Infinite Undiscovery $39.99 B&M @ TRU & EB/GS

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Hello people wanted to give a heads up and let you know if your interested:

:360: Infinite Undiscovery $39.99 (Had an in-store sale price by the game)

So if anyone is interested in that title thats better then the $59.99 everywhere else.

It has also been brought to light that this game is also $39.99 at Ebgames/Gamestop which is also listed on the site for that price.So try where you might and seeing people have had some YMMV issues with TRU the easier shot would be EB/GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dyeknom']Wow, picking one up for 30% off tomorrow. I was just about to buy this game today.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting 30%? I would get it for that price.

Toys R Us does have it for 39.99 as an unadvertised temporary price drop- I got it for that when I picked it up today. There were other Square Enix titles also on sale as well: Crisis Core PSP , Final Fantasy 4 DS and Crystal Chronicles DS for 29.99, and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker for 19.99. Perhaps these will also be seeing a price drop everywhere else as well soon.

[quote name='the_punisher']How are you getting 30%? I would get it for that price.[/QUOTE]
Live cash back? That's 30$. Used somewhere?
Not sure how many are selling this on eBay for $40ish new. Looks like only one or two close to that price.

[quote name='the_punisher']How are you getting 30%? I would get it for that price.[/quote]

Cellfire + Edge? There's enough used copies around at GS. Used currently priced at 34.99 on the website.

Damn them. I used this as the third game in that last B2G1 sale - when it was $55 :bomb:. I thought no way would this drop before the end of the year since it just came out. I guess I should have gotten Civ Rev instead (which I passed on because I thought that was due for a drop).

[quote name='io']Damn them. I used this as the third game in that last B2G1 sale - when it was $55 :bomb:. I thought no way would this drop before the end of the year since it just came out. I guess I should have gotten Civ Rev instead (which I passed on because I thought that was due for a drop).[/quote]

Me too Io, but I ended up returning it because a disk was gashed. I was pretty ticked, considering it was the store that tried to hit me with a refurb fee for fingerprints.

I rented this last weekend, and it's TERRIBLE.

The opening section has you doing stealth and shooting explosive barrels with awful, awful, unresponsive controls. NOBODY should be buying this peice of crap for more than $10.

Sometimes, I think Square Enix believes their logo is good enough to push a game through.

"The 360 has the largest attachment rate, so let's just slop something mediocre on there. We are Square Enix. People WILL buy our games!"

I played the game at my nephew's house, and it's just average. There are better games in the genre.

I'd be willing to spot $25 or so on it, but not a penny over that.

I picked this up for the $37 used after 30% off last week, and it's definitely going back... and I planned on doing this before this $20 price drop, the game is really that friggin bad.

Damn. I just saw a used copy of IU at GS but I didn't know it had dropped there as well (knew about the drop at TRU). I used the cellfire coupon + Edge on 2 games and could have picked this up. This GS is not the nearest to me so if I pass by there again, I will pick it up. If I don't like it , I will just return it.

[quote name='io']Damn them. I used this as the third game in that last B2G1 sale - when it was $55 :bomb:. I thought no way would this drop before the end of the year since it just came out. I guess I should have gotten Civ Rev instead (which I passed on because I thought that was due for a drop).[/quote]

Really? I bet it's because of the prior history of Civ console ports. But Civ Rev rules, especially over IU. Anyway, sorry to hear about your bad luck.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Really? I bet it's because of the prior history of Civ console ports. But Civ Rev rules, especially over IU. Anyway, sorry to hear about your bad luck.[/QUOTE]

Well, I rented Civ Rev and liked it but thought it was still a bit much to get while still basically full price (though with B2G1 and Edge I really only paid $33 for each game). I thought I could play IU despite the so-so reviews and then trade it in while it was still a $60 MSRP game - that's why I'm pissed now ;).

jer7583 - the reviews I've read said it starts out as you describe but gets much better once they get away from those off-the-wall gameplay mechanics.

The game has its quirks, but it's a lot of fun, and has enough unique elements to stand out from the crowded JRPG pack. It looks like people chose Tales of Vesperia (another great game) over IU, which will hopefully send a message to publishers to spread their RPG releases out a little better.

[quote name='Zbornak']The game has its quirks, but it's a lot of fun, and has enough unique elements to stand out from the crowded JRPG pack. It looks like people chose Tales of Vesperia (another great game) over IU, which will hopefully send a message to publishers to spread their RPG releases out a little better.[/quote]

Yeah I really don't think this game is as bad as people make it out to be. Famitsu gave it 9, 8, 8 , 7 and when it comes to JRPGs i trust their opinions more than anyone else's and I almost always agree with them so to me $39.99 is worth it for this game that just came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roymustang']Yeah I really don't think this game is as bad as people make it out to be. Famitsu gave it 9, 8, 8 , 7 and when it comes to JRPGs i trust their opinions more than anyone else's and I almost always agree with them so to me $39.99 is worth it for this game that just came out.[/quote]

Yeah. Despite a number of common issues with the battle system (AI not doing anything, frame rate, and camera angle), it's a fairly solid tri-Ace title. Unfortunately, they were never any good with coming up with stories to their games (VP aside) so the whole story just seems quite rushed.

And like most tri-Ace fare, you'll beat the game around level 50-55 yet the max level cap is 255. Enjoy your end game dungeoneering that takes longer than the actual story :D

[quote name='dyeknom']Cellfire + Edge? There's enough used copies around at GS. Used currently priced at 34.99 on the website.[/quote]

What's cellfire

Sucks! I bought this used and somehow lost the receipt so I couldn't return it.
Then had the chance to trade it in this weekend and didn't get around to going to GS...
URRRRRRGGHHHH... And this game is bad, I know roymustang trust Famitsu's scores, but the Metacritic average puts this game as the the 2nd worse JRPG on 360, still better than Enchanted Arms though. I guess I'm stuck with it now....

Hopefully that means Amazon.com will have it for that price as well. Yay for a quick price drop! Or what I should really be saying is darn, I suppose. If JRPGs don't sell well, we're not going to get as many of them. (But they have to bring us something really good if they want a cheap ass like me to buy it right off the bat. This is a good buy at $40. $60 would be a disappointment. Mashy combat and too much diddling with equipment. Still some great stuff, though.)

[quote name='Poor2More']Im a big fan of real time.....but this did not do it for me at all..[/quote]

See, I really prefer turn-based, but I didn't mind this one. Vesperia and Star Ocean, on the other hand, are too mashy, not fun, and difficult (yes, difficult) for me.

What I dislike about this game is constantly fiddling with everyone's equipment. It gets absurd since you have 20 people in your party. I really like the game's campy storyline, though, among other things.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']Wonderful. I just bought it used for $40 on 10/3 so I'm over the 7 day return period.[/QUOTE]

ARGH! me too... sumanabeach!

[quote name='atregglypuff']Does 20 dollars come off the price once it's totaled? I had the cashier check at my local TRU and she said it was 59.99 at which point I told her to forget about it, anyone know why that would be? D:[/QUOTE]

Mine rang up 59.99 but then on the receipt it showed a -$20 discount under the item name. The beauty of that was that since they scanned that before Civ Rev and Tales of Vesperia, I was able to get three games for $100 instead of $120. :)

I'm nearing the end of the game and have been really enjoying it--the plot ends up actually being pretty good (especially the development of the main character), it's got a healthy array of extras, and a fun battle system.

[quote name='UjnHunter']am sad... bought it used last weekend for $38+ with the 20% coupon + edge at Gamesnot :([/quote]

Well if your still in the 7 day window return it !

[quote name='opportunity777']Sometimes, I think Square Enix believes their logo is good enough to push a game through.

"The 360 has the largest attachment rate, so let's just slop something mediocre on there. We are Square Enix. People WILL buy our games!"

I played the game at my nephew's house, and it's just average. There are better games in the genre.

I'd be willing to spot $25 or so on it, but not a penny over that.[/quote]

Well, Squre Enix is the new EA of the East, I particularly never enjoyed their games apart from the final fantasy vii, viii, X, & xii. But if you want really good games than look at Level 5 (Dragon Quest VIII & Jean D'Arc) or Mistwalker Studios (LOST ODYSSEY) or ATLUS (Persona).

I have it and am playing it now. I got it when it first came out (i've been busy). This game is actually really fun and definitley worth $40. I thought it was worth $60.

Gameplay-wise, I'd say it's a lot like kingdom Hearts. Which, to me, is a very good thing. The story is really good, too. It moves the game along nicely.

I had no idea about this $20 price drop until I picked this up as part of the TRU B2G1 deal today. This stacks and counts as a $60 title. I picked up this (first scan), SW:TFU (2nd scan), and ToV (3rd and free scan). Used a $10 off $75 coupon and my subtotal was $89.98.

So, if you have two other $60 titles you want, this as a $40 entry to a free $60 is a fine deal.

trureceiptcropph4.jpg

Picked it up in Vernon Hills IL. Rang 59.99 but then dropped to 39.99 when subtotal was hit. Picked it up with two cheaper titles as part of B2G1F. So my total was $64 or around $21 a game. I may still take it back though.

[quote name='pinata242']I had no idea about this $20 price drop until I picked this up as part of the TRU B2G1 deal today. This stacks and counts as a $60 title. I picked up this (first scan), SW:TFU (2nd scan), and ToV (3rd and free scan). Used a $10 off $75 coupon and my subtotal was $89.98.

So, if you have two other $60 titles you want, this as a $40 entry to a free $60 is a fine deal.

trureceiptcropph4.jpg
[/quote]

Where did you get the $10 off $75 purchase?

[quote name='JDLion']Where did you get the $10 off $75 purchase?[/QUOTE]

It was from one of their periodic mailers. I get one every 2-3 months and rarely have a reason to use it.

Snagged used copy in like-new condition from GS today. After Edge & cellfire it came out to $24.50. I'm pretty happy, I almost picked one up used a couple weeks ago, but it was scratched so I went with Pure instead. Worked out very nicely I'd say. :)

bread's done
Back