Initial D Extreme Stage $59.90 on play-asia.com

[quote name='grap3fruitman']This is a deal how?[/quote]

I think it's a deal because it's region-free, and (I think) region-free games cost more on PA. Yeah, that doesn't make it a deal per se, but it makes it a deal if you wanted to buy from them.

OPINION TIME: Jap crap, no thanks.

Ah... initial D... good times... I didn't even know there was a PS3 version... I might bite on this sometime in the future.

The asian version does not have any online modes, except for downloading ghost data. I had a preorder for the asian version but play-asia sent me an email to warn me, so I changed it to the JP version.

this is such a difficult decision. the asia version comes with a preorder bonus (phone strap) while the japanese version has online.....that might or might not work outside of japan and it's $15 more.

i hope they release this in america, i would buy it again twice. one for me and one for my bro.

this is cheaper than the japanese version. nice. i'm gonna wait and see if any special editions come out

[quote name='fieldkillah']The asian version does not have any online modes, except for downloading ghost data. I had a preorder for the asian version but play-asia sent me an email to warn me, so I changed it to the JP version.[/quote]

Same. Plus there's no guarantee on the Jpn version working correctly/consistently outside of Japan.

[quote name='gunm']Same. Plus there's no guarantee on the Jpn version working correctly/consistently outside of Japan.[/quote]

I don't think Play asia would say it works if it didn't work outside Japan. I need to get this and Battle Fantasia ($55) but I may just wait until release and grab it off eBay, $75 is steep.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I think it's a deal because it's region-free, and (I think) region-free games cost more on PA. Yeah, that doesn't make it a deal per se, but it makes it a deal if you wanted to buy from them.

OPINION TIME: Jap crap, no thanks.[/QUOTE]

All games for PS3 are region free, so this is not the reason. I'll wait for US version if it will ever come out.

[quote name='ychanus']All games for PS3 are region free, so this is not the reason. I'll wait for US version if it will ever come out.[/quote]

They never do, Initial D games here only come out in the arcades, the home versions are always import versions.

i saw that playasia had this game for 59.99 but i wanted to get it cheaper. So i went to bestsku.com and got it for 42 plus shipping. it comes with a FREE initial D Phone Strap.

Initial D Extreme Stage
its asian version. with FREE phone Strap

Last edited by a moderator:
people at the Initial D World forums are saying that the japanese version is working online for people in the US

[quote name='nightmare452']I posted this a couple of days ago, but just in case:
yesasia.com is selling the Asian version of this game (same game) at 45.49 w/ free shipping included guys. (and if you look for a coupon online, you can get it at 40.49 w/ free shipping, which is what I got)
Just in case, a link: http://www.yesasia.com/us/1011009974-0-0-0-en/info.html[/quote]

thanks for the heads up, that's a big drop. i might have to bite. i don't plan on playing this game online so i don't mind not having that option.

[quote name='LiK']thanks for the heads up, that's a big drop. i might have to bite. i don't plan on playing this game online so i don't mind not having that option.[/quote]

Same here, I don't plan to play online, so saving almost 40 bucks from Jap version to Asian version is fine by me.

And YES, the Jap version is confirmed to work online here in the States, check the Gamefaqs forums. (since I don't care for online I don't mind, but if you did care, its a big decision) Good luck.

bread's done
Back