Infinite Undiscovery $39.99 B&M @ TRU & EB/GS

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Hello people wanted to give a heads up and let you know if your interested:

:360: Infinite Undiscovery $39.99 (Had an in-store sale price by the game)

So if anyone is interested in that title thats better then the $59.99 everywhere else.

It has also been brought to light that this game is also $39.99 at Ebgames/Gamestop which is also listed on the site for that price.So try where you might and seeing people have had some YMMV issues with TRU the easier shot would be EB/GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And I thought I was just missing something. What is this "gift?"[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure. Prior to release, it was the preorder bonus (foil lithograph and some item DLC)

Not sure what it is now though.

Limited Edition Tin Foil Print

And a download code o unlock your choice of five different in-game items that affect your character's growth and abilities. Foil and code will be packed with the game. Offer good while supplies last. Promotion valid only when sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

[quote name='pinata242']I had no idea about this $20 price drop until I picked this up as part of the TRU B2G1 deal today. This stacks and counts as a $60 title. I picked up this (first scan), SW:TFU (2nd scan), and ToV (3rd and free scan). Used a $10 off $75 coupon and my subtotal was $89.98.

So, if you have two other $60 titles you want, this as a $40 entry to a free $60 is a fine deal.

trureceiptcropph4.jpg
[/quote]

I got the same thing except with (in order of scanning) Pure, Infinite Undiscovery, and NBA 2K9. good stuff!

[quote name='buckythekat']where can I get a copy of the $10 off $75 coupon that you used at TRU?[/QUOTE]

It was sent out a couple of weeks ago to people on the TRU mailing list. You can get on it by ordering something on-line or joining Geoffrey's Birthday Club or applying for a credit card. They are not available otherwise, so you are out of luck.

[quote name='bojay1997']It was sent out a couple of weeks ago to people on the TRU mailing list. You can get on it by ordering something on-line or joining Geoffrey's Birthday Club or applying for a credit card. They are not available otherwise, so you are out of luck.[/quote]

you're saying that the coupon was unique to each newsletter? otherwise it seems like it would have popped up on here

I ordered from amazon for the no tax and gift, plus i'd rather give my business to amazon. I'll just return the one i got from EB/GS online to a local EB/GS.

[quote name='roymustang']I ordered from amazon for the no tax and gift, plus i'd rather give my business to amazon. I'll just return the one i got from EB/GS online to a local EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

what is the free gift? seems ambiguous...

[quote name='zenintrude']what is the free gift? seems ambiguous...[/quote]

i'm guessing its the foil thing and code they had as a preorder bonus. they said it was inside the game, so I'm guessing they didn't sell all those copies yet.

Not only was I able to pick up a used copy today at my local GameStop for about $25, but they had one last preorder bonus for the game that they gave me also! Woo!

[quote name='buckythekat']you're saying that the coupon was unique to each newsletter? otherwise it seems like it would have popped up on here[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a color coupon the size of a credit card that is printed on both sides of glossy coated stock. They have 3-4 different versions which go to customers based on their purchase history. I received the $10 off $75 version, some people got a $10 off $50 or a percentage off version. It's not unique to a specific user or newsletter, but you have to give them the original which is why it is not scanned here. I doubt you have the capability to print a two sided full color glossy card with rounded corners. Sorry dude.

[quote name='pinata242']I had no idea about this $20 price drop until I picked this up as part of the TRU B2G1 deal today. This stacks and counts as a $60 title. I picked up this (first scan), SW:TFU (2nd scan), and ToV (3rd and free scan). Used a $10 off $75 coupon and my subtotal was $89.98.

So, if you have two other $60 titles you want, this as a $40 entry to a free $60 is a fine deal.

[/quote]

Anyone know if the same thing happens online?

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, it's a color coupon the size of a credit card that is printed on both sides of glossy coated stock. They have 3-4 different versions which go to customers based on their purchase history. I received the $10 off $75 version, some people got a $10 off $50 or a percentage off version. It's not unique to a specific user or newsletter, but you have to give them the original which is why it is not scanned here. I doubt you have the capability to print a two sided full color glossy card with rounded corners. Sorry dude.[/quote]

what really sucks is I think we got something from TRU in the mail and it just got thrown away without anyone glancing through it :bomb:

[quote name='roymustang']i'm guessing its the foil thing and code they had as a preorder bonus. they said it was inside the game, so I'm guessing they didn't sell all those copies yet.[/quote]

It doesn't come actually inside the game, but Amazon packages it with the game. The game is sealed, and the foil print is sealed over it in a separate seal. The print isn't actually inside the game case, though.

[quote name='Maromi']It doesn't come actually inside the game, but Amazon packages it with the game. The game is sealed, and the foil print is sealed over it in a separate seal. The print isn't actually inside the game case, though.[/quote]
So the foil print is actually a postcard insert shrinkwrapped to the regular game? What's on the foil print?

[quote name='kidu']Picked this game up today for $14.98 at Target on clearance.[/quote]

I call bulls*** until we see pics of the receipt.

[quote name='souporman']I still can't decide whether or not I should get this.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I'm willing to bet it will drop more in price and that's when I'll pick it up.

[quote name='kidu']Picked this game up today for $14.98 at Target on clearance.[/quote]

I think I'll go check my Target....

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Sorry, Kidu: I checked the UPC code and Target never carried the game.[/quote]

well nevermind that then

I picked this up at full price at launch. For those of you saying it's another Final Fantasy just because it's from Square Enix, you are woefully misinformed.

Graphically, I suppose it IS similar to those games, though. But this reminded me of what would happen if you combined Final Fantasy XII with one of the Star Ocean games or Rogue Galaxy. In other words, a single-player MMO-ish RPG with an active battle system that has some modicum of depth, but not too much.

I've polished it off, but haven't done the Seraphic Gate yet. Took me around 25 hours to beat, and I didn't do much in the way of side quests. I found it very enjoyable. As has already been pointed out through multiple reviews (and others), the beginning of the game is pure crap, just like Dragon Warrior VII. I thought I'd been ripped off. Stick with it, and it turns into an excellent action-RPG. I'd probably give it around an 8/10, there were some things that weren't perfect, but I've enjoyed it more than Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, or Enchanted Arms, and probably rates up there with Eternal Sonata in my book.

[quote name='buckythekat']GameFly just price dropped IU as well

keep it price is only $29.99 :shock:[/quote]

Might be worth it since I just got my first $5 reward from GF.

I just beat this... and really enjoyed it, more so than the reviews would have led me to expect. The development of the main character over the course of the game is among the very best I've seen in an RPG in recent years. And best of all, his character growth actually makes sense. If anyone is on the fence and has any questions that would make them swing either way, I'm happy to answer any.

Just picked this up used at GS as part of the B2G1 deal - it was $34.99 base, so coupled with my 10% off from my Edge card, it was effectively $22.46 with tax for me (I grabbed 3 games that were $34.99 used base price - my other 2 choices being Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS). :D

Price dropped at best buy B&M too. Picked it up with 15 in reward certs for 25 + tax. Pretty damn good price, just hope the game lives up.

bread's done
Back