Invisible Shields 40% off through 12/22

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have one of these on my PSP, and two on my DS screens, and I swear by them. They are made out of the same material used to coat helicopter rotor blades; tough stuff.

Anyone, once you order, you get replacements for life. They only charge you about $3.00 postage. I found customer service to be very nice, also.

Getting them on can be a bit of a bitch. Just wash your hands first, and run them under the sink. After that, spray both the screen and the protector with the included bottle, and use the tool to get out any bubbles.

For the DS, the slighter smaller protector goes on the bottom.

www.shieldzone.com/40off

Hmmm... That seems like a bit o green for a piece of plastic, I'd really prefer to get some hands on time.

I have to say I was kinda disopionted once I read the first post, reading the Thread title I was expecticing to replace my old invisable shield with a new one or even better a over shield.........oh well.

they're fantastic, i can vouch. I got my ipod somtime in july or august, and applied it right out of the box. to this date, even the coating has yet to get a scratch or smudge or anything of the kind. it's incredible, i just keep it in my pocket with that, and it is still crystal clear.

its not like any normal plastic you'd apply, its crazy. watch the videos they have on their site of the scratch tests. they're 100% true. crazy stuff.

I love my psp one also. The price was the only thing I wasn't overly fond of. I guess your paying the little bit extra for a lifetime gaurantee though.

I have the "exact same thing" shield on my creative vision zen:m and it has quite a few scratches, although it IS massively better than an unprotected device. I'm not sure invisible shield would be better, since I haven't tried one yet. Has anyone tried both?

Also, it got some DEET sprayed on it late in the summer (bug repellent) and that left permanant smudges on it.

Anyone else know of things that DID damage their shields??? Worth taking it off and replacing with the invisible shield?

awesome. I've been wanting some of these for a while but held out because of price. I picked up two for our cell phones(which aren't on BSE). $25 each was a bit much, but I can swing $15 each on sale.

Thanks!

[quote name='js1']I have bestskinsever DS lite full body one:
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-27/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Total/Detail

I looked up some comparisons: http://www.gamershell.com/articles/1010.html

Same damn product except best skins ever cost less, but they also don't have a lifetime warranty either.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-template/faq/Page

And as far as getting them on, use some soapy water and a credit card to get the air bubbles out.[/QUOTE]

I have a BestSkinsEver on my Motorola Q and an invisible shield on my Sony Ericsson w810i. I definitely prefer the Invisible Shield because it definitely feels smoother after you put it on.

I just bought the write and protect pack from Bestbuy for $9.00, I may just take that back since I haven't opened it and grab the invisible shield one.

I'm on my 3rd set of screen protectors (3rd party, don't remember which one) for my DS because my parents keep scratching the crap out of them. Hopefully this sucker will solve my problem. Thanks OP!

[quote name='getmyrunon']I picked up a PSP protector. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

how do you get the free shipping? i added a ds lite screen shield to my cart, went through all the registration crap, finally got to shipping and the cheapest option was UPS $7, for something that weighs an ounce probably, i don't think so.

is there a trick to getting free shipping?

Wow, for 9 bucks you can get the full shield for psp. I'm wondering, anyone think it might be better to get just the screen cover? The price diff is just a buck, but I think that if you got the full shield, it might not stick so tight on some of the curves, and especially the top where the surface has dimples. I dunno if I care about body scratches anyways.

Free USPS shipping was an option for me right off the bat. Didn't need to go through any tricks, it was available on the pull down. I'm located in CA if it makes a difference.

[quote name='Zmanmurf']Wow, for 9 bucks you can get the full shield for psp. I'm wondering, anyone think it might be better to get just the screen cover? The price diff is just a buck, but I think that if you got the full shield, it might not stick so tight on some of the curves, and especially the top where the surface has dimples. I dunno if I care about body scratches anyways.[/QUOTE]

No, I have one for my PSP. I handles all the curves; it cuts off right before the dimples.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']No, I have one for my PSP. I handles all the curves; it cuts off right before the dimples.[/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks, gonna order one right now.

took advantage of this, these shields are amazing. the videos on the site are for reals, my friend took his key and just went at it on this shield.

[quote name='jrutz']These things look really hard to apply. Thoughts?[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.. I don't want to mess up my PSP or screw up the protector when applying it. Is it hard to apply?

I was thinking maybe the iS would be a great idea once I get a black DS Lite because it will likely be far less prone to fingerprints!

I hate these things. The screen cover for the DS is horrible becuase it feels rubbery and is not at all useful when playing touch-heavy games like EBA. Also, dirt/lint can build up under the little flaps that round out the corners and for anal folks such as myself, this is a big turnoff (especially when it concerns my pearly-white DS). I do admit that the product is tough as nails and the return policy works like a charm. Just not for me I guess.

hm i was considering this for my ds lite, but does it really make it harder to use the stylus pen on the lower screen?

i can see how it might feel that way it looks like the soft plastic that can probably get the stylus pen caught on itself while moving over the screen.

I'm using some Nintendo licensed screen protectors that I got in Japan when I got my DS Lite, and although the top screen is fine, the bottom screen's edges have a kind of funk around them. Like there was some tape that was stuck on there and tried to be removed. It doesn't really bother me all that much though. Using the pen is fine too since it's a hard plastic type protector, though it is scratched up a tiny bit.

I guess I'll just probably get a protector for my phone

I ordered the DS lite screen protector. Does anyone else have anything good/bad to say about the touch screen protector and if it messes up the touch screen sensitivity?

I saw the official Hori screen protectors for the DS at Fry's for $6.99. I didn't know stores here carried them for some reason and I ordered them from play-asia. I felt stupid for buying them online after seeing them sitting there at Fry's.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I saw the official Hori screen protectors for the DS at Fry's for $6.99. I didn't know stores here carried them for some reason and I ordered them from play-asia. I felt stupid for buying them online after seeing them sitting there at Fry's.[/quote]
Int erms of screen protectors, I have gone through Pelican, InvisibleShield, Hori and Intec(?). Hori have by far been the best choice. They are the clearest and go on super smooth and the sensitivity is fantastic. I imagine a good pairing would be the InvisibleShield DS cover and the Hori screen protector. I will do this if I ever purchase a black DS.

[quote name='somahead33']Int erms of screen protectors, I have gone through Pelican, InvisibleShield, Hori and Intec(?). Hori have by far been the best choice. They are the clearest and go on super smooth and the sensitivity is fantastic. I imagine a good pairing would be the InvisibleShield DS cover and the Hori screen protector. I will do this if I ever purchase a black DS.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about a combo as well as I currently have Intec's screen protectors on right now. Maybe just save the InvisibleShield ones for later. I currently have no problems with the Intec ones. I've had them on since the Lite came out.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']No, I have one for my PSP. I handles all the curves; it cuts off right before the dimples.[/QUOTE]

Does the shield reduce screen quality at all? From the videos its hard to tell what the screen looks like

i have the hori one for my ds lite but it's partly scratched inside now (the protector), is this a pretty good alternative? no sticky substance or whatsoever?

[quote name='newtype06']i have the hori one for my ds lite but it's partly scratched inside now (the protector), is this a pretty good alternative? no sticky substance or whatsoever?[/QUOTE]
Just buy more Hori screen protectors. They're only $6.99 at Fry's, if you have a Fry's.

I ordered Sunday night and haven't received a shipping confirmation email from them yet. I'm thinking about cancelling the order and just getting the hori protectors or pelican write and protect pack.

Two things...
1. This deal seems to still be active, which I found surprising
2. Are HORI protectors available B&M anywhere other than Fry's? Are they available anywhere with free shipping?

I used cheapass free shipping and got mine today :).

EDIT: Just opened it. I ordered screen shields for my DS and DS Lite, and this is what I was charged. However, they shipped a full body shield for the DS Lite instead of just the screen shield. Cool!

bread's done
Back