developers). This isn't the square side where they keep milking the final fantasy name.[/quote]

You're absolutely right. My apologies, but you should see the post I made before this one.

Unless Infinite Undiscovery gets a sequel, though, it will essentially be the next Final Fantasy. I wasn't trying to say anything particularly negative.

[quote name='zuldane']What's worse? Infinite Undiscovery or Too Human?[/quote]

I actually beat too human...not saying its better though

Wow, Im pretty glad I didnt bite on release date, actually, I'm glad they didnt give away a better preorder item. Now to pick it up at a newly dropped price...or maybe even a wait until 30 or 20.....

Well. I'm not saying this game doesn't suck. I'm not too fond of Tri Ace making rpgs outside of Valkyrie profile and Star Ocean games. Too bad this game was a miss for them instead of a sleeper hit. I may still pick up the game if it's on discount. For all you people who have played this game, how much do you think it should cost brand new? $19.99?

Why all the negativity on this game, its actually very good with an *
The asterisk is that the game starts out slow as crap, but get though the first few sections of the game and it really gets great.. I havnt beat it yet though.

As far as what its worth, well I'll say its worth the same as lost odyssey, so its definitly worth the price now, especially if can grab it used at EB w/ a good coupon.

[quote name='Alucard400']Well. I'm not saying this game doesn't suck. I'm not too fond of Tri Ace making rpgs outside of Valkyrie profile and Star Ocean games. Too bad this game was a miss for them instead of a sleeper hit. I may still pick up the game if it's on discount. For all you people who have played this game, how much do you think it should cost brand new? $19.99?[/quote]

Brand new, I'd say $30, only because, while some RPGs are awesome, I've yet to find one with any replay value.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Brand new, I'd say $30, only because, while some RPGs are awesome, I've yet to find one with any replay value.[/quote]

...what...?

Hm, have to say I'm surprised. I picked up Vesperia instead of Undiscovery and was waiting on the price drop. With Dead Space getting decent reviews, I'm considering picking up that and IU as well as something else (not sure yet).

Wow...I'm surprised that IU received a price drop so quickly...probably didn't sell as well as Square thought it would. Might be a good pick up with the 20% off cellfire coupon+edge. That's the game for $25 before tax.

I'm still waiting for GS/EB to price drop Spectral Force 3 like BB and Amazon....

I can confirm this price for the Toys R Us in Tukwila, Washington on the South Center Parkway. They had dozens of copies up for sale with a tag that reads $39.99.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Tri-Ace also did Radiata Stories correct?

Either way I would like to see a current gen version of that game.[/quote]

That is correct.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']The point is, it's just another Squenix RPG, with nothing uber-different to make it separate from the FF series, real-time game-play doesn't matter. Even the graphical style looks the same.[/quote]

Given that FF13 is like 2 years in the making and we STILL haven't seen so much of a second of gameplay footage, I don't see what's so bad about having something like that to fill the gap.

Would this be in store as well? I was just at a GS but didn't check today because I was looking at TRU for the $39.99 price. My TRU had it at $60 still.

Had someone scan it and it came up $60 in WA. Looks like it dropped at GS though so I can probably snag it there.

[quote name='mike.m']Would this be in store as well? I was just at a GS but didn't check today because I was looking at TRU for the $39.99 price. My TRU had it at $60 still.[/quote]

yep this will be in store, doesn't say anywhere on the page online only price

that was an incredibly fast drop, the game only came out a little over a month ago

bread's done
Back