iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Damn, I'm torn -- I'd really rather have the DS version, but this is less than a sixth the cost of that.

Has anyone played both versions that can offer up a comparison?[/QUOTE]

From IGN's review:

"Assassin's Creed II: Discovery for the iPhone is a port of an existing Nintendo DS game with several enhancements, such as improved visuals and audio. It also introduces a new struggle mechanic when you clash swords with an enemy. But beyond these additions, the core of Discovery is essentially the same."

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/106/1065682p1.html

[quote name='seanr1221']Wait, I thought you could have an iTunes account linked to 5 computers. Why would it make you erase everything?[/QUOTE]I have my account linked on 5 computers (which I should probably release) since I think I only need it linked to 2 computer, maybe 3, at the moment.

That being said, when I reformatted this computer and relinked it to my account, I was able to move all the games off of the iPod, but when I go into applications so it'll sync new apps to and from the device is says "Are you sure you want to sync applications? All existing applications and their data on the iPod 'MAITE' will be replaced with applications from this iTunes library." So I can only assume that I will be losing my saves, though I hope I don't. I'll update.

EDIT: Woot! It didn't delete my games and data. It just removed the ones I told it to do and kept the rest in tact. Crisis averted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wiendog']This is OpenFeint's featured free game today. It looks like a total ripoff of Implode!, right down to the visual style. I'll check it out though, because I love Implode!.

How does this compare to implode? Did you try it yet?[/QUOTE]

The controls are great. I think Implode! could take a cue from how to place the bombs from them, but that being said, the smaller bombs (dynamite) don't seem to do as much damage as you would think, so you end up using large bombs for a lot of things. I've only spent a few minutes so far, but it's worth a free download for sure.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Spartacus: Blood and Sand (http://appshopper.com/games/spartacus-blood-and-sand) has dropped from $5 to free "for a limited time only." If you don't have Blades of Glory (or even if you do, I suppose) this seems like a decent little hack 'n slasher.[/QUOTE]

I was just coming here to post this in case it hasn't been posted yet...
I'm not sure how good a game it is, but the graphics are nice and the price is great. I'd lean towards it being a rarity in terms of free games...

I said it a couple days ago. I would buy Tilt to Live for $0.99. I asked them for a sale and they delivered. I am now the proud owner of Tilt to live.

I just got Tilt to Live and played my first game. I really dig it! It's like pacifism in Geometry Wars 2, but I can play this anywhere. :)

[quote name='musicman65000']This thread is awesome! I just got an Ipod Touch and was looking for some guidance in terms of apps. :bouncy: Lots of info here! Thx!:applause::booty:[/QUOTE]

Best advice I can give is watch this thread and download BargainBin app on ur touch... you'll get so much good free stuff its scary.

Is anyone else as sick of this renewed infatuation with zombies as I am?

Unless like Bethesda or Valve made a Night of the Living Dead game. I'd buy that.

Not on sale (yet) but Com2Us's new game Heavy Gunner 3D looks pretty hot.

@etcrane: don't get me wrong, I'm a zombie flick fan since childhood, I wanted to be Tom savini when I was a kid, but this steady stream of zombie-related shovelware is just annoying.

Haha, yeah I was just teasing ... it's true, these sorts of things definitely come in waves .. for awhile ninjas were really popular, now zombies are back en vogue, soon it will be pirates ... I'd rather see some quality zombie stuff though .... of course you do have to admit plants vs. zombies is pretty solid.

I want that NOW.

*hugs his iPhone*

I finally picked up Mini-Gore. What a fun and simple game. Definitely my favorite twin-stick shooter on the platform.

[quote name='etcrane']Haha, yeah I was just teasing ... it's true, these sorts of things definitely come in waves .. for awhile ninjas were really popular, now zombies are back en vogue, soon it will be pirates ... I'd rather see some quality zombie stuff though .... of course you do have to admit plants vs. zombies is pretty solid.[/QUOTE]

You forgot vampires. Those have been ruined, too. VERY ruined.

Yes! Just went 8:21 on Tilt To Live and got a new high score of 9.8 million and change. Put me in the number 8 slot on the leader boards. This is so damn addictive. Add me on Agon - Malik112099

[quote name='Vegan']You forgot vampires. Those have been ruined, too. VERY ruined.[/QUOTE]
What? No they haven't. Unless you're referencing Twilight, in which case you're apparently apart of a huge group of nerd raging losers.

Cosigned on Tilt to Live being fantastic and addictive. It's like Pacifism mode from Geometry Wars, with awesome animation and presentation. I find the tilt controls perfect to boot; they've got a good heft to them, so you don't end up twitchy and flying all over the place. Well worth 99 cents.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']What? No they haven't. Unless you're referencing Twilight, in which case you're apparently apart of a huge group of nerd raging losers.[/QUOTE]

Twilight initiated the opening of a vampire floodgate. It's pretty saturated lately if you've been paying attention.

Just a question about the removed apps due to censorship
I was wondering if there was a way to repurchase them or to be shared?
:( I wanted to play DOA Kasumi Blackjack

[quote name='lobitoh']Just a question about the removed apps due to censorship
I was wondering if there was a way to repurchase them or to be shared?
:( I wanted to play DOA Kasumi Blackjack[/QUOTE]

I think the only way to share apps, would be to sync your touch to someone elses's computer who has it, and download their entire thing to yours, but you lose everything you had.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Is there anyway to hook a mic up to an iPod touch?[/QUOTE]

You can use a pair of headphones that has a mic built into it. I got a 3rd gen 32Gb a few weeks ago and it came with a headset and mic in the package with it.

To have fun with ? Probably. To do serious recording .. eh .. probably not. It works well enough on the voices notes and such and comes through pretty clear but not on the level with what the guy was using in the video.

I haven't actually tried it with that software yet. I keep debating picking it up after watching that video but haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you watch the tutorial video linked at the end of the video posted above it goes into even more detail on the software and how to use it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Hellemental Magic is free!!![/QUOTE]

There are 2 versions a free version and a paid. R they the same.

Not that I don't check here (because you guys narrow down what the REALLY good deals are and because I stay on top of console deals), but have you noticed that the two main sites that I rely on for finding iPod Touch gaming deals --- Touch Arcade and App Shopper -- have both been down for like the last 12 hours? It's starting to piss me off.

On Twitter, Touch Arcade says they're having DNS problems, not sure if they also own App Shopper because it's strange that they're both down (at least they are for me).

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Hellemental Magic is free!!![/QUOTE]

Hellemental Magic is always free. It's just Hellemental that costs $2.99. Which isn't free.

[quote name='awp']Not that I don't check here (because you guys narrow down what the REALLY good deals are and because I stay on top of console deals), but have you noticed that the two main sites that I rely on for finding iPod Touch gaming deals --- Touch Arcade and App Shopper -- have both been down for like the last 12 hours? It's starting to piss me off.

On Twitter, Touch Arcade says they're having DNS problems, not sure if they also own App Shopper because it's strange that they're both down (at least they are for me).[/QUOTE]
Both sites are back up now. App Shopper came back online last night around 1:00 a.m.; not sure when Touch Arcade sorted out their problems.

[quote name='mcdaking84']does anyone know if there is an NBA app similar to the MLB one that lets you watch games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, It's called NBA league pass. Keep in mind the same black out restrictions apply to the NBA that are in the MLB app. Meaning, you can't watch your home teams games.

bread's done
Back