Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oregon Trail is finally a dollar!!!!!
519882.png

http://appshopper.com/games/the-oregon-trail

Some other Gameloft games are on sale too for $0.99

The Settlers
938346.png

http://appshopper.com/games/the-settlers

Driver
583887.png

http://appshopper.com/games/driver

Tom Clancy's Hawx
201134.png

http://appshopper.com/games/tom-clancys-hawx

Rayman 2
845407.png

http://appshopper.com/games/rayman-2-the-great-escape

[quote name='nightmare452']Oregon Trail and Rayman 2 will be mine once I get home. Finally a nice deal on OT.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I can't wait to get dysentery. :whistle2:&

That's weird. I tried buying Settlers and HAWX and it said they're unavailable because they are being modified. There were no problems purchasing these items.

[quote name='stoned99']Crap I bought all 5[/QUOTE]
I ended up doing the same. I'm a sucker for sales and a sucker for $1. And, Gameloft is kind of an awesome iPhone developer.

Is there a site that tracks the lowest price an iPhone game has been? I tried Espgaluda II Lite the other day and it blew my fucking mind with it's awesomeness but damn, $9 is steep for an iPhone game.

[quote name='graf1k']Is there a site that tracks the lowest price an iPhone game has been? I tried Espgaluda II Lite the other day and it blew my fucking mind with it's awesomeness but damn, $9 is steep for an iPhone game.[/QUOTE]

Appshopper. Tells you all the price drops/increase history of an app.

Loving these Gameloft sales lately ... these are better than that whole 'free game week' a couple months ago.

Picked up Oregon Trail and HAWX ... anyone want to vouch for the Settlers, Rayman or Driver ... I'm on the fence because they seem to have a mix of reviews and 3D console game ports on the iPhone always seem to be hit or miss

[quote name='etcrane']Loving these Gameloft sales lately ... these are better than that whole 'free game week' a couple months ago.

Picked up Oregon Trail and HAWX ... anyone want to vouch for the Settlers, Rayman or Driver ... I'm on the fence because they seem to have a mix of reviews and 3D console game ports on the iPhone always seem to be hit or miss[/QUOTE]

I think they have lite versions of all 3 of those games that you can try.

[quote name='jcp42877']is Bar Oasis any good? Heard it has a good plot & characters and such. At $0.99, there isn't that much i'll pass up lol[/QUOTE]
I haven't gotten that far but it seems pretty good. Only downside is the game crashes a lot :(

i've been waiting for a price drop on oregon trail and now itunes tells me the network connection has timed out for everything i try to download! what the hell?

Espgaluda II was only $5 for a brief period of time right at launch, as part of a launch sale; it's still totally worth full price, as it's jawdroppingly good.

Still passing on Oregon Trail even at a buck, I'd be searching too hard for the originals that apparently just aren't there. I think I'll pick up The Settlers though.

[quote name='arrrggghhh']i've been waiting for a price drop on oregon trail and now itunes tells me the network connection has timed out for everything i try to download! what the hell?[/QUOTE]
This is happening to me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tons of additional Monday freebies:

037824.png

Dirt Moto Racing – Resolution Interactive has released several racing games (which are all worth a look if you like this one) that all have great controls and graphics. Dirt Moto Racing has a career mode, vehicle upgrades, and everything else you'd expect from a full racing game. (App Store)

666921.png

Dawn of the Dead – I wasn't that impressed by this game when it was originally released, but you can now give it a spin for free. Three characters are included, along with a bunch of weaponry, five different levels, and both a story and survival mode to play through. The iTunes description mentions iOS 4 issues, so you might need to wait for an update if you've already upgraded. (App Store)

025671.png

Action Buggy – All Donut Games seem to be universally loved around here, and Action Buggy is no different. In the game, you pilot a, well, action buggy, on the rocky surfaces of a distant moon. Like all Donut Games, the gameplay mechanics are simple enough that anyone can play it, but gets difficult surprisingly quickly. (App Store)

429835.png

Car Mania – Route traffic through a variety of different maps while juggling drivers' road rage, construction sites, and other obstacles. Multiple game modes keep things fresh, and there's even a Road Rage mode where the goal is to crash the cars instead of routing them safely to their destinations. (App Store)

Yea, had problems with Dawn of the Dead on my 2g Touch with iOS4. Would complete the first stage where I would get into the mall but it would always crash after that.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Just tried Road Raging and got that "Are you sure you want to BUY and download" message. I'll wait til someone else get confirms, I don't want to get a charge for this.[/QUOTE]
I just downloaded Road Raging directly from my Touch. Went right through. . .all free.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Just tried Road Raging and got that "Are you sure you want to BUY and download" message. I'll wait til someone else get confirms, I don't want to get a charge for this.[/QUOTE]

Road Raging's popping up .99c for me on my iPhone4. Will try later as well.

ReBounce has dropped back down to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/rebounce-evolved-breaking/id347801593?mt=8).
"Gain style points and create massive chains in this insanely addictive arcade game that matches your skill against gravity and growing columns of marbles.

Simple controls allow anyone to interact directly with the world. Use your finger to take control and drag-release the puck in any direction to add speed and easily move around the screen."

I was thinking about downloading Driver for 99 cents, but then I just got Need for Speed Shift from the sale and I've hardly even played that yet. I'm going to try to resist.

I did download Action Buggy for free. Thanks again!

EDIT: Rebounce is good - definitely pick it up for free!

My god Street Fighter 4 for the iPhone is so much like the real PS3/360 game it's amazing. They just updated the game and added Zangief and Cammy as well. I wish I would have grabbed this sooner but better late than never.

It took me a bit to do a crouch HP to shoryuken to dash cancel to Ultra, but it's all there in all its glory. Way better investment than Chaos Rings IMO

[quote name='kurrptsenate']My god Street Fighter 4 for the iPhone is so much like the real PS3/360 game it's amazing. They just updated the game and added Zangief and Cammy as well. I wish I would have grabbed this sooner but better late than never.

It took me a bit to do a crouch HP to shoryuken to dash cancel to Ultra, but it's all there in all its glory. Way better investment than Chaos Rings IMO[/QUOTE]

AGREED. it is teh SHIIIIIIT... also i never bought chaos rings lol. From what they did with the iphone version, jesus think how the 3DS is going to look!

[quote name='Wiendog']Anyone know how long this gameloft sale is going to go for?[/QUOTE]
They never said exactly how long but they did say, "Get them now, they won't last long.

I have another question. Let's say I downloaded a free app a long time ago and deleted it. I want it now.. Do I have to pay for it or is there a way I can download it for free?

[quote name='CONMAN999']They never said exactly how long but they did say, "Get them now, they won't last long.

I have another question. Let's say I downloaded a free app a long time ago and deleted it. I want it now.. Do I have to pay for it or is there a way I can download it for free?[/QUOTE]

Just go through the purchase process again. It can be daunting, because it *seems* like its going to charge you, but after putting in your password, it'll just inform you that you've bought it before and let you re-download it.

[quote name='mkernan']Just go through the purchase process again. It can be daunting, because it *seems* like its going to charge you, but after putting in your password, it'll just inform you that you've bought it before and let you re-download it.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to warn people to be wary of different versions of a particular game. I can think of a few that have had paid versions (at one time or another) of two slightly different versions. I wish iTunes would give you a easier way of keeping up with all that...

I just have iTunes set up now without a credit card, this way I don't accidentally pay for anything.

[quote name='mkernan']Just go through the purchase process again. It can be daunting, because it *seems* like its going to charge you, but after putting in your password, it'll just inform you that you've bought it before and let you re-download it.[/QUOTE]
Lol, that is scary. But it seemed to work fine. Thanks alot.

[quote name='ocu']I just signed up under your account! Would appreciate the favor from other Cags:

http://www.apperang.com/Auth/signup.aspx?ReferralId=1438

Thanks alot. Though I'm having some trouble with the site. I haven't actually downloaded paid games but I did do a free one and it's still pending though I tried verifying it. Also, the reason I asked about downloading deleted apps is because Fingerzilla is an option for me and I already have it but I'll get paid 2.24 or something for installing it and I don't have to pay 1.99 to actually buy it.

A chess adventure game called Puzzle Chess is on sale for FREE until July 5th (http://itunes.apple.com/app/puzzle-chess/id361999941?mt=8).

"This is NOT your ordinary Chess game!

This is a Chess Adventure!

Your Enemies move like Chess pieces, but the similarity to Chess ends there...

Impenetrable walls, Trapdoors, Teleporters and Time Bombs? Set them off and see what happens!

Things can get tricky but don’t despair, for along the way, there will be Gold Coins to give you Extra Life and Power-ups to help destroy your Enemies.

Puzzle Chess is a fun original twist on a classic game that will have you off on a puzzlicious Chess adventure!"

[quote name='CONMAN999']Lol, that is scary. But it seemed to work fine. Thanks alot.

Thanks alot. Though I'm having some trouble with the site. I haven't actually downloaded paid games but I did do a free one and it's still pending though I tried verifying it. Also, the reason I asked about downloading deleted apps is because Fingerzilla is an option for me and I already have it but I'll get paid 2.24 or something for installing it and I don't have to pay 1.99 to actually buy it.[/QUOTE]
I had a similar issue with verifying. I had to close my browser and then re-plugin my device to the computer and then go to the site again using IE. Firefox kept giving me problems. It verified all 5 the next time i tried.

Free App Calendar is featuring PlanetOne -- The 2D Platformer Game (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=216).
"PlanetOne, the 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through 22 unique levels, defeating 4 bosses while collecting keys in each area to open gates. Your goal is to take back the 'Maya" (The life force of your planet), which was taken from your people. But its not just a walk in the park, there are a bunch of different baddies trying to stop you and you are under the clock. Don't get the "Maya" fast enough and you must try again."

In celebration of the movie, The Last Airbender game is on sale for only .99 for a limited time (http://appshopper.com/games/the-last-airbender).

"Your destiny awaits! Enter the world of The Last Airbender and unleash the power of the elements!

Which nation are you from? Choose from the Air Nomads, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, or Fire Nation.

Master the power of bending, the physical manipulation of the elements. Select your nation and customize bending moves and attacks like the Tornado, Water Whip, Inferno, and Avalanche. Charge up your bending move on the touch screen, then launch it across to the opposing nation. Control your element by tilting your phone to steer your attacks past your opponent’s defenses in order to destroy their strongholds. Draw shields to defend and protect your own nation's fortress. Master all four elements to unlock the Avatar State and create your own attacks from any of the four elements. Become the Avatar and fulfill your destiny!

Enjoy this arcade style, bending battle game, where the four elements are yours to command!"

Thanks for your continued support dims.
"Auto F5 reload window" options Default timeout* Timeout for this page* Add random value to timeout between 0 and* Show and hide menu Ignore everything after these symbols in URL(separate with spaces) Include the separators in the URL saved Hide menu when clicking outside the menu Prolong timeout on mouseclicks or keyboard input Reload all pages with default timeout, which has no timeout set
*Format examples: hh:mm:ss, h:m:ss, m:sss, s etc. like 1:20:30 oder 500 oder 3:100

Proud new owner of an Iphone 4....this thread is a GOLDMINE.

Thanks to all who contribute, much much appreciated.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='kurrptsenate']My god Street Fighter 4 for the iPhone is so much like the real PS3/360 game it's amazing. They just updated the game and added Zangief and Cammy as well. I wish I would have grabbed this sooner but better late than never.

It took me a bit to do a crouch HP to shoryuken to dash cancel to Ultra, but it's all there in all its glory. Way better investment than Chaos Rings IMO[/QUOTE]

No way...that sounds awesome. I have to check it out. Has it ever been on sale? I currently see it at $9.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back