Interest Check - Borrowing & Loaning PS3 games with fellow CAGs?

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
This topic has been posted in the 360 section, and there has been a good amount of interest.

360 Thread

CheapyD will soon be implementing some sort of loaning/borrowing system into the iTrader and what not. My question to you is, once things on the 360 side take off, is there any interest in doing it here on the PS3 boards?

One advantage on the 360 is achievements on all games, allowing the loaner to get an idea for when the lent game has been completed and track the progress of the other person, but maybe with the PS3 games we could just say.. send the game back in a week, two weeks, etc. Condition of the games could end up being an issue, but I suppose that could be worked out as time moves on.

Thoughts?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Condition of the games could end up being an issue, but I suppose that could be worked out as time moves on.

Thoughts?[/quote]

I skimmed through the 360 thread...

If properly implemented, it could work for those who don't really mind much about the condition of their games. I'm sure there are those who purchase used and trade in for other used games quite often, i.e. buy 2 get 1 free used game sales.

It's really the trust and responsibility factor that gets me worried.

Actually PS3 games seem to 'keep' better than most so I'm not too worried about that.

At least this might mean I keep some games I sell and ultimately re-buy for whatever reason. I'd be game, it has potential but yeah we'd need some guidelines. It'd be kinda like a CAG googex right?

I'd love to borrow and lend with CAGs I know. But random people is a no. But yeah, the people in my PSN group, Burnout night, Warhawk night, and the regulars here are all welcome. I don't have much to lend right now though.

[quote name='miyamotofreak']I'd love to borrow and lend with CAGs I know. But random people is a no. But yeah, the people in my PSN group, Burnout night, Warhawk night, and the regulars here are all welcome. I don't have much to lend right now though.[/quote]

Agreed. No randoms and it sounds good.

Well this thread died quickly.

But no fear! SB is here! :lol:

I have :whistle2:

:ps3: Dead Space
:ps3: Call of Duty WaW
:ps3: Mirrors Edge

I want :whistle2:

:ps3: Prince of Persia
:ps3: Mercenaries 2
:ps3: Quantum of Solace.

If any has any of the above and wants to to a short term swap then PM me! I must know you or you must have a glowing reference from somone I know here on CAG.

Come on peeps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be interested, I have too many games to play right now, but down the road I could do this for games like oblivion that if I were going to buy I'd probably pick up used anyway to play through once then probably never touch again. It would definitely need to be people active in cag nights and things, no new members.

Games I have a available to lend out:
:ps3: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
:ps3: Folklore
:ps3: Lair
:ps3: Little Big Planet
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man
:ps3: Unreal Tournament 3
:ps3: Valkyria Chronicles
:ps3: Warhawk

bread's done