Interesting GameStop Incident

[quote name='gizmogc']However not having the cover art means the game may never sell (who reallys look through all those generic cases?)[/QUOTE]

Well, I'd rather run a store that never sells the game, but actually has the game. If people were stealing the discs and I knew it, I sure as hell wouldn't keep the game on the shelf!

Just knock out all of the magazines near the counter, I forgot which thread that came from. Better yet, spill all of the PSone cases on the floor to get your point.

Now that assshat. I never trust game store employees, underpaid and under apreciated unless if you are a manager.

[quote name='Matarick']Just knock out all of the magazines near the counter, I forgot which thread that came from. Better yet, spill all of the PSone cases on the floor to get your point.

Now that assshat. I never trust game store employees, underpaid and under apreciated unless if you are a manager.[/QUOTE]

Hah, that was the infamous DDF thread. I hate to admit it, but I kind of miss his mindless banter.

I'm not one to throw a DDF-sized tantrum, but I was tempted to go back in and collect all the other empty cases, and stack them on the counter and say that someone must have stolen all these discs too... Yeah, that would have shown 'em.

I kept seeing Lunar 2 instock at Gamestop.com at a local store. I called and they said they didn't have it. After it continuing to show up for 2 weeks I stopped in at the store. Nice employee leveled with me "Yeah, that's being saved for an employee, sorry".

If an employee wants the game, fine, perk of working there, they get first grabs on it, I've got no problem with that.
But I sure as hell couldn't put a game on reserve for weeks until I could afford it - so neither should they!

Yeah, at my store, you must purchase your held items by the next payday. If anything is in there after that night, the employee that held the item cannot hold another item for 90 days.

And yes, GS keeps all PS one games live on the floor. There are two exceptions. When the DM decides against this or when that store is a high risk/high theft store. Every store will probably take a few lost games like this, but those lossess must exceed extra profit made by keeping them live vs behind the counter.(About a 15% increase) and labor costs involved with gutting(taking the disc out and alphabetizing it.)

[quote name='Kerig'](if you sell me the open one, you'll need to open a new one to put on the floor, so I'm just saving you the trouble of preparing a new floor copy)[/QUOTE]

I had a clerk at EB Games try very hard to get me to take the display copy a few weeks ago. "It's the same game," he kept saying. I simply told him I wanted the sealed copy or I wasn't buying it.

Ha, I just traded my copy of Legend of Mana, complete with original jewel case, manual, and game disc. And whoever said the game blows, you're sniffing glue, junior.

bread's done
Back