Invader Zim: Operation DOOM Pre-Order $12.99

Caddywompus21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Invader-Zim-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B004GTVU7S/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

I not anlot of info on this but it appears to be the 6 highest rated episodes to air on Nicktoons, After reading the reviews, this is a result of some rabid fans bombarding Nickelodeon with phone calls entitled Operation Head Pigeons. Nickelodeon is gauging the interest in a third season of Ivader Zim. Can you spare $13 for a good cause?

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just saw this on Amazon about 20 minutes before you posted. I didn't realize this show was that old, I guess it flew by me 10 years ago. My daughter enjoys it though, we always watch it on Nick and have it on Netflix.

I'm a huge fan of the show, but I'd never want a new season. Jhonen Vasquez made the show what it was, and I'm pretty sure he would never work with Nick again.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm a huge fan of the show, but I'd never want a new season. Jhonen Vasquez made the show what it was, and I'm pretty sure he would never work with Nick again.[/QUOTE]

This. There is no way the show would be the same so long after the fact. Now if they decided to re-release the box sets, I'd be down with that

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh man...I already have the series set, not sure if I'd get this even if it is just to show Nick how much I love the show.[/QUOTE]
same here. Also had no clue the box set was selling for so much....maybe I could part with mine

you did read the first post right?[quote name='tranceFusion']So is this just a "Best of" disc of the old episodes?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Caddywompus21']http://www.amazon.com/Invader-Zim-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B004GTVU7S/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

I not alot of info on this but it appears to be the 6 highest rated episodes to air on Nicktoons, After reading the reviews, this is a result of some rabid fans bombarding Nickelodeon with phone calls entitled Operation Head Pigeons. Nickelodeon is gauging the interest in a third season of Ivader Zim. Can you spare $13 for a good cause?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fieldkillah']I love my Zim house box set (with the GIR figure).[/QUOTE]

I have the Complete Invasion (3 vol. set) I bought a few years back. Loved that show. :lol:

[quote name='shadowkast']you did read the first post right?[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah but I don't know wth nicktoons is and I didn't know if these were new shorts or the original episodes or what.

Would like a third season, but Vasquez will probably never work with Nick again (as JSP said), so I'm going to go ahead and let this fly by.

If it was on Blu, I'd buy.

A best-of dvd would have made sense if the complete series had not yet been printed; fans that have the complete series have no real reason to buy this, and those that don't have the series would likely prefer the complete series to a few episodes. If they want to gauge interest, they can reprint the Complete Invasion and watch it sell out again. And as others have said, I doubt Vasquez will ever work for Nick again. I also agree a best-of blu would sell.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Uh yeah but I don't know wth nicktoons is and I didn't know if these were new shorts or the original episodes or what.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I got the name wrong, I believe Nicktoons was/is a dedicated channel to Nickelodeon cartoons.

I'm on the fence, I wanted to gauge the reaction to some Zim fans. Depending on the episodes, I might get it because it would make a great gift to introduce someone into the series.

Nick is just toying with us anyway, they're too busy trying to get a slice of Disney's teenie-bopper stars to care about real entertainment.

Remember when Doug went to ABC? Gawd what a mess, season 3 would be the same result without JV.

Complete series reprint or nothing. For me, it wasn't about an individual episode's story that made it great, it was the 3-to-30-seconds-at-a-time bursts of insane genius that were peppered throughout the entire series.

An alternative to Neflix is to buy the entire series through Amazon Video On Demand for $22. ($8 S1, $8 S2, $6 S3)

[quote name='Kerig']Complete series reprint or nothing. For me, it wasn't about an individual episode's story that made it great, it was the 3-to-30-seconds-at-a-time bursts of insane genius that were peppered throughout the entire series.

An alternative to Neflix is to buy the entire series through Amazon Video On Demand for $22. ($8 S1, $8 S2, $6 S3)[/QUOTE]

It looks like the first and second season are available new straight from amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Invader-Zim-S...6388/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297657854&sr=8-2

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Those are Amazon's "On Demand" service. They burn the dvds when you place the order. Honestly you're better off spending another 10 bucks and buying all 3 volumes on ebay. They usually go for 40-70 without the house. Still pricey.[/QUOTE]

55 bucks for that?? Can't I do that myself for $2? Wow..

No way this is a gauge for a new show. Sounds like a way to increase sales of a random product nick is releasing.

Would the sales of the original dvd be enough? If not why would a collection of random episodes be?

Do not want New season it would not be the same without JV's input

In case anyone hadn't hear there is going to be a Zim and Haruhi crossover movie it was announced April of last year

[youtube]Ozc_zHWo9jk[/youtube]

I'm still not sure how I feel about it I'm a huge Haruhi and Zim fan, but this seems more like milking the two franchises than creating a good crossover. I'm still going to stay optimistic though it could be good.

[quote name='KornKid91']Do not want New season it would not be the same without JV's input

In case anyone hadn't hear there is going to be a Zim and Haruhi crossover movie it was announced April of last year

[youtube]Ozc_zHWo9jk[/youtube]

I'm still not sure how I feel about it I'm a huge Haruhi and Zim fan, but this seems more like milking the two franchises than creating a good crossover. I'm still going to stay optimistic though it could be good.[/QUOTE]

Dude... Check the upload date of that video. :p

I doubt Invader Zim will ever come back no matter how good that DVD sells, and even if it somehow did come back it would be a shell of it's former self, all new writers I'm sure too.

@Hao oh shit That was the greatest April fools joke ever I spent almost a year thinking that was real, damn they got me real good. If you hadn't pointed that out I probably would have never figured that out and assumed this had been canceled. Man do I look stupid

I thought the Nicerodean was just them trying to be funny.

bread's done
Back