Invisible Shields 40% off through 12/22

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have one of these on my PSP, and two on my DS screens, and I swear by them. They are made out of the same material used to coat helicopter rotor blades; tough stuff.

Anyone, once you order, you get replacements for life. They only charge you about $3.00 postage. I found customer service to be very nice, also.

Getting them on can be a bit of a bitch. Just wash your hands first, and run them under the sink. After that, spray both the screen and the protector with the included bottle, and use the tool to get out any bubbles.

For the DS, the slighter smaller protector goes on the bottom.

www.shieldzone.com/40off

I received my cell phone body shields yesterday. Took about 30 mins. to apply. Looks fantastic.

Every order comes with a coupon with a link for another 40% off. When you type in the url though it just redirects to the 40off page. The coupon says the deal is good until 12/22.

If I put this on a PSP, will it make it "smudge-proof?" I don't like how I read that you need to spray some liquid before applying the shield. Doesn't that make it messy if you ever take it off?

Cool! Thanks a lot OP. I'd never seen these things in action before, but the website's videos convinced me to replace my 2G Nano iSkin with the Invisible Shield. I also ordered some DS Lite screen shields - hopefully I'll be lucky enough as that other guy and somehow get a full set of shields for the DS! Haha!

All that for 20.94 - seems like a great deal to me!

I'm kinda pissed right now, I ordered last Sunday and paid for the priority shipping since I am going on a trip on Monday and wanted to use the protector on my new sealed DSL.

I called them up yesterday morning and the lady I talked to said that the protectors shipped out on Monday (but I never received confirmation). She also said I could call back and have replacements shipped out to me if the protectors didn't arrive yesterday afternoon when the mail comes.

I waited to see if they would come in today, and still nothing... Looks like I'll be calling them back on Monday morning.

I got both mine applied and they are awesome. Only problems comes from my lack of skill and minor debris that got under them. With the spray liquid its easy to fix problems.

$6.45 shipping and $15 for the shield itself? Not sure if this is worth it...
EDIT: Nevermind. Just found the free shipping option and the videos of the thing in action, wow. Thanks OP!

Seems like a great option for my black DS Lite which is full of fingerprints...but I'm a noob when it comes to screen covers and it seems like it'll be a bit difficult to apply these.

[quote name='Zmanmurf']Does the shield reduce screen quality at all? From the videos its hard to tell what the screen looks like[/QUOTE]

Not at all. You can barely tell it's there. You'll only notice around the edges, if applied correctly.

[quote name='crazytalkx']$6.45 shipping and $15 for the shield itself? Not sure if this is worth it...
EDIT: Nevermind. Just found the free shipping option and the videos of the thing in action, wow. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
What is the code if you don't mind sharing?

Wow...deal extended. Nice. I missed out on it the first time. And what's this free shipping option crazytalk mentioned a few posts up? Is it actually a shipping option they have or a code I have to put in at checkout? Thanks.

Hopefully I'll be receiving a full body DS Lite shield for Christmas...
So might I ask what the proper technique to apply them is? Spray the liquid on the protector and then apply?
Can they be taken off and re-applied if I fuck up, or would I need to send 'em back for replacements?

Thanks OP! I've heard great things about these so I ordered one for my PSP (to go with my MGS:pO case) and one for my Sony Ericsson w810i phone.

I used the free shipping option (7-8 days) and it ended up only $15!

These really are awesome. I've yet to get a scratch on mine and I have had one of these full body shields covering my DS Lite since June. At first, the touch screen feels slightly more resistant and rubbery, but you "break it in" in about a week and get used to it and it becomes just fine. They are a bitch to get on, but once you manage to get it on right, it's very rewarding. It's doubtful you'll ever have to worry about screen protection again on the device; I haven't and it's been six months nearly.

I fixed the bigger imperfection on my treo screen. It was really easy. Pulled it back a bit, used the spray, got the debris out and squeegeed it back down.

Thanks OP, just got my 4G ipod shield in and liked it so much I decided to order one for my DS Lite as well!

Does that applesauce spray scratch remover for iPod work for the PS3 since I'm pretty sure they both use glossy paint?

[quote name='Xizer']These really are awesome. I've yet to get a scratch on mine and I have had one of these full body shields covering my DS Lite since June. At first, the touch screen feels slightly more resistant and rubbery, but you "break it in" in about a week and get used to it and it becomes just fine. They are a bitch to get on, but once you manage to get it on right, it's very rewarding. It's doubtful you'll ever have to worry about screen protection again on the device; I haven't and it's been six months nearly.[/quote]

I just put mine on earlier and the stylus wants to stick to the touch screen. It's almost impossible for me to do good at all on Clubhouse Games bowling. When you "break it in" does the stylus actually stop sticking to the screen or did you just get used to the sticking?

I wish I would have got one of these for my ipod before it turned into a paper weight, lol. Getting one for my DS lite, thanks.

Thanks OP, just ordered my psp a complete front shield. I'm tired of having to carry it in a case just to prevent it from being scratched.

wow these shields are weak, i got a bit of dust trapped inside my nano and when i tried to budge it from the outside with my fingernails, it left a dent on my shield.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']wow these shields are weak, i got a bit of dust trapped inside my nano and when i tried to budge it from the outside with my fingernails, it left a dent on my shield.[/quote]
I had a hell of a time with the application process as well. I absolutley destroyed my skin on my first attmept with my iPod and had to get a replacement. The policy states no replacement for user error but the Apple logo came off when I tried to reapply and stuck to the shield making it look as though it was applied by a four year old. Give it a couple of days as tiny bubbles and some dents work themselves out over time. hopefully this is the case in your situation.

all shields with a silicone adhesive are like that. i had one from some reputable european company same thing, the silicone rubs off.

just gotta be careful

Well I got mine today for the PSP (complete front shield) and apllied it, it was pretty easy laying it down, but I think I over did it on the solution.. I sure hope to hell none of it leaked inside the buttons or cracks in the PSP when I was squeegeeing it out and shorts anything out.. I was pretty carefule and I did remove the battery before installation, though.
Also the part on the upper right edge (near the triangle and circle buttons) doesnt seem to want to stick down..is that something that's normally like that , or will it "settle" in after the 24 hours after applying it? Also I cleaned the hell out of my PSP before applying it, but the surface of the shield doesn't seem that"shiny". Is it supposed to be like that?

the surface of the screen will appear dimply when you view it at an angle in light, but when looking at it head on it'll look clear.

I just put one on my phone and it's pretty nice so far, though I had to apply it twice to get it right, it's nice though with the solution that you can apply and adjust it, instead of having to lay it down right the first time which is almost impossible for me. I had to reapply my first screen protector like 5 times before getting it right, and by that time there was some dust under the screen that I couldn't remove cuz the sticky side was so damn sticky lol.

Well, I'm not going to turn the PSP on for 24 hours like it says, just to be safe.. I guess if it looks screwed up I can start over and reapply it, but I'm afraid I'm going to run out of the spray.. can I just use some water or something?

I had to make a second order and get some of the applesauce polish and a shield for my ipod. I haven't been rough with my ipod at all, but it's scratched all to hell.

For the poster that was almost out of solution, I think it only costs 60 cents or so. Of course, you would then have to wait around for it to arrive in the mail.

All the solution is, is soap water. You can make your own with dish detergent. I work at a sign company and we apply these kinds of things day in and day out. Soap water works wonders. It only takes a drop of soap though mixed with your water.

I've had my shield on my phone for about a week now, my brother as well. They are nice, but something like that, that goes in your pocket all day-every day, seems to collect dust. Not a lot, mind you, but a tiny bit.

Thanks op.

Purchased one for my nano. Heard good things about these, but was wary of the price. This was enough to convince me. Hopefully it won't be too hard to apply.

@ RiCeBo1

They do custom orders too.

Arg...if only I had seen this before ordering the complete front shield for my PSP. I love the stuff though. I have the full body shield for my black DS lite and my 30gb ipod, and a screen shield for my SLVR.

I guess I can buy the full body shield for my SLVR. Thanks OP.

Put it on my 30 gig Ipod. Pretty freaking sweet, the application process was a bit troublesome (had to reapply it) but it looks great now, flawless except there's a part that isn't protected (the side lining on the Ipod where the front and back meet).

I have an Invisible Shield on my mp3 player and cell phone and they really are great and worth the money. Don't like having cases on them cause it increases their size...and like not having to worry about scratches on the screen. These things are tough as hell.

Ok, some tips for you guys concerning application.

- First, make sure your system/device is clean. Try to eliminate all dust and fingerprints. I bought a soft pack of optical cleaners. They are moist, lint-free towelettes, that are used to clean glasses, binoculars, scopes, etc. I love 'em.

- Now, before you start the application, you may want to remove the battery, just to be safe.

- Then, wash your hands thoroughly. Scrub those fingertips with soap and water.

- Peel off your invisible shield, and run under water. Use the spray and COAT the shield with a mist, also spray some on your device screen . Like other activities- the wetter, the better!

- Now apply your shield to the device, slide it around until in is centered, and it lays completely flat. Now use the included black tool to squeegee all the liquid from under the shield. This should take about 20-30 strokes. Re squeegee every five minutes or so for the next 20 minutes. Blot any excess liquid coming out the side of the shield.

- Now, let sit for 24 hours or so.

- If you screw up, don't panic. Pull the shield up, resoak, and reapply.

- If you need more liquid, use a drop of soap in a vial full of water. Or just put a dot of dishsoap on the shield, and run underwater, scrubbing a bit.

Your final invisable shield should have no visable bubbles. I've applied several that are truly invisible. The only way you can see them, it to look at the texture in the light, and you'll see broad dimples.

bread's done
Back