iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='awp']I didn't see this until late and started downloading Ferrari at around 2:55. It started downloading for me for a few minutes, then suddenly stopped and gave me the "item is currently being modified message".

Now, I'm not sure whether if I try to re-download it if it will see that I purchased it during the free period or not. Not that $1.99 will break the bank, but there's other iPod touch games I'd rather buy for that amount.[/QUOTE]

I would wait till you get your receipt. or view your invoices in Itunes to see if it shows up as being purchased for free. If so, then you can redownload it and it will not cost you anything. if it doesnt show up on your invoice then you didnt get it in time.

sorry.

Earth Attack
HUGE 24 HOUR OFFER!!!! - DOWNLOAD EARTH ATTACK FREE BEFORE WEDNESDAY!!!!!

One of the most greatest out of this world games you will ever play on your iPhone or iPod Touch! (Haven't verified this yet, but it does have mostly good reviews in itunes)

Play on 4 different difficulties, each with exciting possibilities. Save the earth from the devastating astroids. And rack up 1000 points to head into a fantastic bonus mode.

And thats not all, go on freeplay to play 6 amazing more games. Including Rocket, where you have to fly across the universe dodging astroids. Alien, where you have to destroy the alien invasion from heading towards our solar system. And many more!

http://appshopper.com/games/earth-attack

[quote name='107proof']Earth Attack
HUGE 24 HOUR OFFER!!!! - DOWNLOAD EARTH ATTACK FREE BEFORE WEDNESDAY!!!!!

One of the most greatest out of this world games you will ever play on your iPhone or iPod Touch! (Haven't verified this yet, but it does have mostly good reviews in itunes)

Play on 4 different difficulties, each with exciting possibilities. Save the earth from the devastating astroids. And rack up 1000 points to head into a fantastic bonus mode.

And thats not all, go on freeplay to play 6 amazing more games. Including Rocket, where you have to fly across the universe dodging astroids. Alien, where you have to destroy the alien invasion from heading towards our solar system. And many more!

http://appshopper.com/games/earth-attack[/QUOTE]

Game looks atrocious. Looks like someone made it using Paint.

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Game looks atrocious. Looks like someone made it using Paint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I havent tried it yet, but the reviews I read are mostly good, unless they are padded by the devs of the game.

I figured I would post it just in case it was a diamond in the rough.

i downloaded that ferrari gameloft game at my work using my iTunes account information, but when I get home to re-download it, its showing up at $1.99

Am i doing something wrong here?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i downloaded that ferrari gameloft game at my work using my iTunes account information, but when I get home to re-download it, its showing up at $1.99

Am i doing something wrong here?[/QUOTE]
No you're doing it right. iTunes won't show that you've already purchased the game until you click to buy it (yeah, I know, scary). But you should be ok as long as you got it earlier using the same iTunes account.

Downloaded some not-on-sale iPhone games for my iPad today. Alive 4 Ever Returns ($1.99) and Ragdoll Blaster 2 ($2.99) are great. Crayon Physics Deluxe ($4.99) should have been cheaper. I was expecting it to be more like the pc version, but it falls short.

alright, ill cross my fingers and see if that works

I also bought that alive 4 ever returns for 1.99 pretty good. I do think Sim City for 2.99 is my best purchase so far, even if i suck at that game

edit : YEA! it worked. It brought up some message about my account being debited, but then after I click BUY IT, it said it was already downloaded and I could DL it again

very nice. I shouldnt miss a single deal this week then

Attack of the Titans has dropped from $1.99 to FREE in collaboration with OpenFeint's game of the day offering (http://itunes.apple.com/app/attack-of-the-titans/id358770517?mt=8).

"Attack of the Titans is a visually rich tower defense game for the ipod touch and iphone that is both fast paced and strategic. Use your creativity to place the gods in 15 different levels to block and defend against enemies such as medusa and the frantic harpies.

* 15 unique levels
* 5 upgradable gods
* path finding attackers
* exits can be destroyed
* open feint enabled
* auto save feature"

Big Kahuna Words has dropped from $2.99 to .99 (http://appshopper.com/games/big-kahuna-words).

"One of the all-time best selling PC word games goes mobile! Set underwater in a Polynesian paradise, this game has everything you're looking for in a mobile puzzler: challenging puzzles, multiple modes of play, and a "Tiki Totem" multiplier that lets you turn your long words into big points!

Connect letters on a grid to create words of three letters or more. Creating words leads to explosions that clear away blocks and earn you points. Create longer words makes your Tiki Totem rise, multiplying your score. Special tiles like Wild Cards and Wild Card Bombs keep the game play challenging and strategic.

As you progress through Big Kahuna Words, you'll be able to "free" beautiful aquatic creatures into your own personal ocean, so you'll always have friends around as you play. That is, if you consider the fish your friends. Earn more points to spawn more animals, it's as easy as that!

Features:
- 100 levels included
- Two modes of play: Action or Relaxed
- Elegant touch interface
- Spawn beautiful, exotic aquatic sea creatures as you play"

[quote name='kapkorn']So how do you charge it?[/QUOTE]
Plugging it into the wall works to charge it. Just can't use a computer's usb port. They actually use a different pin on the connector. That's why 1 works and not the other.

[quote name='demonchylde']IMO Book Worm is better than Big Kahuna. But BK is cheaper so if you don't have either, you make the call. :)[/QUOTE]
I used to be obsessed with Book Worm on my Mac. I played the heck out of it for awhile on my Touch, too. I went ahead and bit on BK. If it's even close to BW, I'll consider it .99 well spent.

For all you music tapping fans out there (myself included), there's a new Tap Tap title available. Tap Tap Revenge 3 Boost (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tap-tap-revenge-3-boost/id362849514?mt=8#) continues the tradition of stellar FREE Tap Tap apps.

"IN THIS "BOOSTED" VERSION OF TAP TAP REVENGE, ADD COINS, CREDITS AND A SPECIAL AVATAR ITEM TO YOUR STASH AS YOU CONTINUE TO TAP ALONG TO SOME OF THE BIGGEST BANDS IN THE WORLD INCLUDING KE$HA, BLACK EYED PEAS, METALLICA, AFI AND SMASHING PUMPKINS. With over 100 free songs and 100 premium bundles, why pay $7 for other music rhythm games when you can get the original and most downloaded music game on the iPhone and iPod touch for FREE.

---------------------------------------

If you already own Tap Tap Revenge 3, boot up Tap Tap Revenge Boost and you'll get a gift of 5000 coins, 25 credits and a special avatar item! You can then head back to Tap Tap Revenge 3 to enjoy all the songs you previously downloaded. Enjoy!"

Warning! This is probably bad, but I just had to post it. Brings back memories....

27 in 1 (Best from NES) dropped to FREE!!!

457664.png

Go back in time and play the sounds of your favorite video games !
"27 in 1" provides you 27 of the best sound clips from the NES games you played back in the 90's.

For example:

Popeye,
Balloon fight,
Battle city,
Bomberman,
Castlevania,
Dig Dug,
Darkman,
Felix the Cat,
Predator,
Prince of Persia,
Robocop 3,
Super Spy Hunter,
Bigfoot,
and other.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/27-in-1-best-from-nes/id359457664?mt=8

Zepi:Dark

585009.png

Thanks to your votes on www.freeAppCalendar.com, Zepi:Dark is the Featured FREE App of the Day for May 11, 2010!

Dive your fingers into the mystic atmosphere of new Zepi:Dark. Now you can test your reactions and speed enjoying new skins that will stir your blood. Choose between three of them devoted to one theme, those are Graveyard, Metal and Gothic. The faster you tap skulls and jowls on the screen, the more points you receive and the highest rank in wolds' top you occupy. The mysterious world of black magic in new Zepi:Dark is waiting for you.

Features:
- skins, that will satisfy all your dark wishes
- support of accelerometer: hold the device in a way which is comfortable for you
- easy gameplay: even your kid will love it
- global score ranking system: become a world champion
- play any time, any place, it takes 5 minutes to set a new record

http://appshopper.com/games/zepidark

TriDefense
Tridefense, in collaboration with AppGratuites.com, will be FREE today

815267.png

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Top 25 Free App in 10 countries (Japan, France, Italy)
Top 100 Free App in 26+ countries (USA, Canada, Germany)
Top 10 Free Game in Japan, France, Italy, etc.
Top 30 Free Game in US

Winner of the Mobile Game Award - 4th National Video Games Contest - Uruguay

"The toughest and most challenging tower defense game for the iPhone, hands down."
-- The best tower defense games 2009, makeuse.com

http://appshopper.com/games/tridefense

[quote name='kurrptsenate']TOTALLY purchased Dragon's Lair

Easily my first and favorite Sega CD game[/QUOTE]

Not a knock against you or the Sega CD (I had one), just funny to see it described as a Sega CD game, as someone that remembers playing it at Chuck E. Cheese and ported to nearly every console known to man.

anyone purchased Zombie Infection by Gameloft? They always make good games and this one has decent reviews so far. Not sure if I wanna drop $6.99 on it yet, so I will wait til someone else does :lol:

but ya...it looks great!

Can anybody comment on how Dragon's Lair plays on the ipad? Also, thanks for the recommendation of Monster Mayhem, well worth the $2. My son and I played trough PvZ and this has been a great follow up. He loved the Almanac in PvZ so I thought the Handbook in MM would be similar; however, they did not include little write-ups about each monster just the stats/weaknesses.

I can tell you how it plays on the iPhone, but not the Pad, sorry...

There's sometimes where the lit arrow is dead on, and also when you have to anticipate it yourself and not rely on the onscreen command. The video looks really good I must say. There is a slight delay between scenes, but its very small and could be due to the fact I have a 3G and not a 3GS.

Definitely worth it if you've played the game before and liked it, or even if you haven't played it

iGraveDigger Premium
Don't let the monsters reach the hut!

Dig graves to trap the monsters. Slide your finger down to dig a grave. Slide the finger up to bury the trapped monster.

We have made diversified gameplay! Now you can tap new flying monsters. Funny elephants on baloons, other flying monsters, innovative gameplay and lots of levels, will bring you lot of fun!

http://appshopper.com/games/igravedigger-premium

Doodle Cannon War: The shadow of the ghost!
(Looks like a Ragdoll blaster clone)

638750.png

LIMIT TIME FREE!!!!
we will keep this app FREE for the rest of the week! Please check out game to support us! Have fun!

reviews:
Doodle Cannon War has that tangible feel only a few games I’ve played on the iPhone have. The guys and gals at infiworks have truly created a game so fun and challenging
--www.iphoneappreviews.net

This game will keep you hooked for a long time because it is just plain FUN! This game has a tangible feel that most games don’t have.
--appsstore.me

http://appshopper.com/games/doodle-cannon-war-the-shadow-of-the-ghost

[quote name='cusoman']Yeah, except the game they listed isn't free yet, it's still $0.99 :\
[/QUOTE]

What's the game??, I don't have twitter at work so can't check. Only way for me to download is to go to McDonald's free wifi across the street.

[quote name='Dimsdale']It's been updated. It's now showing FREE.[/QUOTE]
No it hasn't. I've restarted iTunes, cleared my cache and all that jazz and it's still $0.99 no matter what Gameloft's Twitter says.

Anyone hear anything about RPG Snake - Adventure of Akua

seems like it might be worth the buck, but I'm not sure. check it out and tell me your impression

bread's done
Back