iPhone 3GS

Tetsugen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm pretty much in the doghouse right now, I had forgotten to get someone really important a gift for Christmas (relating to work).

I'm curious if you guys could tell me where the cheapest place to pick up a unlocked black 32g 3GS iPhone is ? I'm not going to sign onto any plans given that this is a gift, I would rather buy the iPhone outright, and after a quick eBay search it's showing that most of them are in the 800+ range. Any help would be appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live near an Apple store you can get one outright not on contract, but it is locked to whichever one of the four carriers you choose. They are $599/699/799 depending on which model you want.

iPhones are very easy to unlock and it is quite common for people to unlock them. I would recommend looking at Kijji/Cragslist first and if that doesn't work, then going with c_of_red's idea and then unlocking it yourself.

But if you did go with a contract and wanted something other than an iPhone, Rogers has a really good boxing week sale on. A bunch of their smart phones are on for $1 on a 3-year contract. I got myself a Blackberry Bold 9000 and a $50/month data plan, they also had another deal on so I didn't pay the $35 activation fee.

[quote name='RchrdJ']iPhones are very easy to unlock and it is quite common for people to unlock them. I would recommend looking at Kijji/Cragslist first and if that doesn't work, then going with c_of_red's idea and then unlocking it yourself.

But if you did go with a contract and wanted something other than an iPhone, Rogers has a really good boxing week sale on. A bunch of their smart phones are on for $1 on a 3-year contract. I got myself a Blackberry Bold 9000 and a $50/month data plan, they also had another deal on so I didn't pay the $35 activation fee.[/QUOTE]

Did you get free 6PM calling as well? I know out west we had that promo going (on top of the other stuff)

bread's done
Back