Intellivision Lives (DS) - $7.17 at Amazon

I thought they said this would never come out? How long has it been out? How the hell did I miss it? Intellivision was my first console. I'm a sucker for any new version of Intellivision Lives. Many thanks OP!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I thought they said this would never come out? How long has it been out? How the hell did I miss it? Intellivision was my first console. I'm a sucker for any new version of Intellivision Lives. Many thanks OP![/QUOTE]

The only problem is that I forgot to apply a console logo to the first message - oh well, lesson learned.

Doesn't matter to me. This is the version I thought wasn't coming out. I remember hearing years ago that the owner of the Intellivision license wanted to put this on DS but Nintendo wouldn't let him because they don't allow emulation on the system. I can only guess either they worked it out or Nintendo stopped having that arbitrary rule in place.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Doesn't matter to me. This is the version I thought wasn't coming out. I remember hearing years ago that the owner of the Intellivision license wanted to put this on DS but Nintendo wouldn't let him because they don't allow emulation on the system. I can only guess either they worked it out or Nintendo stopped having that arbitrary rule in place.[/QUOTE]

No, the problem is that he/they wanted to put up Intellivision games (either individually or in sets) as DSiWare downloads, but Nintendo only allows emulation in Virtual Console downloads. Emulation releases have never been a problem for disk or cartridge.

I'm probably not the best person to mini-review this game, through my rose-colored glasses and all, but I have two copies of this and it's well worth it!

It came out back in November (after waiting literally five years for it) at a budget $15 price.

If you love old school games, you'll enjoy this. If you don't... well, you probably won't. There are some issues (Sadly, one of the AD&D games is virtually unplayable - and Utopia is only accessible in two-player mode, which is bull crap), but, overall, this pack is worth it for SNAFU, Tower of Doom and Cloudy Mountain alone. $7 is an amazing price for this.

Thanks for the tip. Ill get one, I normally hate old school compilations because its always the same shit and usually have like 9 games. But this has 60 so Ill give it a shot.

It's been out for some time now, I know another seller on Amazon and eBay being sold by Beach Audio for what ever reason it has always showed up as "Jack of All Trades Inteillivision Lives, it was always selling for $20 plus. I will gladly pick it up for $7 though, I'm sure there is a lot of confusion as to how this game exist because I remember reading an article that claimed it was canceled too.

werid i added this to cart and got it at

then it jumped to 7.69 from same seller

thought what the hell its like paying 6.50 for it with tax

wont get it for 3 days even with 2 day shipping

As an Amazon review mentioned, the best games aren't even in the collection...Missing are: Burger Time...Bump-N-Jump...Atlantis...Demon Attack..Beauty and the Beast...SafeCracker...PacMan...CentiPede...Zaxxon...Donkey Kong...River Raid..Pitfall...LadyBug...Mousetrap...Frog Bog...and TRON...

Having said that, I would have grabbed it anyway for the $7 and change...I remember playing the hell out of the voice games like Bomb Squad and B17, and those are apparently in there...

[quote name='dark-star']As an Amazon review mentioned, the best games aren't even in the collection...Missing are: Burger Time...Bump-N-Jump...Atlantis...Demon Attack..Beauty and the Beast...SafeCracker...PacMan...CentiPede...Zaxxon...Donkey Kong...River Raid..Pitfall...LadyBug...Mousetrap...Frog Bog...and TRON...

Having said that, I would have grabbed it anyway for the $7 and change...I remember playing the hell out of the voice games like Bomb Squad and B17, and those are apparently in there...[/QUOTE]

Shit, so its missing some of the best ones. I guess to licensing issues.

Tron would have been a hard one anyway since the arcade had the joystick and the 360 spin knob thing and it required both for the tube part, the spiders and the tanks. Light cycles was one of that didnt need the knob.

bread's done
Back