Insane Ebay Prices (PS1 games)

Zmonkay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Holy crap! I just noticed how outrageous some of the prices on used PS1 games is on Ebay. I know sealed games usually fetch a lot, but sealed Final Fantasy VII for easily 300+? And a used FFVII for 60+? Are you kidding me? Doesn't everyone and their brother already have FFVII, or at least knows someone they can borrow it from to play?

I know Suikoden series and Valkyrie Profile routinely do, but I wouldn't have thought a game as common, or so I thought, as FFVII would go for anywhere near those prices.

What other games have you guys seen go for outrageous prices on ebay?

i guess the thing with suikoden and valkyrie profile is that it's not as universally loved by fans as other games.

by that i mean that yes, millions of people own ffvii, but since it's a landmark of a game and many peoples' (including my) first RPG. i'm pretty sure that not a lot of people want to part with their copy, and those that didn't get a shot at it want one now.

valkyrie profile and suikoden ii, on the other hand, are very niche games.

i dunno, that's just my estimate on things.

my bro sold FFVII at a anime convention for $150 used. he said it didnt even last for 2 days on the shelf. FFVII also embarked a series of other games related to it so thats another reason the game is in high demand. there is also a misprinted version of the original black label game thats selling for about $10 more sometimes the same amount as a regular version. its just that one of the letters in the back got mixed up.

i have been selling ps1 games on ebay recently, theres definately a higher demand for them than any other games for older systems. here are some i sold some i have sold awhile back:

klonoa door to phantomile (sold it like around 5 years ago) - $80 used
intelligent qube - $70
silent hill sealed GH - $60
legend of mana sealed - $70

some of the games ive been watching for awhile now:

tactics ogre - around $60
silent hill original black label - $50 to $60
the lunar series - like around $40 to $150
final fantasy tactics - $40 to $60 (usually more if its not the GH)
tales of destiny - $60
suikoden 1 - $50
ddr: disney mix - $150!?
marvel vs. capcom 1 - $40 to $60 (this has gone up since i guess people found out EA made a deal with Marvel to release all their games for the future, canning the idea of a sequel (part 3) or even an anthology collection :(
Bust A Groove 1 or 2 (this game is by ENIX) - around $80 or more..
theres a few more i cant remember atm..

if you really want to see something unique, then check this out: last year i was browsing for ps1 games on ebay and i noticed that there was 1 particular MGS 1 game that was priced at a whopping $1000. i didnt understand why until i saw that the game was actually a misprint. heres a picture:

MGS%20Misprint1.JPG

http://www.playstationmuseum.com/Miscellaneous/COLLECT/COLL07/

he was the one that one selling this. i watched it but it didnt sell, there was a similar version but GH which i think didnt sell as well.

Wait, a sealed FF7? Was it GH version because I have a seal GH version of FF7. I bought it from Walmart.com in 2003 along with FF Chronicles ($15 each). I never got around to opening them though.

I was able to get some great prices on my PS1 games last year. I had a FFVII GH that went over $80 a year or so ago but I did a black label a few weeks ago and only got $65 or so.
I sold one of my Intelligent Qube's for over $100 a couple years back, but now it seems to have dropped below $100. I'm sure it'll get back there in awhile.
The big suprise a few weeks ago was a couple of RPGs that I didn't like fetching >$35

It's because of collectors... they seek to find as many perfect condition copies (not to mention sealed ones) as they can find.

It's not as high as it was during the Advent Children rush though... I sold a GH copy with just the 3 discs and manual for $76.:D

bread's done
Back