Invader Zim Problems

unicron129

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I am on my third Invader Zim: Complete Invasion boxset. I returned 2 of them at Best Buy and I never checked my third until this week. It turns out that like 4 months after I bought the first boxset, this one has a problem too. My discs 3 and 6 cannot be read by any of my DVD players. I tried calling Media Blasters (the comany that made it) and I tried customer service, but I had to leave a message since the lady did not pick up. Anyone have any advice? (the website does not have an email address)

[quote name='unicron129']I am on my third Invader Zim: Complete Invasion boxset. I returned 2 of them at Best Buy and I never checked my third until this week. It turns out that like 4 months after I bought the first boxset, this one has a problem too. My discs 3 and 6 cannot be read by any of my DVD players. I tried calling Media Blasters (the comany that made it) and I tried customer service, but I had to leave a message since the lady did not pick up. Anyone have any advice? (the website does not have an email address)[/quote]

Hmm, i have a set i never opened. I hope i don't have an issue. Usually don't open things until i get to them...

[quote name='unicron129']I am on my third Invader Zim: Complete Invasion boxset. I returned 2 of them at Best Buy and I never checked my third until this week. It turns out that like 4 months after I bought the first boxset, this one has a problem too. My discs 3 and 6 cannot be read by any of my DVD players. I tried calling Media Blasters (the comany that made it) and I tried customer service, but I had to leave a message since the lady did not pick up. Anyone have any advice? (the website does not have an email address)[/QUOTE]

This isn't really a way to rectify it, but if all else fails Amazon's got it for $16 if you decide to replace the set.

For what it's worth, the one I ordered a few months ago seems to be fine. Haven't checked disc 3, but disc 6 was fine - there's apparently at least one functional copy out there.

[quote name='unicron129'] I had to leave a message since the lady did not pick up. [/QUOTE]Then.....how did you know it was a lady?

All my Zim discs work.

Media Blaster's email is [email protected]

good luck

[quote name='chakan']Then.....how did you know it was a lady?

All my Zim discs work.

Media Blaster's email is [email protected]

good luck[/quote]

Well apparently there is only one lady for customer service because it said her name and she left a message saying that she might be with another customer or that she is not at her desk.

Thanks for the email address.

Man, I was so excited to finally find Media Blasters' email address at long last. Unfortunately, my emails were bounced back undeliverable. That is one hard company to get a hold of!

Anyone else have an email address for Media Blasters?

I bought the singles as they were released, the most trouble I had was when I got volume 2 and it had two identical discs in it. >_< I bought it at Walmart though so it was easy to take it back and exchange it for a new copy.

The side that the laser reads (ie- shiny side) looks weird, like maybe they weren't evenly pressed, but they play fine on my DVD player.

Anyway, hope you get the problem straightened out. I'm a huge Invader ZIM fan (obviously), and I'd hate for you to miss all the awesomeness. :)

I still have not heard from customer service. I saw all the episodes except for the last two. My disc 3 just doesn't feel like playing on my PS2, but it plays fine everywhere else.

I really like Invader Zim and its a shame that the sets are such low quality. ZIM DEMANDS THAT ANIME WORKS OBEY THE FIST! OBEEEEY IT!

no, its weird. Disc 3 doesn't play on my PS2, but it plays on my other DVD players (and it has a green substance on the side that I cant clean). Disc 6 however, cant play at all in my other DVD players, but my PS2 can play the first three episodes with no problems, but gets a disc read error when I try to play the last two.

Just an FYI- today's update email from RACS said that Media Blasters didn't renew the Zim liscense, and the DVDs are now out of print.

Whatever you opt to do for a fix, you should probably do it fairly soon...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Just an FYI- today's update email from RACS said that Media Blasters didn't renew the Zim liscense, and the DVDs are now out of print.

Whatever you opt to do for a fix, you should probably do it fairly soon...[/quote]

You think anyone else will pick it up?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You think anyone else will pick it up?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say... as far as primarily anime-releasing companies go, only Funimation is a viable option for a new liscense, but the rumor mill currently says they're trying to pick up some of Geneon's old catalog, so I doubt they'll go after Zim anytime soon.

Of course, my speciality is in the anime companies- and since Zim isn't anime, there's a whole slew of DVD publishers out there I know nothing about who might want it.

bread's done
Back