Insignia Pilot Deal? MP3 Player insights.

DoubleEcksZero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
So my Ipod's (5th Gen) Headphone jack died on me. (Only plays through one headphone ear) and I don't have the cash to get a replacement Ipod so I'm in the market for a new MP3 player, at least until I can get a new Ipod or repair the old one. I was really interested in the the Insignia Pilot (8gb) largely because if its built in Bluetooth function which really appeals to me. Anyone see any Deals on it? I saw it on buy.com and Amazon sold by someone called "Geeks", but a lot of their feedback makes me not trust them so much. So i'm looking elsewere. Also any thoughts on other MP3 players would be good incase I should decide that the Ipod is obselete and that I should move on to greener pastures.
Insignia Pilot Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/insignia-pilot-with-bluetooth/4505-6490_7-32717913.html

The quality of the player notwithstanding:

Insignia is Best Buy's private in-house store brand. You can buy with confidence. I bought one of their Home Theaters in a Box, and it's solid.

Insignia is a Best Buy brand as stated above. The 8GB has been on sale for $99.99 a few times already...

I almost bought this, but the feel of it just felt "off" to me. I purchased a 2GB Sansa Fuze and then a 4GB card since it has expandable memory. The Sansa is a solid little device. Sound quality is excellent. Also has built in FM Tuner.

I own 4 of the Pilots for my family (3 8GB models, and 1 4GB model). I think they're great. They're light & easy to fit in your pocket, GREAT battery life (25-30 hrs music playback, about 8 hrs video playback), Bluetooth (for wireless headphones), no need for a proprietary software (just drag 'n' drop your MP3/WMA files to the folder), and MUCH MORE.

One of the things I like best about it is the fact that there's NO HARD DRIVE (so it doesn't BREAK if you drop it!) You have the internal memory, but then you have an SDHC expansion slot (not just SD like most), so you can add (currently) up to a 16GB card (I have one in mine).

My current configuration is 8GB internal memory + 16GB SDHC card = 24GB total memory. Right now I'm sporting over 1100 songs PLUS 14 feature-length movies, and my memory is only half-full.

As you can see, I AM a fan of these units, and have been picking them up on eBay for around $40 for the 4GB model, and about $75 for the 8GB model. Be sure to read the auction carefully, as some people are selling units with missing parts (factory refurbs are okay, as long as everything in included).

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

I don't wanna deal with Ebay, I like factory sealed store bought stuff with receipts and warranties, but I like the fact that your giving it a thumbs up! Although the 8gb model has been taken off the Best Buy site. If the cost of the 4gb + a 16gb SD card is affordable I might be forced to do that. What kind of SD card does it use?

bread's done
Back