Iphone Deals

okstate34

CAG Veteran
Feedback
5 (100%)
Anyone know of any way to get a cheap Iphone online? Is anyone here looking to sell theirs? I do not want to use Ebay because well because its fn EBAY. Also I dont want to get a new 2 year contract deal, is there anyway to get the iphone without actually getting that contract? Thanks to all in advance!!!:D

Yup. Just when you go to activate your iPhone on iTunes, put in a fake credit card number (99999999999 or whatever), which fails you, and then they offer you the prepaid deal. Easy as pie, except you can only use the GoPhone deal. So, it's still like $59.99 a month, but no contract.

Oh I gotcha. Thanks Karuto. Would it make any difference if I picked up an unlocked phone from someone and just put in my cingular simcard? Or would I still have to go about signing up for the gophone deal? Thanks

Do not get one now!!!

A second revision is coming out very soon (it is rumored it will be 3g and have GPS). Either get the new model or get it when it is at a price cut.

[quote name='indiraider']Do not get one now!!!

A second revision is coming out very soon (it is rumored it will be 3g and have GPS). Either get the new model or get it when it is at a price cut.[/quote]

Yeah i just saw that, you guys have any suggestions on different smart phones for cingular/att

Also, it rumored that BestBuy might be adding them to their in-store phone sales/applestore kiosks. You might then could get a triple-rewards coupon or something like that in the near future to make it worth your while.

My wife bought me one early this December as a surprise anniversary+birthday present. I love it, but it is definitely dumbed down compared to my previous HTC windows phone. However, it is much more practicle and the screen is stunning. My only real complaint is the web access speed, it is definitely plodding when not on a WiFi network. The youtube widget, and pretty much everything else, crawls on the cellular "broadband." Also, we still haven't got my hotmail usable. The email utility wont access it and now it wont even open through the web GUI.

Absolutely wait on the next iteration, I am planning on trying to upgrade myself to the improved model. Hopefully you will see either aq 16gb model or (and I seriously doubt it) a memory card slot. I am 99% sure the latter will never happen since apple profits live and breath on designed obsolesance.

If you get an iPod now, try to find one thats version 1.1.1 - I'm not sure about 1.1.2, but my brother just bought a 4gb iPhone from a kid (the kid was switching over to Verizon, I think), but he bought it for $230 and uses it on prepaid and basically an expensive Touch that has a camera and speaker.

I have an iPhone right now.. No complaints, there's wifi everywhere i go but it might not be the same for you.. But still waiting (no release date yet) on a new model is kind of stupid, because all you know for sure is that the new model will have 3G, not good enough of a feature to upgrade/wait. So I say buy one now.. When and IF the new model comes out, and it looks attractive, and is alot better, sell your previous one and buy the new one. I bet you can still sell the iphone around retail by that time.

[quote name='indiraider']Do not get one now!!!

A second revision is coming out very soon (it is rumored it will be 3g and have GPS). Either get the new model or get it when it is at a price cut.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful on the new version. But you only have to wait until Monday to find out either way. Thats the start of the Macworld convention and the opening keynote speach is used to plug new hardware and software from Apple itself.

To address the question. There isnt a "deal" on the iPhone anyplace. Apple and AT&T are the only retailers and neither of them offer a sale. You could look at Craigslist for a local deal if you like. Additionally, if you sign up for an Apple.com account and accept emails from them, you will get a coupon for $30 off $300 after a few days.

you know how i know you're gay? you want an iphone...:lol:

say what's up to ryan seacrest for me...

bread's done
Back