Initial D Extreme Stage $74.90 Free Shipping

RockmanPET

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (97%)
It seems Japan Video Games is selling Initial D Extreme Stage Japanese Version for 74.90 with free shipping and has a release date of June 30th rather than July 3rd. I contacted am and it seems they are receiving the game ahead of time. So I went ahead and went in store to pre order it from them, since I've bought from them in the past.

Streamlight_piggyback_charger.bmp

PlayAsia has two versions, whats the difference besides one comes with an english manual, and the other has online play?

It seems the asian version is a bit more of a knock off and doesn't feature online mode. Asian usually means its made for china and hong kong so it does have english manual, but the asian version doesn't have online support for vs racing.

The japanese version has online battle mode enabled.

I've never bought a Asian version of a game only Japanese so maybe someone else can give a better explination, either way I like online XD

From what i hear online battling wont work outside of Japan, people importing them seem to be SOL on the online battles.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow! $75 for import game is too expensive. $75 i can pick 3-5 360 games. Possible more if it on clearance :)[/quote]
I have no problems putting down 75 for this game. I love the series, played the hell out of it in the arcades, and own both the ps2 and psp versions.

Hey,

Can I play this game on my USA PS3 60GB? or only on Jap PS3? I am wondering if it is compatible or do I have to do some kind of modifying.

Thanks.

[quote name='tangy1628']Hey,

Can I play this game on my USA PS3 60GB? or only on Jap PS3? I am wondering if it is compatible or do I have to do some kind of modifying.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

PS3 games are region free,so yeah, you can play it on your US PS3.

played this on the arcade, for those who are use to the original, shifting up and down doesn't help you drift anymore, very drifty controls btw!

[quote name='tangy1628']Hey,

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can. PS3 games are region free.

[quote name='FoxAlive']played this on the arcade, for those who are use to the original, shifting up and down doesn't help you drift anymore, very drifty controls btw![/quote]

I remember that, in the arcades they guys that did that would jam the hell out of the shifter, i got a good chuckle whenever they did that since it looked like they were going to break it. Ahh...memories

Online for the japanese version is wonky, and I wish they'd bloody get around to letting us know wtf is going on with it.

Last I heard (from the Initial D World forums) is that public battle rooms will not work, while private rooms will for us importers. Also, the avatar downloads, car downloads and other DLC will work no matter what.

I ended up going with the japanese version w/ a play-asia coupon. I'm gonna be gone till the 3rd anyway, so I dont mind waiting a bit.

just fyi, even the japanese version doesn't have online battles. you post your time attack ghosts and you can download opponents' ghosts, but there are NO head-to-head battles in any version of the game.

[quote name='thakingrocka']just fyi, even the japanese version doesn't have online battles. you post your time attack ghosts and you can download opponents' ghosts, but there are NO head-to-head battles in any version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Really? thats fucking lame, the only reason I would purchase is for vs battle.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I remember that, in the arcades they guys that did that would jam the hell out of the shifter, i got a good chuckle whenever they did that since it looked like they were going to break it. Ahh...memories[/quote]

apparently the new technique is gas-break-gas, enabling you to drift at corners without losing speed :lol:. Swear I saw every asian person doing this technique. Too many asians playing this game at Davis.

[quote name='daminion']$15,000 really isn't even close to a billion dollars[/quote]

wow sarcasm buddy....

and 15 grand for an arcade game is a little rediculous unless your just looking to drop a ton of cash

devilman, its *ridiculous =)

Any the new technique in this is "penalty cancel" which is letting off the throttle, tapping the brakes and hitting the gas again. It re-adjusts the cars acceleration to full coming out of corners if you lock your tires or tap a wall.

[quote name='RockmanPET']yup got mine today, online mode works without a problem[/QUOTE]

so it is vs battle? not just time attack?

edit: never mind, there goes $75 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back