iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal, but Kometen finally got approved! It's 2.99 - http://appshopper.com/games/kometen

Awesome trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAtpygGFJc&feature=player_embedded
I put a few minutes into it, it's utterly beautiful. Definitely not for everyone as it doesn't seem like there's any kind of danger or scoring or even real accomplishments, outside of what you make up for yourself. You basically just tap a planet to begin to orbit it and swipe anywhere to dash away from it, which direction you go depends on how you were moving when you swiped. You can eat little things to fill up your little meter thing and then do a super-boost for a while. All you do is slingshot around and look for new planets. Once there...you can look at them, and that's about it. Very boring for most, even I'll admit that, but it's pretty soothing and the art+music are sublime.

[quote name='cycophuk']Sorry, but why should the people that are not able to take advantage of their promotion due to the inconvenient times they are doing the promotions be happy that they are giving away free stuff? And a lot of companies do give away their apps for free. This topic is proof of that. It's awesome that people are able to take advantage of the free apps from gameloft, good for them. There are a lot of us who can't and why should we be happy about that?[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying to keep the whining in check because they don't have to offer it free at any time, ever. Free during a small window of time is better than never free at all, regardless of whether you or I as individuals are able to get in on the deal.

My manager bought Stick Skater, and I must say, it looks pretty fun. It's 99 cents, and like number 3 on the app store. I'll probably be buying, but going to get the lite version real quick. Everyone check it out.

Also probably gonna buy the force unleashed at a buck.

Just bought TFU... very nice.

That LIGHTSABER game is FREE for a limited time!!! It's an officially licensed app... A nice novelty!!!

Stick Skater is AWESOME!!! I'm gonna buy it soon.

[quote name='cycophuk']Sorry, but why should the people that are not able to take advantage of their promotion due to the inconvenient times they are doing the promotions be happy that they are giving away free stuff? And a lot of companies do give away their apps for free. This topic is proof of that. It's awesome that people are able to take advantage of the free apps from gameloft, good for them. There are a lot of us who can't and why should we be happy about that?[/QUOTE]

I didnt say be happy for not getting the ones during the middle of the night, I just said be happy for the ones you did get free. Because they dont have to give anything away. So just because you didnt get the one this morning, you shouldnt be angry at Gameloft. They didnt have to offer it for free. I missed it too. But I am not angry at Gameloft. I am just happy I got the past two days of free games. I look forward to the ones coming up in the next week.

Thanks Gameloft for offering up Free stuff. You don't have to do this and I appreciate what your doing, regardless of if I miss the promotion or not.

Crazy Pirate Slots dropped to FREE! (if you like slot machine action, this one has pretty good reviews.)

837896.png

*GRAB THE BOOTY! iTunes Gift Card Giveaway*

Win over $250 of iTunes Gift Cards during the month of May.
Go to pirateslots.com for details!

One part slot machine and one part shoot-em-up! Tap the skulls to take their gold, but careful matey too slow with your musket and they’ll steal some of yours! Spin and blast your way to the treasure chests for ‘Bonus Booty’. Shoot the parrot to launch a mini game. ARR!

http://appshopper.com/games/crazy-pirate-slots

Loved the lite, so I bought Stick Skater... It's freaking awesome bro. #2 on the App Store... everyone get this. Hitting these lines is sick.

My manager bought Stick Skater, and I must say, it looks pretty fun. It's 99 cents, and like number 3 on the app store. I'll probably be buying, but going to get the lite version real quick. Everyone check it out.

Also probably gonna buy the force unleashed at a buck.

Just bought TFU... very nice.

That LIGHTSABER game is FREE for a limited time!!! It's an officially licensed app... A nice novelty!!!

Stick Skater is AWESOME!!! I'm gonna buy it soon.

Loved the lite, so I bought Stick Skater... It's freaking awesome bro. #2 on the App Store... everyone get this. Hitting these lines is sick.

You have 3 posts all talking about Stick Skater, is that really necessary???? And you talk like a moron, "freaking awesome bro", "hitting these lines is sick"

No one is your bro, nobody likes you. I understand you are trying to spread the love of iPod touch and its good games but let someone less annoying handle it...please

Each time someone posts a reply to him, just makes him more likely to post. Typical troll. Just put him on your ignore list and go on your way.

[quote name='TheRock88']Each time someone posts a reply to him, just makes him more likely to post. Typical troll. Just put him on your ignore list and go on your way.[/QUOTE]
Soooo true I have him blocked yet I can still see when he posts ughh

Minigore Episode 3.9 is out (http://itunes.apple.com/app/minigore/id324016249?mt=8).

"Countdown to Episode 4 has begun!

Fur Bomb:
-This fiesty furry is a hazard to you, itself and other furries alike. It will go totally nuts if you shoot it! Starts a chain reaction if you make it detonate near other Fur Bombs!

Auto-aiming:
-New option that puts John Gore in charge of the guns and lets you focus on surviving and dodging furries.

Predator Furry:
-Completely rebalanced! Starts off easy and builds up to a super-intense final. You will be able to survive longer - but how long?

Inferno:
-Easter is ancient history, but the Easter Bunny still brought an Easter egg! This secret lets you jump straight into the Inferno! X marks the spot..."

Buster Red has see-sawed back down to FREE again (http://appshopper.com/games/buster-red).

"Buster Red in collaboration with FreeAppADay.com will be FREE today and today only!

If you like vertical shooters, this is a must-buy. The innovative retro-style levels will amaze you with how much they throw at you, and the power-ups are just insane."

Fare City: Taxi Mania

222186.png

Fare City is an awesomely addictive game of chaos management. Do you have what it takes to keep your fleet of taxis running smoothly? Are you quick enough to earn those big bonuses? Can you stand the pace when one uninsured accident can ruin your day?

Welcome to Fare City: where the city never sleeps and the taxis rule the streets!
http://appshopper.com/games/fare-city-first-shift

[quote name='spiderman8576']not sure if it was mention but castle fantasy is free for a limited time, not sure if its any good but average reviews for a platformer[/QUOTE]

I paid a dollar for this and was quite pleased. There's a good amount of content and definitely recommend for the price of free.

For all you Fruit Ninja fans, here's Finger Cut ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/finger-cut/id360663407?mt=8).

• Free for limited time!
    Are Your Fingers Bored? Try FingerCut!
    Finger Cut is fun and challenging! Use your fingers as a cutter and slice the falling shapes into small pieces. You have to cut the shapes as quickly as possible because they are falling fast!

Sounds easy? Try it and you'll be addicted to it immediately!

Check out the game video at http://khors.com
    Control:
    ------
    Use your finger to cut the shapes into small pieces until they vanish. Large size uncut shapes will turn grayed and the game is over when there are too many of them.

There is a TNT button for doing multiple cuts at once! Green indicators get filled up slowly and more filled indicators mean more cuts at once.

Special Shapes:
    ------------

Features:
    -------
    - 3 difficulties
    - special shapes to spicy up the game:
    >Bomb: each piece of the bomb can be used to blow away one grayed shapes.
    >Untouchable: it turns into gray immediately once cut.
    >Bonus: the more you cut, the higher score you get
    - original background music
    - Open Feint enabled: you can compete with your friends or people around the world for high scores!

Yowsa, Icarus-X is currently on sale for .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/icarus-x-full-3d/id354542499?mt=8). I'm snagging this one right now.

"Icarus-X is a Full 3D Vertical Shooter, featuring fast paced action, epic boss battles, challenging achievements, downloadable replays and the mandatory online leaderboards!

Icarus-X features downloadable replays, so that you can enjoy watching the best players in the world turn the game inside out and pull out gigantic high scores!
There is also a Slow-Motion Pratice mode to learn the more difficult patterns at your own pace.

Features include:

* Full 3D environments and ships
* Fast paced action
* Simple and intuitive controls
* Online leaderboards
* Downloadable replays
* Slow-motion practice mode
* Epic boss battles
* 4 Challenging modes
* Achievements and Unlockables
* Choose between your iPod music or the game's upbeat soundtrack
* 5 profiles to share the game with your friends and family"

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Loved the lite, so I bought Stick Skater... It's freaking awesome bro. #2 on the App Store... everyone get this. Hitting these lines is sick.[/QUOTE]

Pro-Choice activists should use you as their poster boy.

How does Icarus compare to space invaders infinity gene?may pick it up anyways, only $.99 but my CAG concious is nagging at me.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Is anyone seeing N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance as free?

It's showing on my Touch as such, but still $4.99 in itunes on my comp. Could this be the gameloft freebie? Can't dowload direct to Touch since I don't have 3.1.2. Ugh.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/n-o-v-a-near-orbit-vanguard/id343596730?mt=8[/QUOTE]

There is a demo version, so a heads up. But I already bought it and its worth every dollar, great FPS for the iphone, if this is the freebie for today, download it!, good game.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Do you have Espgaluda? How would you compare the responsiveness to that game? Other shmups I have tried pale in comparison to Espgaluda's controls, including Roswell and that other retro shmup posted earlier in the thread.[/QUOTE]
I haven't experienced the full glory of Espgaluda because the CAG in me refuses to pay $9 for something I'm sure will go on sale at some point. That being said, I have enjoyed the free, lite version of Espgaluda. It's a very different game than Icarus-X, though. Espgaluda feels like a 21st Century Tyrian on steroids (which is an awesome thing). Icarus-X, however, is not a true bullet-hell shmup. It's definitely more of a memorize-the-pattern-and-avoid-the-shrapnel sort of game. That distinction aside, I think Icarus is very good. The responsive seems pretty fast but I did die a couple of times because my finger was accidentally covering some flak that I ran into (thus blowing me up). For .99, I think it's a no-brainer. The developer also seems to be really cool. I've seen his posts on Touch Arcade and he really listens to feedback and suggestions. He's exactly the kind of programmer I want to support.

[quote name='nightmare452']There is a demo version, so a heads up. But I already bought it and its worth every dollar, great FPS for the iphone, if this is the freebie for today, download it!, good game.[/QUOTE]
HOLY SHNIKES! N.O.V.A is showing up as FREE for me! Snag snag snag.
I still haven't seen a Tweet from Gameloft for today but this'll do just fine!

[quote name='Lukami']Yeah and tunes out everyone elses voice so he can't hear how much everyone despises this guy.[/QUOTE]

Referring to Fire_Thief lol?

Creepy Caverns Dropped to FREE... its part Mario, part doodle jump, you guide your little guy around collecting coins and smashing blocks while avoiding water and spikes that will kill you. I didnt want to post it until I played it. Its entertaining for free. I can think of a couple upgrades that will make the game great so hopefully there will be some updates. I know of at least one person that will enjoy this... ha..

456226.png

Dr Archibald needs retirement money! After working in the Museum for decades, it's time to go exploring for hidden riches in perilous ancient tombs and caverns.

Guide Dr Archibald through deadly levels such as "Spiky Gauntlet of Evil", "The PIT of DOOM" and "Attack of the Crumbling Snow".

Along the way Dr Archibald will contend with spikes, trampolines and crumbling destructible levels that fall apart at his very touch!

- simple tilt controls; rotate left and right to guide Dr Archibald's jumps
- classic platformer action
- use breakable blocks to create your own path!
- 20 tricky levels across four exotic locations

Can you survive the Creepy Caverns?

http://appshopper.com/games/creepy-caverns

Itunes link
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/creepy-caverns/id362456226?mt=8

[quote name='Lukami']Yeah and tunes out everyone elses voice so he can't hear how much everyone despises this guy.[/QUOTE]

So if you have "him" on ignore, can "he" see your posts? Or do they just not show up? I would imagine that would mess with thread count numbers and such though.

Also, I'm finding myself clicking "view post," just to read the absurd comments.

"People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. This overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it."

From an article I'm reading...just throwing it out there...

There was just an update for Tiki Totems that allows for the insertion of codes found from some of their other games to be inserted to unlock level packs. I got this one from GeoFighter and would assume it would work for anyone: 77DFA6BE. The update said there were two more somewhere.

I have begun to hate this thread which was once my favorite. Oh well, my ignore list isn't empty now. If Fire_Thief actually says anything worthwhile, someone please repeat. :)

If that's a one-time code and someone wants another one, let me know.

I have geoFighter, but it's not installed right now. I'll be happy to give my code for Tiki Totems levels to the someone from the group.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']I have begun to hate this thread which was once my favorite. Oh well, my ignore list isn't empty now. If Fire_Thief actually says anything worthwhile, someone please repeat. :)[/QUOTE]

I've been following this thread since the original and I am now done with it. It went way downhill when Fire_thief started his nonsense. Now the drama every other post about the "ignore list" has pushed me over the edge. I hope it turns around for everyone, enjoy.

There is another possible troll in here who is a close second to fire_thief but he seems to be flying under others' radars so far...

Ignoring certain people isn't really effective unless people stop reposting them and talking about them.

bread's done
Back