Initial D: Street Stage

daewezzy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Does anyone have this game? If so, I just wanted to know how the game played and how the controls were. I was a really big fan of Initial D: Arcade Stage but i decided to quit because I lost my card.

Thanks.

I recently got this game from Play Asia. I havn't had much time to play it, but it is a pretty good game, especially if you like arcade-style racing. It's pretty easy to figure out the menus and everything (the asian version comes with an English manual).

The A.I. isn't the greatest to race against, but the game gives a really cool feeling of Drifting, just like the anime!

Keep in mind, it does require 2.6 Firmware to play and I don't think anyone has gotten it to play with a no-update launchers or any other methods. The Asian version also comes with an Inital D strap (has the "Tofu" emblem from the AE86 on it) that you can use for PSP, cellphone, keys, whatever.

i'd say it's definately worth the $40, but you'd have to decide if it's worth upgrading your firmware, if you havn't already.

[quote name='daewezzy']How are the controls on the game? I'm assuming they're pretty bad since the analog nub sucks.[/QUOTE]

You can use either the nub or pad, I like the pad more. The controls are fine, reminds me of Special Stage. It's not like they make a steering wheel for PSP.

Gameplay wise it has,

LotS
Time Attack
Bunta Challenge (you must beat LotS once before you can access this)
Wireless MP (no online)

The way you upgrade you car is with Cards you get. They all have ranks starting from C all the way to S. C being common S being rare. They did this to add much replay value to the game since in the Arcade Stage you would upgrade after races, but since this one you aren't plunking down quarter after quarter they used the card system.

Tuning the car is kinda tough, you find one card (184) that tunes the car, only thing is after the race is over you can choose 3 cards all face down, so sometimes you pick a card only to find out that the you missed the tune card. Some people even say they hardly see that tuning card, so it YMMV on how fast you can Full Tune your car. Also people found out that Full Tune version in Street Stage is only Basic Tune in Arcade Stage V.3 so don't expect to have the same times you have in Arcade Stage V.3

For some reason they left out Akina Snow, which sucks. One more thing their is a tiny glitch on Akagi on the downhill, about 40 feet before the first turn the game freezes for one second, it's a common problem with all copies of the game. Though the load times make up for that glitch as they are very quick (5-8 seconds)considering the game looks really really good.

Overall I say if you like the Arcade Stage even alittle get this version. This game was the only reason why I kept my PSP. Besides the Naruto game coming out at the end of the month.

If you have anyone question just ask. Hope this helped you out.

Edit: I don't have a problem with the A.I they are just like the Arcade version, with the high star members being really tough, it took me an hour or so just to beat Bunta on Akina.

bread's done
Back