Instant Game Collection Question

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got a Vita and PSN+. For the instant game collection, will they always be in my list, or should I download them as I see them, so I don't lose access to them? And do I get any back titles like Rayman Origins (from Sept 24?).

Also, is there any warning of when a game will go off the instant game collectin?

Thanks,
~S

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how you do it.

When a game goes up for free on the store, you click download. Even if you don't want it or have space for it. Once it registers as purchased you can cancel the download and the game will remain in your bought list forever. You can always go back to it and redownload it whenever you want as long as you get it while it is free. If you don't purchase it, then you will lose access to it the moment it is taken off of the store. Any past games that were free that you might have missed purchasing are gone to you.

If your Plus runs out, the games will remain on your list, but you won't be able to play them. As soon as you add more time to your account, the games will begin working again. Also, the Playstation blog lists what games will be leaving the free selection each week before the store updates.

Easiest imo is to do this from the sony entertainment site. just add to cart and purchase, no need to cancel download.  easier this way if you are just doing a monthly add everything from plus to your account thingy...

Seconded on Wasabi's suggestion, if you have the time the SOE/PSN site on the computer is probably the way to go. As an aside, since it's so easy to add the PS+ "free" games to your cart it may behoove you to add the PS3/PS4 titles as well, in case you pick up one of those systems in the future. 

In terms of when something comes/goes from PSN, the official resource is http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/ (if in the US) but you may be better served by checking out the CAG 'PSN Weekly Deals' thread, as it more clearly addresses what is coming and going, in addition to any delicious discounts.

Awesome! I didn't know you could register them and wait until later. I may one day get a VITA eventually so that info is priceless ^_^

bread's done
Back