Invisible Shield or Martin Fields?

imascrub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looking for a screen protector for the slim psp. Just got the Hori portable filter from Fry's for $6.50 or so, but either I didn't apply it right, or these types of screens just apply this way. Basically for some reason the left and bottom edges don't seem to stick all the way on the screen. You can clearly see that the rest of the protector is on, but that just the very edges on the left side and bottom look like they're not on, so you can kind of see it when the PSP is on. That and also the protector is smaller than the actual PSP screen, so it leaves a thin border of exposed screen around the protector.

So I'm wondering which of the two in the topic is better? I have an invisible shield as the protector for my phone and it is quite good, but I know nothing about Martin Fields (though reviews generally are good. Then again, reviews for the Hori were good on play-asia too. Maybe the Japanese/Asian market version is slightly different than the American one I dunno), and they're about the same price ($12 or so before shipping). I think I'd rather have one that is slightly bigger than the screen, just to make sure the entire screen is protected.

Is Martin Fields' protector the kind that is applied by the silicon layer or whatever? Those are the kinds of protectors that I seem to have bad luck with. I always get the same result which is the one I described above, where one or more edges doesn't look like it's on. On my DS Lite I got a screen protector made by Keys Factory, and though the protector for the top screen is practically perfect, the protector on the bottom has the same result as the PSP, except on the top and bottom edges. The bottom protector also does not cover the entire screen, leaving a very slight strip of exposed screen on the right side. Unlike the PSP though, this should be free from dust/grim buildup right on the since the DS is always closed when not in use, but obviously not for the PSP.

I have an Invisible Shield on my Zen Vision M. It looks great and works great and is garaunteed for life, but it was the hugest pain in the ass to install. If it wasn't for my girlfriend and her nerves of steel it would have turned out terribly.

I can't recommend it enough, but make sure you or someone you know and trust is really great at applying something like that.

You can see a pic of it if you CML.

I 2nd the invisible shield.. but yeah its a pain to install, and when I ddi mine, I thought I had too much water on mine and shorted out my PSP, but luckily I did not :)

Play-asia.com has 3 different Hori proctectors. What's the difference between Liquid Crystal Filter Portable, Portal Liquid Crystal Filter, and Portable Liquid Crystal Filter Plus?

I've had a full body kit from invisible shield for my blackberry for a while but it started to accumulate grunge on the edges of the stickers, eventually i just peeled it all off except for the one on the screen which still has the same problem but i'm too lazy to do anything about it. For my psp I use a javoedge one, it's much easier to install in comparison and its a stiff one so you wont have to worry about it sticking to itself or other things when you peel it off its sticker.

you can check it out here, i am totally satisfied with it, except that i installed it a bit crooked :(

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/productCatalog/getProduct.do?poid=334&pbmId=914

oh let me add that the javoedge one covers most of the front surface of the psp so you dont have to worry about funny things going on with the edge of the screen

[quote name='decon']Play-asia.com has 3 different Hori proctectors. What's the difference between Liquid Crystal Filter Portable, Portal Liquid Crystal Filter, and Portable Liquid Crystal Filter Plus?[/quote]

I think the one I got from Fry's is US version of the filter portable one
"Protective Filter Portable" product number "UHPP-01"

I think one of those Hori's is a privacy filter, which basically reduces the viewing angle so people can't peek to the side or stare over your shoulder while you're playing.

bread's done
Back