Intel Core Moment Contest

benzee

CAG Veteran
Hi all,

I'm sharing this info on behalf of Intel:

Intel is giving away Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P notebooks with Intel Core i7 processors, Lenovo IdeaCentre D400 digital home servers and $200 Newegg.com gift cards in the Core Moment contest. Contest is open from Feb. 6 - 28.

To enter, visit: http://www.coremoment.com/ and tell us about a Core Moment in your life that has shaped who you are.

· 1 Grand prize winner will receive a Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P notebook with Intel Core i7 processor, a Lenovo IdeaCentre D400 digital home server, and a $200 Newegg.com gift card
· 10 First prize winners will receive the Lenovo IdeaPad Y550P notebook with Intel Core i7 processor
· 10 Second prize winners will receive the Lenovo IdeaCentre D400 digital home server
· 50 Third prize winners will receive a $200 Newegg.com gift card

Also, if you are on Twitter: We're giving away 5 football signed by Jerome Bettis. Tweet using the #Intel and #SB44 hash tags to be entered in one drawing, and follow @IntelGameOn (http://www.twitter.com/intelgameon) for chances to win the other footballs throughout the weekend. Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha I don't know, pyoobez. Have you ever taken a Core i7 for a spin?

Good luck to everyone that has already entered!

I currently run a Q6600 Quad right now on my desktop and am a big fan of Intel.

Entered with a nice paragraph of a core moment. I've always wanted a laptop, though $200 worth of Newegg products will suffice.

[quote name='sippycupz']Thanks! Will winners be chosen by quality of their Core Moment, or by random drawing?[/QUOTE]

From the Contest Entry Page "Winners will be selected via a random drawing."

I'm in.

Entered, thanks
5.gif

Ok I won CAG, thanks a bunch although I'm not even sure what it is I won. Now this confuses me, it says to reply no later by April 1st but then further down the email it says to reply no later than March 24th.....this email was sent to me today on Thursday March 25th at 11:00am. Can someone help me understand what the deal is here?

Congratulations! Your name was drawn as a Second Prize winner in the Intel® Core Moment Sweepstakes.

Your name has been drawn to win a Lenovo® IdeaCentre D440 Digital Home Server.

Approximate retail value is $599.99 USD!

Claim your prize

We would like for you to be our winner, and in order to help us fulfill your prize quickly we ask that you please reply to this email stating your acceptance by 5:00pm Pacific Time, Thursday April 1st, 2010.

Please reply with:

Your Full Name:

Your Shipping Address:

Your Contact Phone Number:

Failure to reply by 5:00pm Pacific Time, Wednesday March 24th will result in forfeiture of this opportunity. Once we receive your email we will send your prize to you via FedEx* and will email you tracking information as soon as it ships.

Congratulations again, and thanks for participating in the Intel® Core Moment Sweepstakes!

Sincerely,

The Intel® Core Moment team

[quote name='Third Eye']Ok I won CAG, thanks a bunch although I'm not even sure what it is I won. Now this confuses me, it says to reply no later by April 1st but then further down the email it says to reply no later than March 24th.....this email was sent to me today on Thursday March 25th at 11:00am. Can someone help me understand what the deal is here?[/QUOTE]
I think that's a mistake with the date, just send it in asap and hope for the best. Try to pm the guy that posted this contest also, he seemed to be affiliated with Intel and might be able to help you.

Congrats btw, I wish I entered! I need a laptop for school and I have issues with technology.... I tend to spend to much on it since I love it so much lol.

Called Intel just to verify that the contest is legit and all, they said yup! Now I just need to wait for the sucker to arrive.

[quote name='Third Eye']Ok I won CAG, thanks a bunch although I'm not even sure what it is I won. Now this confuses me, it says to reply no later by April 1st but then further down the email it says to reply no later than March 24th.....this email was sent to me today on Thursday March 25th at 11:00am. Can someone help me understand what the deal is here?[/QUOTE]
That's weird,
I also supposedly won (thanks CAG) and received the same date:

[FONT=&quot]Claim your prize[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We would like for you to be our winner, and in order to help us fulfill your prize quickly we ask that you please[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]reply to this email stating your acceptance by 5:00pm Pacific Time, Thursday April 1st, 2010. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please reply with:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your Full Name:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your Shipping Address:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your Contact Phone Number:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Failure to reply by 5:00pm Pacific Time, Thursday April 1st will result in forfeiture of this opportunity. Once we receive your email we will send your prize to you via FedEx* and will email you tracking information as soon as it ships.[/FONT]

As far as I can see it looks legit.

[quote name='crazyivan19']How can people be winning before the contest is even over?
Very strange.[/QUOTE]

This contest is in its second round, the original contest ended last month.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']This contest is in its second round, the original contest ended last month.[/QUOTE]

Ach so! That explains things.
Thanks for the clarification! I'll keep my fingers crossed that I win something this round.

I would just reply immediately. I'm not too computer savvy but it seems like you've won a server?

Anyhow, thanks OP. Just entered!

It freaking shipped yesterday and will arrive April 6th. For anyone wondering the home server is the 1TB model not the 2TB version. Now I need to find a way to make some money with this thing.

[quote name='Blade3D']If we win, when should we expect an email?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you enter you get an email that says

"Thank you for entering the 2010 Intel® Core Moment Sweepstakes II. Winners will be randomly selected on or about April 17, 2010, and will be notified by email. Good luck!"

Anyone here win this time around? I was pretty surprised when two CAGs won last round. It must be a pretty small contest.

bread's done
Back