Inspired by Cheapy D's trash digging ... The Dumpster Diving thread!

daikaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Reading our fearless leaders post about digging in the post office trash for Blockbuster coupons inspired me to create this thread about "dumpster diving". I know some of you out there have pulled some great stuff out of the trash...

Personally, (and I know it's not videogame related) I just recently scored a nice anvil case for an amp head out of someone's trash. It doesn't have any foam in it, but I intend on outfitting it with my own. To top to all off, it fits my Marshall head in it quite nicely. I've always wanted to buy one, but couldn't bring myself to cough up the $100. Sweet find if I say so myself.

I have recovered many video game related store displays from the local game stores. Most recent are the Donkey Konga store display, and a few Game Boy Advance SP displays. It's kind of sad when you know what time they will be throwing this stuff out...

lol man 2 years ago I went with a friend and went through COMPUSA dumpter, and we found a 30+ color ink carts for printers, BUt only like 18 worked

[quote name='mousin'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Already been posted:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31835&highlight=[/quote]

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31835&highlight=

didnt the OP say this thread WAS INSPIRED BY CHEAPY's thread? i think this is a thread where we ALL get to tell about our dumpster diving experiences, where as cheapy's only tell abouit him.

well for me, i found some nice old wooden board games, (chess + checkers) =D[/quote]

I'll take "Exercises In Irony" for $200, Alex...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='mousin'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Already been posted:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31835&highlight=[/quote]

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31835&highlight=

didnt the OP say this thread WAS INSPIRED BY CHEAPY's thread? i think this is a thread where we ALL get to tell about our dumpster diving experiences, where as cheapy's only tell abouit him.

well for me, i found some nice old wooden board games, (chess + checkers) =D[/quote]

I'll take "Exercises In Irony" for $200, Alex...[/quote]:rofl:

I went to throw out the trash at my apartment complex and found Paper Mario, Blast Corps, Pooh's Honey Hunt, and Mario Party for the N64. All in great condition. I also found the soundtrack to Night at the Roxbury, an Aqua CD, Lost in Space on DVD, The Flintstones on VHS, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban book on 10 CD's($50 dollar value). They were all in their original cases with only a small bit of wear. About a month before that I found a brand new $30 dollar hampster cage new in the box. Now every time I throw out the garbage I get excited that I might find something else. Sad isn't it?

Well he's in Utah, maybe it's some crazy Mormon parents that believe their child's electronics are possessed by the Devil, or even worse the Christians.

[quote name='Rig']I have recovered many video game related store displays from the local game stores. Most recent are the Donkey Konga store display, and a few Game Boy Advance SP displays. It's kind of sad when you know what time they will be throwing this stuff out...[/quote]

I as well, but most of the time I get them before they are in the dumpster because I ask in the store it self...They then say they were going to throw them out any way so they're pretty cool with it.

Yeah, I'm from Ogden, Utah. Funny thing is I'm the Mormon who's getting the "devil" games from somebody else. No one else in my complex is Mormon.

man, i really miss living in an apartment just for this reason! I used to get sweet crap all the time. Once, someone set a huge box of books (not textbooks, but they were obviously originally purchased for school), and I scored all sorts of philosophy, biographies, fiction, etc - about 20 in all. I also found a Darth Vader cardboard standup once - I didn't have room for it, so i ended up giving it away..
By far the best thing though, was when i found a really nice luggage pull-cart thingie; it was perfect for my Fender Twin Reverb amp that doesn't have wheels...too bad I accidentially left the damn cart at some rathole club we played in Tampa 2 years ago... :(

Reality's Fringe]I got an issue (albiet maimed to Holy Hell) of Mr. T and the T Force volume one from a trashcan. Man said:
I remember when you posted about it. :lol:
You were damn happy. I bet you had the same look on your face that I had when I found my copy of SPF2Turbo that had been missing for months.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well he's in Utah, maybe it's some crazy Mormon parents that believe their child's electronics are possessed by the Devil, or even worse the Christians.[/quote]

FYI Mormons are Christians. :roll:

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well he's in Utah, maybe it's some crazy Mormon parents that believe their child's electronics are possessed by the Devil, or even worse the Christians.[/quote]

FYI Mormons are Christians. :roll:[/quote]

Don't punch holes in his bigot boat with facts...sheesh! :twisted:

bread's done
Back