Intercooler for 60GB PS3

blazsox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I am in the process of getting a Slim PS3 since my 60GB has died (tis a sad month), and unfortunately I am trying to get my save files off my old system. The problem i have with my old system is that it now constantly overheats (lasts maybe 5-10 minutes). In 4+ years of use I never once had an issue until last week when the system now shuts off automatically with a blinking red light (ugh...why must all errors be flashing red lights, my 360 died again just a week prior to this).

Anyways I can't do a backup utility as the system doesn't stay on long enough, so I go on as fast as I can and copy my save files to my external drive before it turns off. I was hoping to buy an Intercooler to maybe extend the life of it to get all my files. I do not plan to keep this Intercooler longer than I need to get the files off.

However I am unable to find an Intercooler for the non-Slim PS3 models that doesn't go for more than $80.

Anyone know where I can get (and at what price) I can get an intercooler for my 60GB PS3?

(I would repair my old system but Sony wants $150. I don't mind getting a Slim, this one I have was used heavily. 4+ years of gaming, movies, music, and more.)

This is just guesswork, but if you have a friend with the same model as your 60gb could you try swapping the hardrives to retrieve files?

How about putting you 60gb hdd into a external harddrive enclosure and retrieving files through your new slim (I don't think this method would work at all though)?

[quote name='dejeckt']This is just guesswork, but if you have a friend with the same model as your 60gb could you try swapping the hardrives to retrieve files?

How about putting you 60gb hdd into a external harddrive enclosure and retrieving files through your new slim (I don't think this method would work at all though)?[/QUOTE]

Whenever you put a HDD into a PS3, it automatically needs to reformat the HDD.

Hmm..I got a question to go with his. IF this happens if it possible to get the PS1/PS2 saves back onto a memory card to use with a PS2? Or do you have to find another 60gb PS3 to use them with. (I have a memory card adapter but it won't let me put the saves back onto it)

Why not open it up and have a fan blowing across it? What type of environment is your fatty in? Ventilation should be sufficient with a fan blowing across it if you do not have it in an enclosed area.

The Intercooler stuff sucks.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Crack that bitch open and put some new thermal paste in there.[/QUOTE]

do this and u don't need to spend $$ on the new slim

Buy a can of compressed air and blow the dust out after you crack that bitch open (especially fan/heatsink area). Check youtube if you need detailed instructions.

bread's done
Back