Inside one of Amazon's Busiest Days [VIDEO] CNN Money

very interesting little video. awesome how they ahve everything orginized. i thought it all came from diff retail location directly to amazon as it was ordered

I extremely tempted to forward this to management where I work as an example of a new idea for organizing our inventory. It's a bit of mess right now and I've always believed that we would benefit from integrating handheld scanners into our inventory management. Of course the level of business we do is a speck of sand relative to the beach size operations of Amazon, but it's still a great model to strive for.

Really funny to think that if I order a video game, it could be stored on a shelf next to a three ring binder and a case of chapstick but that's just brilliant in the grand scheme of things.

very good video, I forwarded it to a few people. I always loved seeing behind the scenes of warehouses and factories. I remember when Mr. Rodgers would come on and they'd have the picture in picture thing on how to make crayons, or bikes.. Amazon is definitely organized!

I'd love to know how storing those things together makes sense, not saying it doesn't, but I'd like to know why it does. Maybe they're often ordered together?

Cool video. It's amazing how Amazon has only screwed up one of my orders (probably made hundreds on the site) and all it was is they sent me the PS3 version of a game I wanted on 360 (or vice versa I can't remember which).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Why did you bump this?[/QUOTE]

Didn't even realize it's from 2 months ago. I was wondering if Amazon sells a lot of Valentine's Day products lol. Pretty cool video.

bread's done
Back