Iowa Deal Thread and Iowa Cheapass gamers

Gamerz in Ankeny closed
I found out only by going to do a trade and seeing a completely vacant storefront. My nephew is friends with a couple of the employees, and they said it was business as usual one day, then all the inventory got moved to West Des Moines the next. I think employees got reassigned to either West Des Moines or the southside location on SE 14th St.

Their TIVs were sucking hard lately, without adjustments to their used prices to make up for the huge differences. And their website was abysmal after they stopped doing individual categories for various systems and just lumped everything into a single huge list.

They still rely VERY heavily on eBay sales to help make payroll and for overhead.

And their website was abysmal after they stopped doing individual categories for various systems and just lumped everything into a single huge list.
Yeah I noticed that as well, very annoying the page would always take a few minutes to load to find out that your game is worth $1.50 :p

Hey CAGs - weird request here.

I live in St. Louis and there is an item on facebook marketplace for sale that I would really love. It is located in Waterloo IA, unfortunately. I'm wondering if anyone that lives close to there would be willing to pick it up and ship to me? I will gladly pay all shipping and mileage for your trouble and I'll throw in an extra $20 for your time(this thing isn't worth driving an hour for - so I'm hoping I can get someone local) to the area.

Link to item - https://www.facebook...25614874628044/

This has some sentimental value to me, which is the only reason I'm willing to go through the trouble of asking. Not even sure this forum is ever looked at. Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back