iPhone/iPod Touch game - Runt the Rollbot - Free (for now)

tex1ntux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey guys/gals, my first iPhone game just hit the app store this morning.

Runt the Rollbot (iTunes link)

Here's some codes for my fellow CAG's:
HW3W6TT4JNTR
A3WPKLYLXKRF
HAE4HK3FR7YR
4RAR7WN6H3PW
M74P34T7NWN7

Please post the codes as you use them.

I will be actively updating the game based on user feedback, so let me know what you think/what you do or don't like.

Edit: Decided to make this free for now. I'm going to add a button to give me money in a future update. In the meanwhile, please grab the game and let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just redeemed A3WPKLYLXKRF, and someone else has already used HAE4HK3FR7YR.

Thanks much for the freebie codes, I'm downloading the game now. :)

I'm thinking about making the app free and having an option on the main menu to buy me a taco (in-app one time $0.99 purchase). Do you guys like that idea? Really I don't care about giving it away and asking for money if it gets me more tacos.

Also, you won't hurt my feelings if you don't like it. The game is a work in progress, and I take criticisms from fellow CAGs seriously.
I would rather know what you don't like so I can fix it.

:) Cool idea, I don't know how many people will actually go for it, but it might create some buzz for the game. If you do decide to do it, let me know and I'll run a story on my AppAddict.net website about it.

[quote name='Gungrave0']I just used the first code on the list, which was the last of the set. Sorry guys, but it's over.[/QUOTE]
Thats fine, atleast one of our fellow cag'ers got to use the code.

A couple of suggestions...

* I'd like to see an option to be able to just touch one of the colors on the left to switch colors, instead of having to swipe. The swiping didn't always register my swipe and I found myself rolling off the platform often while trying to just select the proper color.
* Add an option to adjust the tilt sensitivity.
* Jump button seemed a little sluggish responsiveness-wise, not sure if this can be tweaked.

Otherwise the game is pretty fun, I definitely like the OpenFeint integration.

(I am using a 2nd gen iPod Touch running latest 3.x software.)

Tilt sensitivity is the most frequent complaint so far, and it will be addressed in the next revision.

Swiping vs. touching was another complaint that has come up before, so I think I will either a.) change it to touching or b.) make an option to touch or swipe.

Stats:
10/30 ($0.99) - 10 codes used. 5 sales in 3 different countries.
10/31 (free) - 211 sales in 13 different countries.

bread's done
Back