io9.com replacement

chimpian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
hello all,
Not sure if anyone really cares or not but www.io9.com recently went thru a re-design and the new format blows and my computer and I hate it.

I am looking for a site that is as good/better then io9 in terms of science news/sci fi stuff/ new books/ movies/ comics/ tv/ etc.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,

I know what you guys mean. All gawker sites turned to crap with the redesign. I even removed their RSS feeds since they only give you part of the page (assholes). The AOL sites are pretty good counterparts, but I don't know if they have an io9 equivalent.

If you switch to "Blog View" on the top menu rather than "Top Story" it makes the redesign a little easier to live with. Although I do hope they realize what a failure the redesign is and roll back to the older look.

[quote name='Lice']I hate it too but I found that if you add /#!classic to the gawker sites the format is very close to the old way.

http://io9.com/#!classic

Not bad, I bookmarked I09 and kotaku with the classic url.[/QUOTE]

or if you add ca. instead of www., it IS the old style for kotaku. Don't think it works with io9.. but ca.kotaku.com is the old style view

bread's done
Back