iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Hysteria Project... this looks amazing.

It's also on the PSP and PS3. It's 2 bucks. It's a horror game with videotaped gameplay, like a Sega CD game. It looks like the Blair Witch, you are in the woods. Anyone tried it?

[quote name='iowaholdem']Just want to point out that Alive 4-ever Returns is currently on sale at $1.99 and when the next episode is released, it'll jump to $4.99. Also, the original A4E has settled on a price point of $2.99 (currently more expensive than the sequel). So I would expect you're going to be waiting a long time to save $1, and this game is worth much more than that.

Just my two cents.

Also, as a general note, we're CAGs, not CAGers. CheapAssGamers, not CheapAssGamersers. xD[/QUOTE]

Well, I picked up the first one for $0.99 and I still haven't played it enough to get through all the missions. So I can hold out and get through the first one first. Because if I go ahead and buy the second one, I know I wont go back to the first one. I am sure it will go on sale again somewhere down the road. Maybe not $0.99 but for $1.99 again.

Also, I said, I am a CAG. Which would mean, I am a Cheap Ass Gamer. No "s" or "ers" needed. So I am a bit confused at your message.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Hysteria Project... this looks amazing.

It's also on the PSP and PS3. It's 2 bucks. It's a horror game with videotaped gameplay, like a Sega CD game. It looks like the Blair Witch, you are in the woods. Anyone tried it?[/QUOTE]

It was a free game of the day back in Feb. Picked it up but I don't think I ever played it. You usually like just about everything, so I am sure you wont go wrong with picking it up.

According to the price history, it looks like it drops to $0.99 every couple of months. So if you hold out I am sure you can save a buck.

Got dammit... I was here in Feb! How did I miss this free download? UGH. Well, I will at least wait until a 99 cent drop. Gosh dammit...

[quote name='107proof']Also, I said, I am a CAG. Which would mean, I am a Cheap Ass Gamer. No "s" or "ers" needed. So I am a bit confused at your message.[/QUOTE]Oh, that comment wasn't directed towards you, I just didn't want to double post to say that. I've noticed plenty of other people say CAGers - and even CheapyD has made fun of people for saying CAGers. xD

[quote name='iowaholdem']Oh, that comment wasn't directed towards you, I just didn't want to double post to say that. I've noticed plenty of other people say CAGers - and even CheapyD has made fun of people for saying CAGers. xD[/QUOTE]

ah, gotcha.

Hey cheapassgamersers, wasn't hysteria project free just a week or so ago? Just briefly to celebrate the totally gosh damn awesome psp minis release?

All right, my last post for the night / morning. You know I loves me some castle-related gaming, so here's another castle defense title to consider: Dinosaur Slayer (http://itunes.apple.com/app/dinosaur-slayer/id362008695?mt=8), currently on sale for .99. The dinosaurs look more like dragons to me, but you get the idea. There are also lite and free versions available (both of which are free. . .what's the difference?) so you can try it out if you don't feel like making a blind buy.

EDIT: Looks like the price is always .99, so no big rush to plunk down the dollar unless you really feel compelled to after trying the lite / free edition. Sorry 'bout the false alert there. . .

Btw musical cheapassgamersers, this hasn't been mentioned yet but Beatmaker has finally had a permanent price drop to $10, from $20. I forked out and it's pretty damn awesome, very much like an sp404, and similar to an mpc with JJOS.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Escape from the dungeon is showing $1.99 for me.[/QUOTE]
Well, as 107proof noted, you ain't missing much. It's a pretty uneventful side scroller. Walk, shoot, turnaround, shoot, turnaround, jump, walk, shoot, repeat until you die or reach the end of the level. Repeat. Not exactly the most engaging title you're ever going to download. Definitely not worth $2.

Birdie in Trouble has dropped from $1.99 to FREE for a limited time (http://appshopper.com/games/birdie-in-trouble). It's got 5 stars. . .see if you agree.

"Our little new born birdie, fell off his nest and tries to find his way home. As he still didn't learn how to fly, he needs to go through a long journey jumping onto the leafs. Might sound easy, but not each leaf is the same and causes our birdie to jump to another leaf, fall down, some needs to be jumped with an order.

"Birdie In Trouble" is an addictive puzzle game for everybody and has the following features :

- An adorable hero, going through 75 levels of journey.
- Each level consists of mind compelling puzzles to solve.
- Cute cartoonish graphics as well as fluid animations.
- 4 ingame music and a matching sound fx.
- Openfeint integration with global leaderboard and achievemts support."

Farm Story has dropped from $4.99 to FREE (http://appshopper.com/games/farm-story)
Farm Story™

Welcome to Farm Story™ where you and your friends can grow fruits, raise farm animals, and decorate the most beautiful farms!

Farm Story™ includes FREE updates with new fruits, flowers, trees, buildings, decorations, animals, and more every week!

FEATURES:
- Plant over 20 varieties of delicious fruits, veggies, and beautiful flowers.
- Design and decorate your farm with trees, fences, and buildings.
- Visit real neighbors to watch their crops grow.
- It's FREE!

iDigger Classic is a $4 title that's FREE for today (http://appshopper.com/games/idigger-classic)
iDigger Classic

FREE for one day!

========================================

Straight from the 80's, for connoisseurs of vintage games.

Try to beat the World Record!

Emerald: 25 points.
Gold: 500 points.
Killing a Nobbin or a Hobbin by shooting or hitting with a bag: 250 points.
Bonus: 1,000 points.
(In bonus mode) Eating a Nobbinor a Hobbin : 200 points for first, 400 for 2nd, etc. (doubling each time) - still 250 for other methods of killing, though.
At every multiple of 20,000 points you get an extra life.

I'm posting this one mainly because of its ridiculous price history. It was raised to $29.99 (!) back in March. It's currently on sale for .99. Yep, from $30 to a buck.

Burn Ball (http://appshopper.com/games/burnball)

"This game is tons of fun, and addictive. It is certainly a game that keeps me coming back for more... this game will give you hours and hours of game play for your money."
- TUAW.com

Of course, you could always just wait it out and see if this thing goes freebie (as it has in the past).

The Wolfram Alpha app is such a ripoff. It clearly just pings the Wolfram Alpha site with your question, so you could save $2 by just putting a WA bookmark in Safari or put a searchweb link to WA. Utterly stupid.

They're making bank on it, though.

Meatball Madness!
FREE For Today ONLY - FULL Version!

609897.png

If you like Simon, you will LOVE Meatball Madness!

It's you against the world in Meatball Madness! Battle your way through fast paced, Simon-Style Gameplay against over 20 bosses. Instantly post your scores to Facebook and at the end of each round to compete with your friends.

Play a quick match in one of 3 different difficulty modes, or settle in for the long haul in Survival Mode. Meatball Madness keeps track of your lifetime score too, but don't relax now! The minute you stop playing is the minute your friends start catching up with you! Challenge your friends, your neighbors, your family... even your boss!

It's so simple a child could play it, but even Einstein himself could never master it.

Think you're smarter than your friends? Prove it.

http://appshopper.com/games/meatball-madness

Mystery of Unicorn Castle
SALE - 80% OFF !!! $0.99!!

979029.png

"Enter Mystery of Unicorn Castle to transport yourself into a scene that could have come from an Agatha Christie novel." (GameZebo.com)

Jane Morion always considered herself to be an ordinary girl. Then a letter from England arrived describing the inheritance of a family castle. Solve a looming mystery where dreams and magic intertwine. Explore rooms inside the castle while detecting hidden objects. Can you reveal the secrets of the manor's inhabitants and discover the Morion legacy? The Mystery of Unicorn Castle contains a dark spell thats haunted the family for centuries.
* Surreal Hidden Object game
* 5 distinct search methods
* Solve the inheritance scandal
* 4 different mini-game mechanics
* 40 handcrafted levels
* multiple user profiles on a single device
* save your game automatically at any time

http://appshopper.com/games/mystery-of-unicorn-castle

Honestly, I'm a bit hesitant to get S&P2. I sunk so much time into the first, and this doesn't look like it changed much.
Looking forward to some CAG reviews before I bite.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Honestly, I'm a bit hesitant to get S&P2. I sunk so much time into the first, and this doesn't look like it changed much.
Looking forward to some CAG reviews before I bite.[/QUOTE]

more of the same is fine with me for 2 bucks

Man, I need to get on finishing the first one before I pick up the second one. I played through almost to the end, and then lost a bunch of it when my iPhone died. Hadn't backed up in a while - that taught me.

Bought Mystery of Unicorn Castle!! It's awesome!!

As for S&P 2, I'll wait because I still haven't played the first one, which I bought. LMAO

Awesome...been checking here, iTunes, and the Gaia site everyday since they announced and showed off Sword & Poker 2. Get it now while its 50% off. Thanks for the head up!

[quote name='DtotheP']Btw musical cheapassgamersers, this hasn't been mentioned yet but Beatmaker has finally had a permanent price drop to $10, from $20. I forked out and it's pretty damn awesome, very much like an sp404, and similar to an mpc with JJOS.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats impressive, its a shame I'm not musically good with synthesizers or other music programs. I have 8bitone+ synthesizer and I'm not really good at using it.

Crash Course is on sale for .99 during its May Day Promotion (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crash-course/id365400714?mt=8).

STORY
They came from deepest space. A massive armada of alien vessels hidden amongst a cluster of asteroids. Their targets: vulnerable human colonists situated on unprotected planets. You are the only ship in the area capable of destroying the alien armada and saving the humans. Are you up for the challenge?

-----------------------------------------------

THE GAME
”Crash Course” is a fast-paced arcade space shooter, developed exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It is similar to the classic “Asteroids” titles.

Machiavelli's Ascent

644399.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Machiavelli's Ascent is Free for TODAY only.

Game Critics.com
"...this is certainly a game that will keep a player coming back for "just one more try"."

http://appshopper.com/games/machiavellis-ascent

Doesnt have good reviews, but figured I would post it due to it being OF's game of the day.

GW Retreat Dropped to FREE!

070972.png

These games are fun if you remember the handheld games of the past. A friend I had back in Junior high used to have a bunch of these handheld games he brought back from Japan. Man those were the days. No worries, no stress, no mortgage... ha.. oh well. Have to grow up some day.

>> HOW TO PLAY

Move the trooper left and right to position him in the right location to avoid the fallout; you can tilt the device left/right, tap the desired location, or press in the left/right edges of the screen.

GAME A: standard mode
GAME B: difficult mode

Each avoided group (as per game mode) of fallout earns 1pt, making it to the copter gives 5pt - a bonus exists when 300pt is reached - can you reach it?

http://appshopper.com/games/gw-retreat

Downloading Sword & Poker II WW right now.

"Sword & Poker" has been the text in my search for weeks now so I could make a quick search for the sequel anytime. Woot!

[quote name='darknight88']i hope S&P1 drop to free soon. Want that in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I could see a $0.99 price soon, but I doubt it will be free. Hope I am wrong. :D

bread's done
Back