Internet kill switch for the president?

I'm not surprised by this bill, given who is sponsoring it. Lieberman loves increasing presidential power. True patriot bro.

I highly doubt this will pass unless they start tagging on stuff about terrorists and our nations security. All it would take is one thing to happen so they could have a excuse to do it. Then when they do they will destroy this country, we have become to independant on the net it would be a freaking riot because if nothing else of all the business's that would be in upheavel because they depend on the net so much. It has become way to large a part of this country.

This type of a government takeover doesn't register a blip on my paranoia radar.

The government can shut down level 3 and that would keep people in different states from communicating with each other.

However, you would have to talk to every ISP to keep people in the same M.A.N. from communicating with each other and it would be impossible from keeping everybody in the same LAN from talking to each other.

Where did people get the idea that Internet is something that should be controlled or owned? It doesn't belong to anyone and nobody has a say when it 'goes off,' not government and not ISP's.

[quote name='rabbitt']Where did people get the idea that Internet is something that should be controlled or owned? It doesn't belong to anyone and nobody has a say when it 'goes off,' not government and not ISP's.[/QUOTE]
Are you serious?

Jon Stewart talked about this last night...apparently Lieberman justified the power by saying something to the effect of 'China has this power so we should have it too'

[quote name='IRHari']Jon Stewart talked about this last night...apparently Lieberman justified the power by saying something to the effect of 'China has this power so we should have it too'[/QUOTE]

Since when is China a country that others strive to be like?

[quote name='IRHari']Jon Stewart talked about this last night...apparently Lieberman justified the power by saying something to the effect of 'China has this power so we should have it too'[/QUOTE]

i'm sure obama will veto this.

or not.

bread's done
Back