Interplay Games 50% off ($2.99) at GOG till 4/16

Kein Mitleid

CAG Veteran
All Interplay games 50% off for $2.99 at GOG.com till April 16 11:59 PM EDT.
http://www.gog.com/promo/interplay_blast

Battle Chess Special Edition
Castles + Castles 2
Conquest of the New World
Descent + Descent 2
Descent 3 + Expansion
Die by the Sword + Expansion
Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
Earthworm Jim 3D
Evolva
F/A-18E Super Hornet
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Freespace + Expansion
Freespace 2
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
MDK
MDK 2
Messiah
Redneck Rampage Collection
Sacrifice
Screamer
Shattered Steel
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Stonekeep
VR Soccer '96

Last edited by a moderator:
This offer lasts until Monday, April 16th at 11.59 p.m. EDT
Anyone complaining how EA "changed" Bioware need look no further than MDK 2, or Shattered Steel.

[quote name='Bosamba']This offer lasts until Monday, April 16th at 11.59 p.m. EDT.[/QUOTE]

They called it "weekend."

I didn't see the promo details button at the bottom.

Apparently Mondays are part of the weekend now.

Interplay ruled back in the day, so many games I used to play. No longer PC game or I'd spend a bundle on this.

Strangely enough, I've always wanted to try MDK2. Did anyone play that back in the Dreamcast/PS2 days, and, if so, is it fun and worth the $3?

MDK was great back in the day; not sure how it holds up to the test of time though...

I wish the old Interplay Star Trek series were on here. Those were fantastic. Why haven't they re-released those Monkey Island style yet?? :(

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Strangely enough, I've always wanted to try MDK2. Did anyone play that back in the Dreamcast/PS2 days, and, if so, is it fun and worth the $3?[/QUOTE]

MDK2 is great... An HD remake just recently came out, though.. it's only available on Beamdog, apparently, and it's $15.. so perhaps it's worth it just to stick with the original.

[quote name='Kein Mitleid']They called it "weekend."

I didn't see the promo details button at the bottom.

Apparently Mondays are part of the weekend now.[/QUOTE]

Hawaii is 10 hours behind this. If Samoa didn't jump forward a day, this would end just past midnight. The world is bigger than your time zone.

[quote name='mkaliaz']I got Fallout 1 and 2. Anyone else got any "must own" recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Try Stonekeep.

Probably the best RPG of 1995, not to mention very intuitive, something most old RPGs lack.

Excellent graphics for the time too. In fact, this game had one of the highest budgets at its time.

Die By the Sword is a pretty interesting 'realistic' sword combat game where you swing the mouse to take swipes and such.

Freespace 2 is a must-own for anybody who likes space combat. It's also required for the Wing Commander fangame that was recently released, iirc.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']After getting Fallout for free awhile ago, I bought Fallout 2 and Tactics. I'm liking GOG.[/QUOTE]
Same! Got the email notice and snagged em immediately. Debating whether or not I should get Freespace as well though...

How much different are Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics compared to the original Fallout? Is the collective experience of playing all three titles worth it vs just playing one or two of the games?

For $3 each I didn't think of that. Looks like Fallout 2 is generally the same as far as basics go to Fallout. Tactics is likely much different.

Tactics has a limited story and is much more combat-oriented than FO 1&2. It's still fun!!

Conversion of my old cd-based games is continuing to go smoothly...

I bought:
Castles + Castles 2
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Descent 3 + Expansion
Freespace + Expansion
Freespace 2
&
Planescape: Torment (which is not part of this sale)

[quote name='Kein Mitleid']Try Stonekeep.

Probably the best RPG of 1995, not to mention very intuitive, something most old RPGs lack.

Excellent graphics for the time too. In fact, this game had one of the highest budgets at its time.[/QUOTE]

What kind of time investment does it require to get a feel for the game? Example: I tried playing Baldurs Gate the other day. After dying to a wolf in my 2nd fight I realized I might not have enough time to understand the game mechanics, let alone play the darn thing.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']After getting Fallout for free awhile ago, I bought Fallout 2 and Tactics. I'm liking GOG.[/QUOTE]
This.

I'll probably pick up Jagged Alliance 2, too.

[quote name='leshrac55']MDK2 is great... An HD remake just recently came out, though.. it's only available on Beamdog, apparently, and it's $15.. so perhaps it's worth it just to stick with the original.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up on MDK2 HD - I had no idea such a thing was done.

Sadly, a slight facelift isn't worth the extra $12 to me. Plus, I've never heard of "Beamdog" until now.

Freespace 2 thoughts? Are there any good space sims to compare this to, or to get instead? or stay with the classic?

Freelancer is an amazing space combat game; and it has full online functionality through private servers. It's still got a relatively lively modding community as well.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thanks for the heads up on MDK2 HD - I had no idea such a thing was done.

Sadly, a slight facelift isn't worth the extra $12 to me. Plus, I've never heard of "Beamdog" until now.[/QUOTE]

You've made the right choice to pass on the HD version. I was all geeked up to buy it when it was announced a little over a year ago. I eagerly awaited it's release, but once it finally came out and I saw the screens, I was sorely disappointed. While I will admit that there clearly was an upgrade graphically speaking, I was surprised at how unimpressive it looked. It looked like a remake that might have been done in 2004.

On top of all that, it's on a DD store that nobody's ever heard of? And if that wasn't enough, I've read on the Beamdog website that it's supposedly a nightmare of glitches & bugs. Supposedly the devs are really, really slow to fix them.

I'll stick with the original MDK2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't resist Freespace 1 + 2.
Not enough space-sims, these days.

Really loved Freelancer and EgoSoft's X3 series.

This offer is likely because Interplay's Fallout games are going to be pulled from GOG... Bethesda and Interplay have been duking it out in court for a long time now, and Bethesda has basically put the final nails in the coffin. Interplay is only going to have rights to sell their Fallout games for a couple more years, and Bethesda has appealed in the past that selling these games via GOG is a breach of the current agreement between the companies.

Odds are that they're using this sale as a last ditch effort to make some money before they're forced to pull their games from GOG. Then again, Bethesda may allow the games to continue being sold through GOG as long as they're making the money.

Either way, get the Fallout titles while you can. They may not be around on GOG for much longer.

[quote name='AgentW']Freespace 2 thoughts? Are there any good space sims to compare this to, or to get instead? or stay with the classic?[/QUOTE]

GameSpot inducted it to their Greatest Games of All Time list (their Hall of Fame version). It's generally acknowledged as the best of the space combat genre, most often duking it out with TIE Fighter for the spot. I would recommend it though as it's my favorite PC game yet.

I'm thinking about getting Die by the Sword and Freespace 2. Anybody have experience with either games and can confirm that my money would be well spent? Also getting Fallout 2 because I know that game will be amazing.

[quote name='sotc1988']I'm thinking about getting Die by the Sword and Freespace 2. Anybody have experience with either games and can confirm that my money would be well spent? Also getting Fallout 2 because I know that game will be amazing.[/QUOTE]
Used to own Die by the Sword way back in the day. From what I remember it was fun. You basically ran around hacking body parts off of creatures and people. They had an arena combat type mode where you would just try to kill the other combatants.

Also would like to mention that anyone that enjoys combat strategy would love MAX. Can only speak for the first one though. I have it running through Dos Box or would pick it up again. Still play this game from time to time.

[quote name='inm8num2']How much different are Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics compared to the original Fallout? Is the collective experience of playing all three titles worth it vs just playing one or two of the games?[/QUOTE]

Fallout 2 is an improvement over Fallout, but I actually prefer Fallout. They're quite similar overall. I recommend both.

Fallout Tactics is visually very similar, but is mission based, completely focused on combat, like most 'tactics' games. The maps are big. I loved it back in the day.

GOG question -- if i go for some of these do i need to install yet another client? ugh.

[quote name='affa']Fallout 2 is an improvement over Fallout, but I actually prefer Fallout. They're quite similar overall. I recommend both.

Fallout Tactics is visually very similar, but is mission based, completely focused on combat, like most 'tactics' games. The maps are big. I loved it back in the day.

GOG question -- if i go for some of these do i need to install yet another client? ugh.[/QUOTE]

No. They have a downloader that you can use but you don't have to. None of it runs in a client like steam or origin.

fuck it. I'm picking up Fallout 2 and Stonekeep.

You win, GOG. Give me free Fallout and the OCD side of me insists I own Fallout 2 to complete the package.

I can pass on tactics....for now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Kingpin is a good old school fps. Messiah is a quirky original game too.[/QUOTE]

I remember gaming magazines doing features on Messiah. There was quite a bit of hype leading up to its release. Wow. That makes me feel old.

[quote name='zubalove']I remember gaming magazines doing features on Messiah. There was quite a bit of hype leading up to its release. Wow. That makes me feel old.[/QUOTE]
Same. I remember screens of some chick/angel in lingerie and thinking that the game was SO ADULT (I was a kid at the time). I had (still don't) no idea what the game was about but I wanted to play it because of this!

Man, I STILL play Kingpin: Life of Crime at least once a week. It's, by far, the most nostalgic and incredibly fun online FPS ever released...in my opinion.

Kingpin ruled. Fear the grenade launcher. You hear more than a few bounces and dont clear out you just need to make peace with your maker. LOL.

Does that actually run under win7?

[quote name='The End']You've made the right choice to pass on the HD version. I was all geeked up to buy it when it was announced a little over a year ago. I eagerly awaited it's release, but once it finally came out and I saw the screens, I was sorely disappointed. While I will admit that there clearly was an upgrade graphically speaking, I was surprised at how unimpressive it looked. It looked like a remake that might have been done in 2004.

On top of all that, it's on a DD store that nobody's ever heard of? And if that wasn't enough, I've read on the Beamdog website that it's supposedly a nightmare of glitches & bugs. Supposedly the devs are really, really slow to fix them.

I'll stick with the original MDK2.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the extra input. I looked at the screens of the HD version, and I wasn't impressed enough to take part in "the Beamdog experience."

MDK2 sounds like a good time, though.

[quote name='smackattack']Kingpin ruled. Fear the grenade launcher. You hear more than a few bounces and dont clear out you just need to make peace with your maker. LOL.

Does that actually run under win7?[/QUOTE]

Everything from GoG should run fine with Win 7 / 64 bit. Thats half the reason people buy from this site, they do a lot of work with the titles to make sure they are compatible. After going through pure hell trying to get certain older titles on other digital download sites to work, I can really appreciate this.

[quote name='GreatDoink']Going back and forth on Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

Was a big fan of it back in the day when I had a system that had no business running it or Stonekeep for that matter.

bread's done
Back